Where you affected by "A Day without an Immigrant"? - Page 2 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Where you effected by the "A Day without an Immigrant"?
Not effected in anyway at all. 169 83.66%
I saw a few demonstrate, otherwise not effected. 15 7.43%
Minor, one or two business I went to were closed. Or my class schedule was minorly effected. 11 5.45%
Major, couldn't get anything done, couldn't live like this. Class was thrown off completely/cancled. 6 2.97%
I demonstrated by skiping school or ditching work. 1 0.50%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 AM #22
pbhunter5190
Fantastic!

pbhunter5190 is a Supporting Member
Where is the option for: No it was my birthday!!!?
I watch it all, and pretend that Iím above it.
But the truth is I see it I need it, I love it.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:19 AM #23
Stealth Echo (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhunter5190
Where is the option for: No it was my birthday!!!?
That sucks ***.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:20 AM #24
pbhunter5190
Fantastic!

pbhunter5190 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Echo
That sucks ***.

why? Birthday's=fun!
I watch it all, and pretend that Iím above it.
But the truth is I see it I need it, I love it.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 AM #25
ClawHammer
Kraft durch Freude

ClawHammer is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Please I don't want this to turn into a for or against illegal immigrants, there are plenty of threads in this forum for that.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:37 AM #26
Shock Ball
ORLY?

School wasn't crowded, I didn't really see any out protesting...but it actually positively affected my school day, just because honestly, the ones that start trouble are the ones that walk out, they just see it as a day off from school.

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us.
O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!" - Leonardo da Vinci
Old 05-02-2006, 03:05 AM #27
summitlb

not effected in anyway my mom and step-dad run all the mcdonalds in the area and told all the latinos if they dont show up for work to find other jobs. we have tons of latinos here and non marched all went to work too all went to school (that i could tell)
Old 05-02-2006, 04:49 AM #28
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
speak 3 languages: English, Spannish, and German. Everywhere else in the world people are taught more then one language, why do we have this patriotic stick up our ***** about language?
go to any other country, and they will expect you to speak the language of their country.....and they wont have all these signs in different languages

Also, what does being messed with by the extremely corrupt Mexican government have to do with the Mexican people?
the point is, no country in the entire world is going to change their laws and **** for illegal immigrants......look at frace, a bunch of troublestarting arabs and protesting and **** theyre, but the french government isnt going to give them what they are demanding (although i dont remember why theyre protesting
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM #29
$PJ$ (Banned)
Northern Ballers Prez

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by magshooter
I wasnt affected at all, and it didnt even put the smallest ****ing dent in the economy beaners fail.......................again
QFT

It was just another example of people crying without results.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:57 AM #30
greenmile

There was a protest that started at noon at my college, they marched around the campus for about a half hour, then...I guess they headed down town cuz I live in Los Angeles...there was bigger stuff going on down there. No problems and traffic was lots better.

I was thinking, while watching the thousands of marchers on the news...This "day without an immigrant" is costing the immigrants quite a bit considering they took the day off of work. If they each donated a day's wage, instead of not earning that day's wage to the cause....20K protesters =$1million (at avg. $50 day's wage). Nationwide 1million protesters = $50million that they could use for lobbying, legal support, advertisement and political action committees....instead of just taking a day off of work and earning nothing.

It cost them much more than the statement was worth.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 AM #31
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
You are a disgrace. The people today were waving American flags. They dont know how it is to suffer to become a citizen? They work the <del>****</del>tiest jobs.
Yes, they were waving American flags that were passed out to them by protest organizers. Did you see the pictures AFTER the protest? There were flags in the trash and on the ground. They don't have any pride unless it is infront of a camera.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 AM #32
greenmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate
Yes, they were waving American flags that were passed out to them by protest organizers. Did you see the pictures AFTER the protest? There were flags in the trash and on the ground. They don't have any pride unless it is infront of a camera.
Dread, cut XOne some slack...he's from frisco....they're a lil more progressive thinkers up there than just about anywhere in the nation. That whole area's the birthplace of the protest, berkley etc.

In frisco the bums are allowed to deficate in the street w/o punishment.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:37 AM #33
Beers78n9
Why settle for 72 Virgins

I was effected by this day without immigrants. About 8 last night I was getting hungry and had been craving these awesome Fish Tacos from a mexican joint not too far from my house. I head on over and its closed. Well, I've still got Fish Tacos on my mind so i drive a few more miles to another Mexican joint that has good Fish Tacos and they were closed too. I was so pissed. I ended up just going to Taco Bell.

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 AM #34
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

The best part about the Illegal Immigrant marches/protests/whatthe****s was that there were no ****ty vans driving on the highways at 20 mph below the speed limit.
I wish they would do that everyday.
God Bless The Man That Gets In My Way...
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 AM #35
Beers78n9

Do you think we as Legal American citizens should now boycott the illegals businesses?

"Originally posted by bizkitfan601: There is no reason to have a need. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to own those weapons without a need or a cause. This is America - the land of freedom. And we have cool **** to prove it.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
Old 05-02-2006, 11:02 AM #36
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptiwave
The best part about the Illegal Immigrant marches/protests/whatthe<del>****</del>s was that there were no <del>****</del>ty vans driving on the highways at 20 mph below the speed limit.
I wish they would do that everyday.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beers78n9
I was effected by this day without immigrants. About 8 last night I was getting hungry and had been craving these awesome Fish Tacos from a mexican joint not too far from my house. I head on over and its closed. Well, I've still got Fish Tacos on my mind so i drive a few more miles to another Mexican joint that has good Fish Tacos and they were closed too. I was so pissed. I ended up just going to Taco Bell.
Chipotle was still open. I went there for lunch!

Quote:
Do you think we as Legal American citizens should now boycott the illegals businesses?
Yes.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:48 AM #37
c|w (Banned)
Random Hero

NO i lve in maine,

but i would glady trade mexicans for somalians. at least the mexicans work and can sometimes speak english.

Somalians just suck off welfare
Old 05-02-2006, 11:59 AM #38
ContractKiller4Hire

My day was only change becuase my two classes i have on Monday were canceled.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:34 PM #39
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

Quote:
All the places that closed down, or will not fire their ILLEGAL employees, I will not ever spend money at again.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:40 PM #40
Beers78n9

But opne of the places was Muchas Gracias! i could never quit Muchas Gracias. i love that place. Maybe instead of eating there 2-3 times a weekI'll eat there only once every few weeks

Old 05-02-2006, 01:41 PM #41
Deceptiwave
Built to Endure

I stick to my guns man. We only eat out maybe 3 times a month, and I will not go to the illegal immigrant supporters.
Lift Hard. Die Strong.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:44 PM #42
Beers78n9

But the food is soooooo goooooooood