Where you affected by "A Day without an Immigrant"? - Page 5 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where you effected by the "A Day without an Immigrant"?
Not effected in anyway at all. 169 83.66%
I saw a few demonstrate, otherwise not effected. 15 7.43%
Minor, one or two business I went to were closed. Or my class schedule was minorly effected. 11 5.45%
Major, couldn't get anything done, couldn't live like this. Class was thrown off completely/cancled. 6 2.97%
I demonstrated by skiping school or ditching work. 1 0.50%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-04-2006, 04:32 PM #85
Wendig0
^_^

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate
Stuff like that makes me so pissed off. That isn't protesting. That is intimidation and flat out crime. However, I do not expect much from them in the first place; a great many are nothing more than low life thugs. **** them, they can go back to where they came from.
You, should not have gotten banned for this. I hope when you come out from being banned that you will still be a mod. I bet you aren't racist, you just said that in a bad way to make you seem racist. And you did use words that bring out anger and etc.

Well I feel the same way The Dread Pirate does. Except here it is in my own words.

Things like immigrants comming into our country is okay, its just that they should learn english while they are here or before they come. Because the USA is an english speaking country. And what makes me mad though is that half the mexicans (not to be racist) that come into this country are illegal and they are not citizens. I heard that they were going to build a wall to border it. But all the immigrants that come here be legal, and not live here in an illegal way. I know of some immigrants that are illegal that live here.

PBDirectory.net
Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 PM #86
Banned4EmoBashing (Banned)
Mod In Training

my bus driver, a "legal" mexican, didnt go to work. so, our bus stop never got picked up. so, everyone went home. i live near LA and saw a couple people protesting, nothing major though. but, my gardener never showed up. so, we fired him. while i was not at school i went to a mexican resteraunt and it was closed. so, i went to taco bell, and they were open.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:10 PM #87
Banned4EmoBashing (Banned)
Mod In Training

actually im kinda surprised. those mexicans need there dang money, why not work!? stupid...
Old 05-04-2006, 08:39 PM #88
kcudrellik
killer of ducks!

I love how TDP is banned for an opinion while others have posted COMPLETELY racist things and....... nothing?

I wasnt effected at all but, I'm in Michigan.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:10 PM #89
sutcivnI (Banned)

sutcivnI is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned4EmoBashing
my bus driver, a "legal" mexican, didnt go to work. so, our bus stop never got picked up. so, everyone went home. i live near LA and saw a couple people protesting, nothing major though. but, my gardener never showed up. so, we fired him. while i was not at school i went to a mexican resteraunt and it was closed. so, i went to taco bell, and they were open.
That's because Taco Bell is about as mexican as Dick Cheney.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:14 PM #90
M1sTaWIggLes
ɥsǝɹɟ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutcivnI
That's because Taco Bell is about as mexican as Dick Cheney.
OMG!! damn, that is pretty damn Mexican

TDP, RIP till 05-08-2006, ~10:00 AM, i hope you dont get "De-mod'd". Its funny how he gets banned, while other blatant racist posts go un reported.

ANYWHO, for all of you saying "we illegals come in and work ****ty jobs, and work our ***** off for almost nothing." Well, laws are laws, why are illegals protesting when they came in here ILLEGALLY!? Thats like if ST as a whole went out and commited mass murders, then protested the fact that it was good for the U.S., because we lowered the population
Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 PM #91
Not_Muffin (Banned)
USC Rose Bowl Champs!

The thing that gets me is mexicans that work in stores and restaurants and yet THEY CANT ****ING SPEAK ENGLISH.

i asked this mexican lady in my local grocery market where the baked goods where and the ***** said no habla espanol i put that ***** out on blast, i yelled at her so loud asking her *Why the **** are you hear working in america when you cant speak english* everyone stared at me in the store and i got kicked out.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 PM #92
Tatsuya (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Muffin
Why the **** are you hear

when you cant speak english
Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 PM #93
P8ntLife189
Not a Gang Member

I live about 20 miles south of boston MA, I wasnt affected in the least, nor did anyone i know even mention it
I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Liberal Democrats don't want praying in school. Why? Because praying causes thinking. And thinking causes Republicans.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:42 PM #94
Wendig0
^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcudrellik
I love how TDP is banned for an opinion while others have posted COMPLETELY racist things and....... nothing?

