PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-30-2006, 06:27 PM #1
HKG07

Smile Alien Interceptor Battle

I viewed the chart on alienog.com and it seemed that Alien interceptor 05 has better parts, but the only thing the 06 version had over the 05 version is the new look and milling. So, is the Alien 05 a much better deal than the 06?
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2006, 07:19 PM #2
stearns
waste managment army

has been a member for 10 years
the way i understand it is that its about the way you play. if you're the kind of guy (like me) who has every part ever on hand at any moment, then the 05 is better (due to the fact that playing while missing a screw = death), but if you just like going out for a day of play with a gun and a mask, then you're better off with an 06, because most problems (like a missing screw) can be handeled later on in the day. please, if im far off here, someone correct me, but thats just my understanding

stearns
Old 04-30-2006, 07:26 PM #3
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
stearns has it dead on.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 04-30-2006, 08:55 PM #4
ikey

i think this is all crap. get the 06 IMO. yes the 05 does have teh cp. but here the way i see everything reguarding the tighter tolerances. does it really make a difference? no. 06 still has tight tolerances, just not as tight as the 05. does that mnea its really better performing? no. are you really going to say hey i can really feel my gun shooting better because teh tolerances are like 0.0003 of an inch tighter? are you kidding me? it doesnt matter. technically, teh machining/quality is better because teh tolerances are 0.0003 better (thats not actually right, but my point is teh tolerances are sooooo small it makes no difference). teh 05 has a dinky ram shaft. ive seen a pic. IMO i dont want a dink ram shaft. i want my ram shaft beefy and strong looking.....06 has a thicker r am shaft. 06 has a larger breech bore for more paints. i dont want my gun chopping nomatter what paint i use....and any high end gun should be able to shoot mid grade to high end paint (any paint a playing feild would sell). if not, i dont want to own teh gun. teh paint should suit the gun, the gun should not have to suit teh paint. teh 06 comes with new eye covers most would agree are better looking, a different reg, clamping neck, rail and on off, and little different frame (teh bakc is not as curved, its more straight). the way i see it stuff is better with the 06. plus, as a general rule of thumb i never buy a gun in the first year of production. most of the time they have bugs.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:30 PM #5
TNTNY2FLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
i think this is all crap. get the 06 IMO. yes the 05 does have teh cp. but here the way i see everything reguarding the tighter tolerances. does it really make a difference? no. 06 still has tight tolerances, just not as tight as the 05. does that mnea its really better performing? no. are you really going to say hey i can really feel my gun shooting better because teh tolerances are like 0.0003 of an inch tighter? are you kidding me? it doesnt matter. technically, teh machining/quality is better because teh tolerances are 0.0003 better (thats not actually right, but my point is teh tolerances are sooooo small it makes no difference). teh 05 has a dinky ram shaft. ive seen a pic. IMO i dont want a dink ram shaft. i want my ram shaft beefy and strong looking.....06 has a thicker r am shaft. 06 has a larger breech bore for more paints. i dont want my gun chopping nomatter what paint i use....and any high end gun should be able to shoot mid grade to high end paint (any paint a playing feild would sell). if not, i dont want to own teh gun. teh paint should suit the gun, the gun should not have to suit teh paint. teh 06 comes with new eye covers most would agree are better looking, a different reg, clamping neck, rail and on off, and little different frame (teh bakc is not as curved, its more straight). the way i see it stuff is better with the 06. plus, as a general rule of thumb i never buy a gun in the first year of production. most of the time they have bugs.
Seriosly man...I'm not the guy to point out gramatical errors because normally it's just the way someone nitpicks their way out of an argument and it's normally only a few small errors but in this case I really have no say as to who's right or wrong and I just ask that you please read through your post maybe once before you post. From a neutral viewpoint in this argument... the way you wrote really kills your argument and it also is quite annoying. I remember reading less than half of the words "The" had correct spelling yet don't remember a thing that you had to say. The word THE is possibly the easiest word to spell my man,just read through it once and catch a few things...if you have the time to write a long post take the time to read through it a bit. I'm not sure if you're doing these things for a reason but you also did not capitalize ANY of the first words in your sentances. I mean it's completely up to you to write/spell correctly or even somewhat correctly but if you ever want to try and make a point just keep it in mind because it's quite distracting and detracts from your idea being expressed. I am in no way asking for people especially a bunch of paintballers on a forum to be english majors but let's not be completely rediculous.

