Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-16-2001, 01:30 PM #1
sk8splat99
HOLLLAA!

has been a member for 10 years
timmy for front player

i was wondering if a timmy is a good fromt players gun. because it looks like ur hands a spread really far apart when u hold the gun. i was wonderig if its hard to tuck into small bunkers and snapshoot. thanks for ur help.
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2001, 03:51 PM #2
Morphious

Not really hard to do anythign with this gun. I use it and I am a front player. I have a Warp Feed and a 14 inch barrel, but I have no problems with the gun at all. The Warp Feed allows me to tuck in and make a smaller target when shooting.
Old 08-16-2001, 05:26 PM #3
Paintball Ghost
I am Addicted

Personally I don't think being a front player has anything to do with which gun. Being "tight" in a bunker is all about how one MAKES themselves fit. People play front with tippmann 98's Shockers, and angels and have no problem. Any gun can be in any position it is the player that is has to tuck in not the gun.
In conclusion yes the timmi makes a good front gun but only if you are a good front player.(I play front)
Old 08-16-2001, 08:07 PM #4
Shaggey
Canuck

i disagree
i played with a timmi this week and found it very hard to tuck behind and snapshoot from bunker's opposed to my defiant which i love so much. the timmi was very accurate and was a very nice gun to use but the "length" of it turned me away persay just my rave's.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:21 AM #5
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
I play front with my Timmy. Never noticed any trouble staying tight to the bunker. I use a drop forward to help shorten the overall length.

ME
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:23 PM #6
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaggey
i disagree
i played with a timmi this week and found it very hard to tuck behind and snapshoot from bunker's opposed to my defiant which i love so much. the timmi was very accurate and was a very nice gun to use but the "length" of it turned me away persay just my rave's.
I'm gonna have to refer you to the post directly above you in which it talks about the player being the one who plys tight. It would seem that YOU couldnt play tight with the timmy because YOU couldnt make yourself fit in tight with a timmy in your hands. I play front with an intimidator and have no problems at all. The timmy isnt a whole lot bigger than a defiant, maybe a few inches at the most, hardly something to complain about