PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-15-2002, 10:50 AM #1
illipino

has been a member for 10 years
Question what springs to use

i have a 2k2 cocker and palmers stabilizer, im using co2 currently and want the gun to have maximum efficency. i want to know what the best spring combo is for a STOCK setup. i have searched the forum and read everything from light valve/light main spring, heavy valve/light main. can someone please tell me the best combo to use?

thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2002, 11:33 AM #2
DTang
Banned

DTang is a Supporting Member
Respringing is more or less to reduce chops not to gain max efficiency. Sweet spot your reg for efficiency... and read my sig... think about it before you take apart your cocker. which im sure you dont know to well
Old 11-15-2002, 12:11 PM #3
illipino

what i meant was, to have BETTER efficieny.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:23 PM #4
illipino

and who said I was gonna take apart my cocker?
Old 11-15-2002, 02:16 PM #5
Neouser99

You or somebody has to take it apart to get to the springs...they don't just pop out.

Anyway, best efficiency is usuallys related only to the valve spring. The harder the spring the shorter amout of time it is open. Therefore less air is used. But this is only true if you have your reg properly set up to. Change your springs, then set up your reg to sweet spot it. That will produce your best results. As for the main spring, that is related to the valve time, but more so to the velocity and the different ranges that you can get. One more thing, with a lighter main spring, you can have a lower recocking pressure, which would in turn lower the amout of pressure you have on your internals and bolt. That is where he says you will see less chops.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:30 PM #6
illipino

thanks neo,
just to clear things up, i know you have to take the gun apart i was just saying im not the one who was gonna do it.