So just for future reference...read through your post once or maybe twice,
Ryan
Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 PM #6
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

^^^^Second biggest laugh ever. Seriously thats humor in its purest form.

Mr. TNT, you deserve a cookie,

Chris
Old 04-30-2006, 10:12 PM #7
TNTNY2FLA

I don't get it...but whatevs. Just trying to keep things positive in this forum cause it's one of the few that actually are still decent on PBN. Trust me I've been on PBN for a looong time and arguing and BS doesn't help...maybe if I give him a serious opinion he'll take it into consideration. If I say OMGzers YoUr GrAMMA sucKS Yo...it won't do anything. The small things you'de be surprised holds back paintball....and even though paintballs "image" can be referred to in other ways...you'de be surprised how much the professionalism of paintballers effects the image. Again I'm not askin people to be perferct and this world to be full of rainbows and lolipops, but some people seriously need to stop being so lazy and negative.

Ryan
Old 04-30-2006, 10:54 PM #8
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

I have an 05 Interceptor and I'm very happy with it. Never having shot an 06 I can't say if one outperforms the other. Maybe the tighter tolerances in the 05 make do a difference. The 06 is a little beefier so it will weigh a tad more. I have always liked the old eye covers with the alien stickers on them so styling actually leans to 05 for me. I honestly don't think I'd play with a missing screw in either one, but the 05 might require a more regular maintenance program, like after every game day. That's a good habit to get in anyways. The 06 has two improvements:

1. the all Delrin bolt
2. adjustable trigger tension

If you think you need it, the 05 can be upgraded to an all Delrin bolt but sadly not to adjustable trigger tension. If you can live without that easy adjustability and do the very small incremental spring cutting thing to lighten the pull (if you need it). Then the 05 is a great deal.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:18 PM #9
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
...but here the way i see everything reguarding the tighter tolerances. does it really make a difference? no. 06 still has tight tolerances, just not as tight as the 05.
The tolerances are the same. Its just that the breech is bigger... the parts are still well machined and matched.

Quote:
...teh 05 has a dinky ram shaft. ive seen a pic. IMO i dont want a dink ram shaft. i want my ram shaft beefy and strong looking.....06 has a thicker r am shaft.
I noticed the larger hammer/ram shaft on the Remains... my guess is that it is necessary because the new bolts are lighter. For those of us (like me) who have the new bolt and an '05 I think that just translates into a slightly higher lpr. In the end though, the "look" of the ram shaft is not important... you only see it when you take the gun apart! If it works, then it works...

Quote:
... plus, as a general rule of thumb i never buy a gun in the first year of production. most of the time they have bugs.
True. In that OG article on the marker differences, if you read further down past the chart, you will see that there's something that talks about that.... "bugs" realy are in the area of the internal milling. Dismantling the marker will show you raw aluminum in some areas - milling after the anno to correct whatever needed to be corrected. Milling down the feedneck, milling around the noid, milling by the airbarb. The only 'bugs' that made it to the buyer's hands were some bad cup seals and batteries that needed to be isolated from physically hitting the harness/board.

The '06 is a matured '05 - milling changes internaly result in better battery placement, larger passages for routing wires and so forth and other corrections/improvements.

The devil is in the details and if you want the benefit of the little extra details, get the '06. If you can live without the extra attention to detail then the '05 will work just as well.
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 PM #10
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Ikey is teh l33t spellzorez. But I agree with most of what he said.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 PM #11
ikey

oh yeah i forgot about the trigger adjustment and the bolts.....and yes i admit my typing is horrible
Old 05-01-2006, 02:53 PM #12
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

pbn needs a spellcheck.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:20 PM #13
TNTNY2FLA

Why do I remember it having one at one time?...maybe I'm delerious or am thinking of another forum. Chances are people wouldn't use it anyway but it would be a nice little addition.

Ryan
Old 05-01-2006, 05:10 PM #14
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

personally, after playing with both, i like the 05 more. the 06 feels kinda cluky, its heavier, the asa/rail kinda suck, and it also feels (im not sure why) a fair amount bigger than the 05.

the 05 was more consistant, lighter, and much smaller feeling, and i liked the black to gold fade i was using.

also the 06 kept turning off in the middle of the game, and at gpl tourneys, your not allowed to turn your gun off, or touch buttons in the middle of the game as it can be considered changing settings, so i had to explain to the ref what was up in order not to give my team a penalty, and they were looking at me wierd, and the whole made me want the 05 back.

... thats my input

KillWithGrace