What happened to the marijuana thread? Can a mod recover it? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalizes?
Yes. 34 59.65%
No. 20 35.09%
Undecided. 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:08 PM #1
minime

minime is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
What happened to the marijuana thread? Can a mod recover it?

Why did it get deleted?

Continue the discussion here for now I guess.

I was really looking forward to the explanation as to why a marijuana prescription would be any harder to control than, say, a vicodin prescription.

Flex 7 F/S

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2006, 09:15 PM #2
Goat Reincarnated (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
Why did it get deleted?

Continue the discussion here for now I guess.

I was really looking forward to the explanation as to why a marijuana prescription would be any harder to control than, say, a vicodin prescription.
The person who made the thread killed it.

No one said that a marijuana perscription was harder to control than vicodin. I said that the dosage (when smoked) was impossible to control. Smoking something causes too many variables. The size of the hits, the length of time you hold them in, smoke spilled off of the joint or bowl or whatever, stale smoke left in the bong or pipe, etc.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 PM #3
minime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Reincarnated
The person who made the thread killed it.

No one said that a marijuana perscription was harder to control than vicodin. I said that the dosage (when smoked) was impossible to control. Smoking something causes too many variables. The size of the hits, the length of time you hold them in, smoke spilled off of the joint or bowl or whatever, stale smoke left in the bong or pipe, etc.
Yes but it has been successful in the past and to this day it is still successful.

The size of the hit doesn't matter because you're still smoking the whole joint. 6 hits at 50% effort will smoke just as much as 3 hits at 100% effort.

The length of time you hold it in doesn't matter because 98% of the THC is absorbed into your lungs in the first few seconds. The only thing holding it in does is hurt your lungs from the smoke more.

Smoke spilled off the joint is minimal and there is no stale smoke/weed left on a joint with a filler in the end.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 04-26-2006, 09:44 PM #4
sutcivnI (Banned)

sutcivnI is a Supporting Member
Dude, are you serious? After my ****ing GENIUS 8 paragraph post he deletes it? I'm going to kick stawlkers *** for that one.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:09 PM #5
minime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutcivnI
Dude, are you serious? After my ****ing GENIUS 8 paragraph post he deletes it? I'm going to kick stawlkers *** for that one.

I wouldn't go calling it genius, I had a pretty good post in response that is now lost. I know the mods can recover it but then he can just go delete it again.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 04-26-2006, 10:10 PM #6
Goat Reincarnated (Banned)

Quote:
Yes but it has been successful in the past and to this day it is still successful.
Name an FDA approved drug that is smoked.

Quote:
The size of the hit doesn't matter because you're still smoking the whole joint. 6 hits at 50% effort will smoke just as much as 3 hits at 100% effort.
It is not going to be exact like that.

Quote:
The length of time you hold it in doesn't matter because 98% of the THC is absorbed into your lungs in the first few seconds. The only thing holding it in does is hurt your lungs from the smoke more.
That's still plenty of space for error.

Quote:
Smoke spilled off the joint is minimal and there is no stale smoke/weed left on a joint with a filler in the end.
It doesn't matter if it's minimal, it's still far less accurate than a swallowed pill.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:56 PM #7
minime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Reincarnated
Name an FDA approved drug that is smoked.

The FDA is controlled by the government and Bush (along with anyone else that opposes marijuana) will do anything possible to keep it from being moved to a Schedule II substance.

I can however name a drug that is smoked that has been approved, prescribed, and supplied to users by the federal government (so it was probably approved by the FDA at one point in time). You ready for this?

Marijuana. And to this day there are a handful of users that are receiving marijuana in the mail from the federal government.

It doesn't matter if the exact dosage cannot be administered because you cannot overdose on it and it has proven to be effective. Why take away a drug that has been proven to improve the state of living of many people that suffer from several different illnesses?

Flex 7 F/S

Last edited by minime : 04-26-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:45 AM #8
$PJ$ (Banned)
Northern Ballers Prez

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
I may be wrong but I believe the prescribed doses currently are state, not federal.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:52 AM #9
sutcivnI (Banned)

Actually I think minime's right, there are some people in the country who do receive "pot allowances" from the federal government for various illnesses, but they are few and far between.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:08 PM #10
minime

Invictus is correct. About a decade ago ~10 people were given prescriptions and supplied marijuana from the federal government. A few have died but there are still a handful left that are receiving marijuana in the mail every month from the federal government.

