PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-07-2006, 09:04 PM #1
Snak3man

which marker?

I recently have been looking at different high end markers to purchase. I want a small, light, and compact gun.

-alien interceptor 05
-alien interceptor 06
-fs 8
-evil minion

please give me suggestions of other gunz too.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2006, 10:12 PM #2
xsk8boardmonkeyx
What About That Sucka?

i would go with teh 05 interceptor, or save up a bit more and get a remains.. which is probally one of the lightest guns out there. hope i could help lol
Old 05-08-2006, 06:43 AM #3
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

fs8>minion

05 ceptor>06 ceptor (imo)

fs8 _?_ 05 ceptor

05 ceptor is cheaper and dosent need as many ups as its real good the way it is. the fs8 is lighter, has a better stock trigger, has less reciol (not by much though), and is a fair amount more expensive.

which do you like more, spool style or ram driven style markers?

KillWithGrace
Old 05-08-2006, 04:30 PM #4
Snak3man

ty very much
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 PM #5
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
i would take the 06 alien myself. all ya need is a new reg. i've heard nothing but good things about the fs8, and the evil minion is a pm6 in hiding, so i myself would go for the 06, but if the fs8 is in your price range, just get the remains.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-09-2006, 11:19 PM #6
imwithpillsbury
•Turtle Power•

has been a member for 10 years
i'd think the 06 ceptor is better than the 05, just get a new reg (if not prove me wrong i'd really like to know)

and if u can get a fs8... get the remains. dont mess around just get an alien.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 PM #7
bunkerd103
Reefers

This is a tough call. I'd say the FS8, i've heard nothing but great things about these and from the videos i have seen they look like a great gun. The Remains is still a few hundred $$ more than the FS8 as if you call shorepaintballsupplies.com they will hook you up with an FS8 for a great price (well under $750). I've shot FS7's and they are super accurate, right there with 'ceptors and the new FS8 has close to the same efficency, a hundred or so less than the interceptor. Both guns are tiny and super comfortable to hold and play with. I'd get the 06 Proto over the Minion as well as I'm not a fan of anything Evil. Tough choice though, shoot them all and see what you like best. If i had the choice, i'd probably go with the FS8 although i do love Interceptors.
building block of the universe. - Frank Zappa

Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 PM #8
DC Batman (Banned)

i herd that the remains is almost like the interceptor so between them both go with an interceptor, minion like every one sed is a pm6 in disguise and i dont like evil either...Fs8 i was also thinking of so its tough but alien interceptor is cheaper so go with that, also u cant forget bout the quest or borg which is only a few hundred more....and trust me the borg kicks major ***
Old 05-10-2006, 10:31 PM #9
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
i have yet to shoot an interceptor, but, the FS8 i got to use was really a great marker
Old 05-13-2006, 01:41 PM #10
Team US 14

go with the 05- 06 interceptor they are extremely ligt
Old 05-13-2006, 02:52 PM #11
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Either of the Aliens are good choices.
Minion is decent.

ICD? BLAH!!!

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 05-13-2006, 06:22 PM #12
bunkerd103
Reefers

Yeah i thought the same thing about ICD, until i came upon an FS8. Still though if you have the money the Remains kicks any gun in the face so you should look into that if you can. Other than that any gun you mentioned would be nice, except for the Minion (I hate Evil).

Last edited by bunkerd103 : 05-14-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:36 PM #13
Heimdall (Banned)

You guys have to consider that the Interceptor isn't exactly the pinnacle of build quality, either. Between LPR creep and it's front block problems, the Interceptor has had it's fair share of problems.

You'll really have to shoot them to decide which is best. Personally, I think it's a toss up between the FS8 and Ceptor.

You can get an FS8 with HR2 mod for 650, and the Interceptor is about 600. The efficiency of the 2 is about the same. They both have excellent electronics and decent regulators (ICD has greatly improved the quality of their stock regs for the FS8)
They could both do with a new barrel, they're both light and compact and as fast as you'll ever need.

The FS requires more maintenence, however the FS has a plethora of aftermarket parts, whereas the Alien has none. The FS also has a more adjustable trigger.

The grip frames are entirley personal preference. Lots of players love the 85 frame on the Alien, while some would prefer the 45 of a Freestyle. The only way you can really decide is to hold them both.

Last edited by Heimdall : 05-13-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:38 AM #14
I.B.C4life (Banned)

which one is lighter the 05 or 06 interceptor. also what is the diff. between the o6 and 05. would it be better just to get the 05
Old 05-14-2006, 01:15 AM #15
Heimdall (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.B.C4life
which one is lighter the 05 or 06 interceptor. also what is the diff. between the o6 and 05. would it be better just to get the 05
There's less than .1 ounce difference between the 2, IIRC.

The 05 has a nicer barrel and regulator, but it requires a little more attention. It also had some problems with LPR creep.

The 06 has looser tolerances, making it a little less needy, and the LPR problems are fixed, but it had some problems with the front block and dosen't have as good of a HPR or barrel.

Really, the difference between the two is pretty small.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:21 AM #16
OneEyedDrew
2k5 Timmy

get a russian intimidator...there extremely light
Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 AM #17
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Last time I checked they're still heavier than an Alien.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:31 PM #18
CHeez-It Freek
Quemalo!

so i currently shoot a 2k3 dragon timmy w/ kapp ram, frenzy 113, and volly...it literally has almost no kik at all and shoots great...but how would a alien compare? ceptor or remains...if i sold my stuff i think i would try and get a remains because it gets more shots off a tank and i use a 45/45
Old 05-14-2006, 01:47 PM #19
bunkerd103
Reefers

Well, the first thing you will notice about both of the Alien guns are how light they are, especially compared to your Intimidator. I havent had much experience with the Remains but the Interceptors have very little kick and they are very comfortable (Remains should have even less kick as they run at a lower pressure), Intimidators are rather big guns compaired to the newer guns out, so you can play really tight with them. I like the way the clamshell on the Intimidators feel and if i could describe the 45* frame on the Remains i would say it's somewhat blocky (needs a "hump" on the spine), i will be buying a Remains but not until they are in production with the 85* frame. I think that with either gun you will be happy.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:48 PM #20
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Between the ceptor and the FS8 honestly Id go with the FS. Absolutly no kick, finally efficiant stock, "1500-1600 shots from a 68/45", stock regs are now great +3 -3 fps jump, stock trigger is as good as they get and alot more adjustable than the ceptors, stock feedneck is basically a ccm clamping no raise, and stock preditor coding is stupid fast. Also you have alot more anno options, aftermarket, and replacement parts available. IMO FS8>interceptor.

But shoot both, then decide.

Oh and the ceptor is $595 right? Haha call shorepaintballsupplies and they sell FS8's for $5 more.

If you spent the same amount that you'd spend on a remains on a FS8 youd have a better gun IMO.
After AKA regs "2 liter and Freestyle lpr", nox, sly barrel, hybrid push button on-off, and hybrid grips your total cost on the FS8 would be a little less than $950.

-Chris
Old 05-14-2006, 03:42 PM #21
Altitude
www.boblong.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDRulesAll
fs8>minion
Explain to me how the ICD FS-8 is better than the Evil Minion. The FS-8 is a gas hog while the Evil Minion is a very effecient marker. Also, the Minion is lighter and is backed up by a better company.