Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-14-2002, 09:21 PM #1
stackattack81

has been a member for 10 years
help asap please

ok here's the problem

i have a 2k1 ff ac and i have a crossfire tank(88/4500 set at an output of 450) it seems that i do not have enough pressure to get the balls to go atleast 230 fps. i brought it to my shop and they said that the timing was way off..........is this the reason for not enought pressure?

thanx a lot

matt
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2002, 10:57 PM #2
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

It could be timing, or it could be that your tank is set too low. You really need 500-600 going into the reg for your free flow. 450 is jsut starving the reg. There is always the question of what did you do before it started doing this?

Irish

Powerlyte Dealer~Inquire Within

Endless Paintball
Timing Your Marker~~~Efficiency Article~~~Scepter Barrel Kit Review~~~WGP Orracle Review
Old 11-14-2002, 11:22 PM #3
kreno

kreno is a Supporting Member
I agree, it's probably a combination of timing and your input pressure. Trade your 450 output for a 800... You'll get a lot less drop off...
Old 11-15-2002, 09:52 PM #4
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
Since FF cocker's run at about 300psi, I doubt the tank is the problem. Even if it has an out-put of 450, that would lead to shoot down, not a lack of velocity for every shot.

Best guess, the in-line reg is set either to high, or too low. To sweet spot the reg, go here.
To learn how to time your cocker, go here.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:19 PM #5
Ov3rmind
Banned

vantrepes, the reason 450 psi would be a problem, is because the inline reg would require more than that to feed 300psi into the gun reliably. The reg needs a little more input pressure than it's output pressure, or else you'll be starving it.

I doubt it's the tank still. That tank/reg combo could cause some dropoff, but not velocity that severly low. I'd suggest getting an 800psi output tank still, but you may want to look elsewhere for your velocity problems.

Have the gun timed by someone who you can trust first, If it still isn't getting the desired velocity, try a heavier main spring.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:16 AM #6
milf350

FreeFlow's run at 340-360 psi optimally. If after you've sweetspotted and it's still low try a harder mainspring.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 11-16-2002, 12:21 AM #7
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by vantrepes
[b]Since FF cocker's run at about 300psi, I doubt the tank is the problem. Even if it has an out-put of 450, that would lead to shoot down, not a lack of velocity for every shot.
As long as the input pressure is above the output pressure of the reg, it will give a consistent output IF it is given enough time between dump and recharging. The closer the input and output are, the longer it will take for the chamber to be brought up to pressure.
As I said, the 450psi output might cause a problem with shoot down, but it would not cause each and every shot to be low.