Where you affected by "A Day without an Immigrant"? - Page 6 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where you effected by the "A Day without an Immigrant"?
Not effected in anyway at all. 169 83.66%
I saw a few demonstrate, otherwise not effected. 15 7.43%
Minor, one or two business I went to were closed. Or my class schedule was minorly effected. 11 5.45%
Major, couldn't get anything done, couldn't live like this. Class was thrown off completely/cancled. 6 2.97%
I demonstrated by skiping school or ditching work. 1 0.50%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-13-2006, 02:17 PM #106
AK TIMMY

has been a member for 10 years
They crowded the sidewalks and streets I have to walk on so yes it affected me in a way, all they do is come to the country illegally use our services for free, donít pay taxes or contribute money back to the economy, make it costlier for us to provide services to the people who are actually united states citizens, after they have taken full advantage of our country they send all the money back to Mexico.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:43 AM #107
Nitroscorpion
Palm Beach Vipers

I noticed shorter lines at all stores and vendors. I can honestly say I liked it, wouldnt mind it all the time. So I can say I was affected positively

Last edited by Nitroscorpion : 05-19-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:21 AM #108
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
I wasn't affected at all. I do think they shot themselves in the foot though.

From the onset the goal was to prove thier worth by effectively "shutting down" America for a day. Around noon, after it had been very clear the desired effect would not be had, everybody was clamoring about a different talking point. In the morning the talking points were about how America couldn't function without illegals, then in the afternoon it was," were here to bring this issue to light"

It has brought about debate though and Bush is all for it. To me this seems fraudulent and deceptive, plain and simple. We shouldn't allow this, and for the people defending this - this is NOT how America should have to respond to the people making demands after they have successfully broken our laws to get here in the first place.

I am a land owner, and it is one thing to ask permission to go on my land, it is another to demand permission.

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 PM #109
Randomperson
Fear of the dodgy!

I didn't even know it was happening until it was mentioned on the Colbert Report.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 PM #110
4rtshark (Banned)
Fat Jewish Streetshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomperson
I didn't even know it was happening until it was mentioned on the Colbert Report.
/American ignorance
Old 05-23-2006, 02:21 AM #111
wushui
Unleashed

I live about 6 miles from the border and the high school I go to (SYHS) is 90% Hispanic out of about 2,500 students and 500-600 live in TJ so school was almost deserted that day.

What really makes me go crazy though is that our school is fairly new but way behind schedule in completion because alot of our school funding are wasted on ELD programs and teachers for non-english speakers that dont pay tax and do not bother learning english or anything at all. Not only that but our school has to give them food that our tax money is paying for.

Mostof the "legal" Hispanics that go to school are just as worst except they speak some english and pay tax but they alot better of a job making our campus look like crap.