PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2006, 01:15 PM #1
johnnyboi
whotie whoo

Making The Snake????

I'm a newb obviously. But i often have problems making the snake. It's not that i'm exactly slow but i ushually get laned. Should i just come at the snake from a different angle? Or should i stop a bunker short and then play my way to it? What r u thought?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2006, 01:22 PM #2
superwaffleman2
Charlies in the trees!!11

Run like hell and have at leaast one guy covering you off the break.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:18 PM #3
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
depends on how far the snake is. if its a good distance away stop at a bunker for a second or 2 then bump. take a different route to the snake useing a buker as a lane blocker. run lower to the ground and slide in. alot depends on teh field lay out and how the other team plays. if they are determined that you are not getting into the snake and ahve two guns up on the snake you are not getting in PERIOD also if the snake in on the 40 and there isnt a bunker between you and the snake you are probably dead too. walk the field and know the set up you most likely will not beable to run through a lane.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 PM #4
Tyler379

One thing that I think is very helpful in getting to any bunker is knowing what bunkers will give you cover. For instance, instead of going straight there, it will pay to take a route that goes behind a few bunkers even if it adds a couple more seconds. Taking a rounded path also helps a lot. Instead of running in a straight line, run in a curved path. You are WAY harder to hit when running on a curve compared to running on a line.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:12 AM #5
TXpbpointman07

i also noticed that sometimes you dont have to make it all the way to the snake... like Tyler379 said take a circular route and you can dive to the ground way before you get to the snake and actually us it for cover and crawl the rest. and a mistake i see some people make is they jump up as there running and going into a dive to get an extra foot or two when thats only giving the guy shooting a few extra secs. to pop you, drive down and straight towards the snake. Off the break stare at the snake and dont take your eyes off until you get there. Run faster then the paintballs

BUY MY DYNASTY

NICE gear f/s
Old 05-16-2006, 08:51 PM #6
snakework (Banned)
Eltit Resu Motsuc

just do what i do, forget about shooting and laning off the break..

duck your head down and book it fast and low, sliding is what makes or breaks you.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:36 PM #7
shockerplayer23432

shockerplayer23432 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Before the game, take a few paintballs that are on the ground, walk the field, and at a certain point, find a spot where you can stop running sideways, and pop all of them onto the ground at that one spot. then, in the game, run straight sideways to that spot, then run straight up to the snake, and dive headfirst...I did almost the same thing at a tourny in the semis and the game was over within 15 seconds...it works great
Old 05-16-2006, 10:27 PM #8
Shoot.Kill.Win
Turf Talk

PCuGhost Tips

The snake, the slimy, crawling thing that strikes fear into the hearts of women, children, and paintball players alike. The number of desperate calls that echo off the field of "He's in the snake, He's in the snake" are an illusive chant for survival...what makes the snake so feared And how do you become that feared thing?

The snake is prolly the hardest bunker to play on the field. You are blind, on your belly or back, can't talk, and can't see what is around the next turn. But played right it is the most powerful bunker on the field. The snake gives a player the ability to move across a good majority of field without being noticed. When he finally does pop out he has the entire otehr team at his mercy...and it's vicious. Here is the step by step:

Before the game: Walk the snake, from the snake there are a lot of blind shots (Where you shoot not seeing your target but knowing your shots are hitting where he will be standing), there are also a lot of places that give you good cover from part of the field, while leaving other parts open for your pickings. Also, find out what is at the end of the snake, and what bunker is the "Snake killer", alsmot every field has one bunker that can destroy anyone gettng into that snake.

Off the break: If someone is going to that snake killer spot, stay away from the snake. Have your entire team focus on him, Get him out of there. Once he is gone it's a free ride in. I would suggest a dive to get in, just watch that you don't clog your barrel with grass.

Once in the snake: Make your way along the turns. You must be VERY observant here...is that gun fire coming from the next turn in the snake? Is there a shadow of a figure? Is your back player screaming to you that the snake is hot? Once you have taken out your opposition it is your time to shine.

Coming out: NEVER, EVER, EVER come out of the same place twice. I have been known to make my way all the way back to the head of the snake before poping out again. If you come out of the the same place twice...you will die. Also, you are blind in the snake, so it is VERY important that your back player be giving you constant information on your next target. Treat it like he's calling in fire support. "Center lay down, comeing out the right side...NOW" From there is it the backs job to lock everyone in while you send him a one way ticket to the dead box.

Get cumfy: The snake is the most commonly bunkered position. Most teams want that snake clean, like yesterday...to prevent this you need two things. First is your own snake killer. He needs to watch out for people coming over the top to get you. This is also a very important reason to always change notches. Second you need to press your body as close to the wall of the snake as you can. Practice shooting with only one hand, and very important, practice shooting with only your off hand. When you get in there, and the paint starts to fly, you have very little time to get into a good position. You usally just play it as you lie...like a human pretzel.

SQUEEGIE!: The worst feeling in the world is being folded into a pretzel, being hammered to peices and breaking a ball. Play a paintball video in slow potion of a pro going into a snake...see something interesting? He prolly has 4 squeegies on him. One in each pocket. The reasoning for this is that you can be in any position and still get yourself a swab.

Unfortunatly it would take weeks worth of reading to know all the secrets of the snake. It is a very dangerous animal, both for you and against you. But in the right hands it is the best bunker on the field. Once again Practice, Practice, Practice. Play a day of nothing but doing the snake. Watch other players play the snake, and you too wil one day be "A snake charmer"
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 PM #9
kamrynd

right off the break, sprint to the snake and dive into it. make sure you have one of your back teammates shootin some lanes towards those "snake killer" spots on your field and while in the snake make sure you don't come out at the same place twice (as said plenty of times but is very important). While in the snake try snap shooting from the different corners of the snake to see if you can find a snake killer. hope that helps.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:19 PM #10
dynastyp8ntb
Baller 4 Life

ya have one of ur guys shoot at the guy on the other team whos trying to lane u. or just stop a bunker short and shoot the opposing team into their bunkers and haul. just try delaying it.
Feedback (+1/-0)
Old 06-01-2006, 12:11 AM #11
Mr.Dirt

Mr.Dirt is reppin' sidebar 4 life
usually, ill run behind and past the bunker directly behind it then into the snake

WTB MQ Valve Urethane dot's
Old 06-05-2006, 04:13 PM #12
Kimara

has been a member for 10 years
Check what paint the other team are shooting

If its cheap paint you probly can get away with a few bounces!!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 PM #13
skeelo9
Cory Owns

what i do.. and im a big ole fat guy whos pretty slow... but not to slow to play mid to front... what i do is ill sprint to a bunker thats just inside of snake almost even with the head of hte snake.. take a few snaps from there and then its very easy to make a quick slide across the feild into the snake .... what ill usually do is head check.. get my gun up and start rolling it .. and make sure im clear.. and just make a dive for the head of the snake.. and a key thing is if u can dont stop at the head of hte snake.. .move waaayyyyy up to the other teams fourty.. and just rip them from there... after a few more weeks of playing the snake.. it should come easy for u... good luck!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post38164468
VVold feedbackVV
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post30023768