PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-04-2006, 01:50 PM #1
*R0Nn13* (Banned)
Paintball is my Anti-Drug

RecBaller here, How do I get Better?

Hi everyone, I've been playing paintball for almost 2 years now. I used to do woodsball and stuff but now I hate it and I love speedball. Usually when my friend and I go to play at our local field (Hollywood Sports) we play speedball with people at our level.

I have a ProMaster and he has an 05 Proto. So we played 2 on 2 with some guys that had Timmies and they were pretty good. We lost the first game but we played again and we won. After the second game was over a guy on the other team asked me, "Do you wanna play one on one?" And I said "No thanks, I already know you're better than me." And his friend said "Just do it, it will make you better." So I said "Ok, I'll play." And we played and he shot me im the leg.

So then we went to go play X-Ball. Usually there's players from a team sponsored by Hollywood Sports that have Ego's and Shocker's and you know. So one of them asked me if I wanted to play and I said "Sure." and my friend was like "I'll sit out." So right off the break I run to the dorito and start shooting down my tape, then I looked at the snake and there was a guy in it. I started shooting at him and he ducked and some other people kept him pinned while I looked for other players and before you know it "Bam!" I get like 5 balls in my back and I start walking off and then I get 5 more balls to my side while walking off! I was really pissed and now I don't play with them anymore. So my main question is, how is getting bonus balled making me better?

And also when I play with people that shoot alot of paint really fast I kinda get scared and hide behind my bunker and I can't do anything. I snap out and like 10 balls fly at my face. What can I do about this?

Sorry for such a long long post, this is probably the longest thread I've posted yet. So please just give me some advice and help me out. Thanks alot for your time

Ronnie
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2006, 05:58 PM #2
sneakyweasel
azn

Annual Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is a Supporting Member
sneakyweasel is an NCPA player
sneakyweasel plays in the APPA D5 division
well first of all one time does not make you better and also you need someone to tell you what you did wrong and help you figure out what to do next time. taking 4 or 5 balls isnt overshooting if you are playing psp which xball is. the 5 after could have been another player who didnt kno you were out yet sometime you just see a body and shoot at it. if you were walking across the field it might have just been an unlucky lane that you ended up running into. as far as being scared of the mass amounts of paint coming at you that will pass in time.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:29 PM #3
paintballdudecm

paintballdudecm owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballdudecm is reppin' sidebar 4 life
head check without taking your gun out and talk to your back players and tell them whos got you pinned down. that should give you an oppurtinuity to come out and post on them then shoot them in the face. keep playing with the better teams if you want to improve and getting bonus balled is a part of speedball.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 PM #4
XKE

has been a member for 10 years
its paintball, theres lots of markers, shooting lots of paint, you should expect to get bonus balled whenever you leave the field, its just part of the game.

James Butts fan club #1-100
Old 06-05-2006, 12:22 AM #5
dynastyp8ntb
Baller 4 Life

ya just talk to ur back players after doing headchecks. listen to paintballdudecm. theyl help pin down the other team's players so u can post on them and mow their faces off. lol. for getting bonus balled, try not getting shot out as much i guess and when u do just duck down and make urself a smaller target or just haul off the field before people have time to shoot u. wave ur hand in the air when u get hit and theyll see. the reffs are kind of part of the blame for bonus balling. they should be telling them to let u off without lighting u up.
Feedback (+1/-0)
Old 06-05-2006, 12:21 PM #6
Benjammin822
burp

play with people better than you. whenever our team has the chance, we play with division two and pro teams (ultimate and ultimate kidz). we get killed, but it helps us a lot.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 PM #7
*R0Nn13* (Banned)
Paintball is my Anti-Drug

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.