PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM #1
SSCamaro

Alien

Whats the difference between the Interceptor and the Remains, Im very interested in "other" type markers such as AM's Diadem, and Aliens markers, etc, I have read up on the basics and cant decide which to get due to lack of knowledge I even checked out the AlienOG. Thanks for your time and input.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2006, 12:16 PM #2
USMarine928
face shooter

well considering that if you were to get a diadem you cant send it in for repair/get replacement parts for it because the company went out of buisness and unlike AKA, AM does not even exist anymore so you cant send your gun in for repairs or get replacement parts. alien on the other hand is alive and well and has excelent customer serivce. the guns are nice and they are still far and few between i havnt seen one yet in person other than mine.

Huge Gearbag EmptyOut ♥JT♥EVIL♥VL♥SMARTPARTS♥ECT.♥

l www.nyp8nt.com l l FEPMAFIA. l lfeedback +17/-0 l l fepowners.com l l alienog.com l 9/4/06 RIP Steve Irwin
Old 07-31-2006, 12:37 PM #3
SSCamaro

I want to know the difference between the Interceptor and the Remains. NOT between the AM and ALIEN manu.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:16 PM #4
Em de BX
aka 2 EZ

Main difference that you can see is that the Interceptor has a front block, Remains has an integrated LPR. Remains also weighs less. Operating pressures are a bit different, but not by much (can't remember the exact numbers). Milling is different.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:41 PM #5
USMarine928
face shooter

what he said^ and the remains has a 45* frame, the ceptor has 85* frame. the remains is also the lightest gun on the market right now(seems lighter than the angel 1 as well, i didnt get exact weights though, the remains feels lighter to me)

l www.nyp8nt.com l l FEPMAFIA. l lfeedback +17/-0 l l fepowners.com l l alienog.com l 9/4/06 RIP Steve Irwin
Old 07-31-2006, 01:42 PM #6
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

http://alienog.com/portal/modules.ph... der=0&thold=0

That's a comparison chart from the OG that covers most differences between all three guns (and some teaser info about the probe, although I've heard that its been postponed/cancelled).

Basically, Remains has more milling, an integrated lpr (with no ability yet to add an aftermarket lpr), an AKA style feedneck, VA (no front block, saves weight), 45 frame (85 available in the future), no bottomline stock, CP reg, and the fantastic Invasion barrel used on the 05 (I think its longer though. the 06 barrel is nice but not fantastic).
Old 07-31-2006, 01:50 PM #7
SSCamaro

awesome thanks, do you think there would be any interest in an aftermarket lpr adaptor?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM #8
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

LPR's are just for show anyway? No matter the shape, right?

And if that's the case, only people who are very into asthetics would care.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 PM #9
USMarine928
face shooter

just for show? no way bro.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:21 PM #10
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Oh, i was thinking the LPC.

My bad
Old 07-31-2006, 02:39 PM #11
SSCamaro

LPC= low pressure chamber it can help a little
LPR= low pressure regulator helps lower bolt pressure get that pinching of paintballs that most people enjoy or even a finger if you get bored and stick it down the breech.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:29 PM #12
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
The A1 weighs 2 pounds 2-3 ounces, one of those numbers. the remains runs on 180 hpr and 80 lpr, interceptor runs off ~200 hpr, 100 lpr
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 07-31-2006, 06:40 PM #13
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro
awesome thanks, do you think there would be any interest in an aftermarket lpr adaptor?
An adapter? Like, so you can use some other type of otherwise incompatible LPR? There's no need, they accept 2k2 timmy LPR's, of which there are many existing brands... various Bob Long LPRs, CP, Hybrid, Palmer, etc.
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 07-31-2006, 08:35 PM #14
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

I think he is talking about for the Remains. I'm almost positive that the Remains uses a unique mounting pattern. I think its a good idea, I haven't heard any complaints about the stock lpr but I'm sure an SCM or STD could beat it. Its not necessary to add extra volume, since there's already enough to lower the operating pressure to ~80 psi, and its hard to do better than that without drilling a huge tube like on an Angel or Viking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro
LPC= low pressure chamber it can help a little
LPR= low pressure regulator helps lower bolt pressure get that pinching of paintballs that most people enjoy or even a finger if you get bored and stick it down the breech.
Not quite. The only time an LPR will lower operating pressure is if you didn't have one in the first place, an aftermarket LPR will not help with this. I suppose if you were firing insanely fast and your LPR was not recharging fast enough and you needed to raise pressure to keep up, a faster LPR would allow a lower pressure, but that's not in the realm of likelihood.

What an aftermarket LPR may do, however, is increase shot-to-shot consistency, reduce creep, and possibly increase reliability.

The LPC (I call it a volumizer) will add more space for air to be stored before its fired, so this allows a lower operating pressure.

Last edited by Exit Wounds : 07-31-2006 at 08:37 PM.