I wasnt effected at all but, I'm in Michigan.
yeah I agree. And dread pirate wasnt all that racist, but just when he said **** em, and they go back where they came from.lol

But people somtimes don't think before they act, so I'm pretty sure that anyone would alow anyone to come to our country and accept them. We don't want to turn this place into a neo nazism, which means that what happend like 65 years ago can happen again, like the holocaust. And we need to prevent that from happening.

PBDirectory.net

Last edited by Wendig0 : 05-04-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 AM #95
spyder_dude
shred

a mexican food place was closed, I had to choose another
Old 05-05-2006, 08:28 AM #96
tuna

I have to say that I was affected. I was out of town in Dallas, and on monday night we wanted to go to a mexican restaurant for dinner. It was closed. So we walked over to a sushi/noodle restaurant and they were slow because a lot of their work wasnt in. But we weren't in a hurry so it was fine.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:37 AM #97
SwampRat442
Rec Baller

I forgot that it was even going on, I had to be reminded when I got to work. A few took the day off but they're all legal and they just used some paid vacation time to sit at home and drink Corona.

I asked one of the guys there why he didn't take the day off and he simply said, "Why? I came here to work."

I think that about sums it up, right there.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:55 PM #98
doublenot7
KAFIR

Can ST say "backfire"???
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM #99
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenot7
Can ST say "backfire"???
LIEK OMG YES YES!!!! Pick ME!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 PM #100
mark2582

Yeah local taco shop was closed. There are maybe two people who work there that speak English. Damn good taco's though.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:38 AM #101
OD_SCballa
jamboxxin

Well, for one day out of the year, I could not go to the local mexican restaurant and drink beer without being carded and I could not get my churros at a dsicount price. So yes, I'd say I was majorly affected.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:00 AM #102
OneFourDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by P8ntLife189
I live about 20 miles south of boston MA, I wasnt affected in the least, nor did anyone i know even mention it

i live in providence, just a little protest in kennedy plaza, haha if you dont know what kennedy plaza is, It's a bus station, so basically they chose a place where most knew already.

BTW i wore my minuteman pin on that day.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1754061
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 AM #103
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
You are a disgrace. The people today were waving American flags. They dont know how it is to suffer to become a citizen? They work the ****tiest jobs.

I am Mexican also. My dad was an illegal immigrant as was my grandma. My mom is full Mexican also but she was born here. I am going to college to become a firefighter, joining the US Army as an Infantryman in the coming months, and hope to one day become a police officer. I speak 3 languages: English, Spannish, and German. Everywhere else in the world people are taught more then one language, why do we have this patriotic stick up our ***** about language?

Also, what does being messed with by the extremely corrupt Mexican government have to do with the Mexican people?
The reason we dont speak multi different languages is because we dont have to. There are only 3 major countries in north amerca 2 of them speak english (a little french) and the other one speaks spanish. So there really is no need. And the Mexican government has EVERYTHING to do with its people. Their government is run by and only serves the aristocrat.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 05-13-2006, 11:08 AM #104
bizkitfan601

bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I was very affected. For once I got my order correct from McDonalds.

"I wonder if there is such a thing in nature as a fat mind? I really think I have met with one or two: minds which could not keep up with the slowest trot in conversation; could not jump over a logical fence to save their lives; always got stuck fast in a narrow argument; and, in short, were fit for nothing but to waddle helplessly through the world"
Old 05-13-2006, 11:12 AM #105
starkc
ver d.3.1.0

I was affected, positively.

I drove to school in my truck, and they didn't flock me at stoplights/signs. AND I could go get gas without being asked for work.

Mister, We Deal in Lead
Team Ragnarok
The thing that makes a man into a professional is the software.
"Here is my personal advice; be a man. Don't come down here expecting **** for free, don't feel it is your right to be treated well, and exercise some freaking integrity."
TSgt B. Murray