Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-16-2002, 09:55 AM #1
Saccan
If youre ugly, youre ugly

has been a member for 10 years
150 psi bolt operating pressure! Wth?

Can someone here help me?! ive just gotten myself a brand new timmy2k2 and when i gassed it up it leaked from the valve. Increasing inline pressure removed that. But everytime i gas the marker down for the day, and the next day gas it up. The same valve leaks again!. Som i screw in the inline some more but then the gauge reads an operating pressure of like 130 150 or so.

Does the valve always leak during a gas up like that until u adjust it? (it worx fine after that)

And now my main issue. I cant seem to increase my velocity without increasing my bolt pressure. I set it so that it reads 85 psi, But i shoot like 120 fps

Increasing the bolt pressure increases the velocity, but at 150 psi i dared not increase it further.

85psi=120 fps
120psi=180fps
150psi=210fps

And that seems to be my only way of increasing velocity. Neither adjusting the HPR or increase the dwell helped. only inline adjusting.

Is it so that i must adjust the HPR after i increase inline pressure? Does that reg reduce boltpressure?

In other words, When i increase inline pressure, i must reduce/increase HPR setting to get my beloved 85 psi?

Unfortunately i ran outta air and i dont have a spare tank .

Am i correct or is it something else?!!?
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2002, 12:18 PM #2
Homer
Old but Smart!

Same thing happened to me when it was new. Take apart both regs and LUBE them. They tend to be cheap on the lube when assembling for some reason. Make sure the o-rings are lubed good, move them around a bit before reassembling and you should find this takes care of it.

Sponsored by:PaintballWizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, Draxxus Paint, and my brother (I steal all his stuff)

My posts and personal opinions DO NOT reflect the views of my sponsors. I just have a Big Mouth.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:39 PM #3
Happy Trigger
She's Hot!!!!

The gauge that you are reading is on the side of the Box reg on the front of the gu, not the inline, right? That should be set no higher than 90psi. Preferable at 80psi.

Take apart your front reg and clean and grease it. Take apart your inline reg and clean and grease it. Put it back together. Set your LP reg at about 80psi. Now set your inline reg to about 200psi. Turn your inline up or down to reach your desired velocity. You should rarely ever have to touch your LPR. Just if you notice it out by about 5psi from where you set it.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:41 PM #4
chrisfx811
people = $h!t

i had similair probs, i agree, diassemble both regs and lube. your lpr reg should always be right at or close to 85 psi unless you have other mods done. if you raise it too high your valve will leak. your hp reg should control your velocity. also make sure your dwell is set right. go to www.pettypb.com for timmy dip switch settings.
was this gun brand new or used?
Old 11-16-2002, 12:55 PM #5
Saccan
If youre ugly, youre ugly

Extremely brand new....

ill try working on the regs... cant wait to mess them up

Thx guys ill try this out and see what happens
Old 11-16-2002, 04:28 PM #6
Marauder
James Marauder Holbrook

Marauder is a Supporting Member
if your HP reg is set too high it will cause this problem. you should have about 250psi going into the marker to start with and adjust from there. do this turn your hp reg all the way down. then slowly turn it up from there until your LP reg guage reads about 85psi then turn the LP reg all the way down. give the HP reg about 1/2 turn inwards and then reset your lp reg to 85psi. now adjust your HP reg inward until you achieve the proper velocity over the chrono. if your LP reg spikes when you air the marker up then call paintballkingdom and order the metric oring that fixes this problem.
"the probability that someone is watching is directly proportional to the stupidity of the action"-james marauder holbrook
i'm selling a rare 2k2 tri-color fade timmy near mint condition. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2773463
Old 12-16-2002, 02:45 AM #7
Drackir
Slamdancers

Dwell

I had the same and had to change my dwell from 6ms to 8ms. Then it worked great.