Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2006, 05:41 PM #1
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

interceptor problems again

Some more alien leak issues

aired it up and now I have a leak located at the back of the front block.
I changed an oring and have already replaced the hose going to the solenoid so I have no idea what the issue could be

again, im considering sending it to the techs and jack back in california but Im trying to avoid that.
ALIEN ARMADA: because winning really is more fun
Without Trust, what is a mans worth
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2006, 08:15 PM #2
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

nope, like i said its at the back of the front block and i leaks out just under the eye covers...
also a wire was cut to my eyes awhile ago so im probably going to send it back to get replaced
Old 05-02-2006, 08:19 PM #3
NS-Tristan
BÍte Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
check the hose to see if its leaking from where the barb is.

don't bother sending it in, buy a new eye set, and plug it in yourself (easier, and you won't be gunless for that period of time)

if you can fix the leak, never send the marker in for something so easy to fix
Tristan Duncan #03
BÍte Noire

Feedback

Marq7 Trade
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 PM #4
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Supposedly, someone at Wizard is an Alien expert. Hopefully he can fix my bro's velocity issues...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 PM #5
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

I think i found the problem

when the front block came shooting off (for some reason or another) it left a small 'gash' along the cylinder where the o-ring is
I replaced that oring but I think the air is actually leaking around it... Im going to see if a bit of teflon will wrk but I await anyones approval
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 PM #6
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Hey I think I have the same exact problem man! Except, mine came from overtightening the set screw when it wasn't in place... left a nice gash around the o-ring area, as you said...

You think replacing the o-ring would work? I thought of that, then teflon tape, then maybe dow 55 to swell the o-ring so it seals it undoubtedly, but I'm not sure on any of these ideas... I'll be getting air tomorrow to see if thats really what the leak is from.

...and here (kinda a work in progress): Squarespace
Old 05-02-2006, 10:57 PM #7
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

wow
we're like twins or somthing
yah I replaced the oring but to no avail
Im going to (hopefully) get some air tomorrow and same thing with teflon/dow33
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 PM #8
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I would advise against the teflon tape idea. Teflon shreds, and if it somehow got into your solenoid...well, you'd be sad. Using the proper o-ring is always better, maybe Jack can tell you what size they are.

If it really is leaking around the oring due to a gash in the aluminum, you might want to ask Jack for a new one. You'd probably have to pay for it, but its better than paying for new solenoid.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:56 PM #9
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Yeah I think I'll end up having to order a new front block peice, but I'm still gonna try to find another way... it was shooting perfectly for a little while after it happened, but then when I rechrono'd the reff played with the reg and it started shooting wicked inconsistently and massive drop off....

Old 05-03-2006, 06:00 PM #10
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

yah Im probably going to order a new front block.

however the gun did come with some replacement orings that were a bit loose, is it possible to swell them then use those?
Old 05-03-2006, 06:08 PM #11
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

That's what I was hoping to do - swell the o-ring to completely seal it, even if there is a gash.

Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 PM #12
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

AHA, eurika!
I took some teflon, rolled it into a string and placed it under the oring, there's a little leakage but not nearly as much as before.
only a temporary solution until i get a better oring
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 PM #13
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Haha, awesome - maybe I'll try that... You think some of the o-rings that came with the gun would work, or should I try for a larger size (if so, what size do you think would work...)

My idea on this is that if I either get a bigger o-ring, or use Dow 55 to swell the current o-ring, it will seal the leak caused by the little gash...

Any thoughts?

Old 05-03-2006, 10:52 PM #14
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

Im using dow 55 to swell another oring to replace the teflon, but I have only had the teflon on when the gun was at less than full pressure and when the gun was shot a swab was in the breech
Old 05-04-2006, 09:18 PM #15
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

Just curious, where did you buy the Dow 55? My local shop doesn't have it, neither does Ace hardwarer... nor Sears...

Old 05-04-2006, 10:10 PM #16
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
probably got it off pbn
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-04-2006, 10:26 PM #17
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
I think the teflon is ok to use in that part of the gun as the only place for it to get blown into is the valve, breech or your barrel. It could get in between the bolt and receiver or may get caught on the poppit.... but, point is, the noid is safe.

If the o-ring is too big to begin with then dow55 is not going to help.

Teflon under the o-ring... not a bad idea, its been done on some timmy lprs back when they shipped with the wrong o-rings a couple of years ago. In fact, I did that at Blast's direction.

Email Jack for o-rings as soon as possible, and use blue locktite on your Front Block retaining screw so that the darn things don't "shoot off" the gun any more....
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 05-04-2006, 10:31 PM #18
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
it did shoot off the gun, it was scary as hell. aired it up, then POP
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 05-04-2006, 10:31 PM #19
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Teflon tape under the O-Ring OK.
The Orings are standard 015 bottle O-Rings. You might try some smaller O-Rings that are fat ands stretch them - it's just a seal.
I'll wait and see if anyone else has theis problem, could use red locktite so they don't ever come loose but then disassembly would be pretty tough.
Be careful not to overcompensate and overtighten those set screws.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:52 AM #20
Rea[P]er
A Devil In God's Country

The O-ring sizes were fine until there was a gash in that area... so now I want to swell the o-ring (make it bigger ) so it seals completely and air doesn't sneak out through the nicked area... err.. yeah I think that's right...

Old 05-05-2006, 07:00 PM #21
scd22191
JESUS ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
it did shoot off the gun, it was scary as hell. aired it up, then POP
the good thing was that i think if I had cronny'd the front block I'd have gotten damn close to 300fps (he's back)

I'll pick up some locktite later for this but now im gonna put some paint through the alein and my 03matrix because I just fixed both of them