PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-30-2006, 09:35 PM #1
croutonsdad
From Parts Unknown

Just got my interceptor

Bought my 06 ceptor this week. I have had a few problems. I have a leak going down the barrel. I also had my bolt shoot out at me. The screw in my bolt backs itself out when shooting. Anyone have any ideas what to do? I just want to get this up and running.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 PM #2
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
thread sealer/teflon tape it. leaking down the barrel is valve
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 07-30-2006, 10:10 PM #3
USMarine928
face shooter

yeh thread seal the blot pin screw back in, as for the leak down the barrel, cheack your ram...

Huge Gearbag EmptyOut ♥JT♥EVIL♥VL♥SMARTPARTS♥ECT.♥

l www.nyp8nt.com l l FEPMAFIA. l lfeedback +17/-0 l l fepowners.com l l alienog.com l 9/4/06 RIP Steve Irwin
Old 07-30-2006, 10:33 PM #4
croutonsdad
From Parts Unknown

I will check the valve. What little i did get it to shoot I was impressed. I almost bought an etek before I bought this. Nobody here has one but me.

Once i get it up and working. It will be the beast of the field.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 PM #5
USMarine928
face shooter

yeh once that prob is fixed it will mow, if your still expreiencing problems email jack, he will hook you up.

Huge Gearbag EmptyOut ♥JT♥EVIL♥VL♥SMARTPARTS♥ECT.♥

l www.nyp8nt.com l l FEPMAFIA. l lfeedback +17/-0 l l fepowners.com l l alienog.com l 9/4/06 RIP Steve Irwin
Old 07-31-2006, 09:33 AM #6
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
thread sealer/teflon tape it. leaking down the barrel is valve
I love it!!! Short and sweet. Everything Eternal said is correct in my book.
This is the first time I have heard about the bolt screw slowly unscrewing itself. lol I can't see how it shot out at you unless the pin was pulled up because the screw only holds in the ball bearing and spring holding the pin from falling out of the bolt, but anyway teflon tape works great for that job remember you don't want to screw it in so far that its hard to pulled up the bolt pin.

For the air down the barrel, If it is down the barrel then it is the valve in the gun. The valve pin isn't sealing and may need some breaking in before it seals correctly since its made of plastic. If your not sure then read the manual on doing a disassembled air up to isolate the leak. Don't unscrew the allen screw holding the valve while air'd up though. I REPEAT DONT UNSCREW THE ALLEN screw holding the valve. Hope that helps.

-p-

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback
Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 AM #7
BadakVT

Pete,

The leak down the barrel goes away after you shoot the gun few times. Also, it might just be the macroline fitting on the HPR, try moving the macroline around see if the leak stops.

As for the bolt screw backing off, I have no idea why it would do that.... I played with the gun for two weekends and it never did anything like that...

I just feel really bad coz of these problems, it was shooting flawlessly when I shipped it out...
Old 07-31-2006, 01:05 PM #8
NS-Tristan
BÍte Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by croutonsdad
I also had my bolt shoot out at me. The screw in my bolt backs itself out when shooting. Anyone have any ideas what to do? I just want to get this up and running.

that didn't happen to me, but my bolt pin did fall out once...just adjusted it, and it's been good for about 10 cases now
Tristan Duncan #03
BÍte Noire

Feedback

Marq7 Trade
Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 AM #9
canadian kid

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by croutonsdad
The screw in my bolt backs itself out when shooting. Anyone have any ideas what to do?

Blue threadlock, i had this issue for a while, and this solved it. Haven't had a problem since.