The state issued prescriptions don't even supply you with marijuana. they just give you a card allowing you to go into a marijuana club and buy your own legally (under state laws only, which is a huge problem).

It is absolutely rediculous that the federal government will supply the medicine that people need to a select few and not only deny it to everyone else in the country but also to prosecute the ones that are acting legally under their state's laws. How is this a free country again?

Flex 7 F/S

Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM #11
$PJ$ (Banned)
Northern Ballers Prez

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
It is not a free country.

Freedom is an illusion. Always has been. It is nothing more than a rally cry.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM #12
minime

Exactly. Until we get a president that supports marijuana it isn't becoming legal. That is the sole reason I voted for Kerry. I was Bush all the way until I heard Kerry's stance on marijuana legislation.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 PM #13
Oconnore
mmm Frogs

It's a mixed bag as far as I am concerned.

Marijuana certainly isn't harmless, but I also don't think the massive amounts of money going into it's prohibition pay off.

I haven't really made a decision yet...
Old 04-27-2006, 04:38 PM #14
sutcivnI (Banned)

Quote:
Exactly. Until we get a president that supports marijuana it isn't becoming legal. That is the sole reason I voted for Kerry. I was Bush all the way until I heard Kerry's stance on marijuana legislation.
I don't think that voting for a candidate based on one topic, especially one as petty as drug legalization, is very responsible, but that's just my opinion.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:23 PM #15
evilomen17 (Banned)
UN-DEAD

Especially since the president only sets the agenda, not passes the legislation. There are 535 people in the capitol you have to get it past first, not to mention their constituents.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:20 PM #16
minime

Quote:
I don't think that voting for a candidate based on one topic, especially one as petty as drug legalization, is very responsible, but that's just my opinion.

And that's your opinion and that's why you don't vote for me. Thank you.

Flex 7 F/S

Old 04-28-2006, 01:29 PM #17
Stawlker

Stawlker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
rofl

The government shouldn't have any control of what I do to my body. Period. It should be legalized.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:34 PM #18
Stawlker

Stawlker is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by $PJ$
It is not a free country.

Freedom is an illusion. Always has been. It is nothing more than a rally cry.
So what are we then???
Old 04-28-2006, 04:28 PM #19
Eulogy (Banned)
batter

I dont see what the big deal with marijuana is. Its only yourself you are hurting. People need to start being responsible for themselves. Its pathetic. If i want to smoke weed or whatever I should be able to.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:33 PM #20
-FronTMaN1022-
EastKoastFinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stawlker
rofl

The government shouldn't have any control of what I do to my body. Period. It should be legalized.
I'm sorry, but I can't see that arguement holding any weight. Although I am pro legalization, I couldn't see myself using that as point. I know way too many people who, if given the chance, would ruin their lives on drugs. The fact that its not easy to get harder drugs, and the prices they can charge for them, keeps them off it. If it was legalized, I would give it a year and the drug problem would skyrocket. Normal people would turn into addicts.

Edit- The government also doesn't have total control over your body. You want to pierce it beyond recognition? Go ahead. Want to cover yourself in tatoos? Have fun. But once you allow free reign on drug use, it won't just effect the person using, it will effect his/her family, the people close to him/her, and the people they would scheme/rob to feed their habit. It's not longer just your body, it's the family of the father abandoned to pursue his habit. It's the children of junkies who don't know who their parents are, because they were taken by social services for unsafe conditions. Drug abuse effects more than just the user.

EDIT AGAIN- Pot isn't one of those drugs, btw. If you can't quit weed than you were doomed from birth.

Broke KREW

Feedback

Last edited by -FronTMaN1022- : 04-28-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:55 PM #21
MadPSIence
umad ^_^

You people are stupid. There's a ton of things that do a better job than "medicinal" pot. You hippies just want to get high.

I've noticed most of the people rallying to make it available are a) washed up politicians desperate for a backing.. or b) grunge looking hippies.

Someone in 2 sentences or less tell me why exactly marijuana and marijuauna alone should be used for any one medical application whereas nothing else should?

Go get baked and sleep on it.