PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-13-2002, 10:37 PM #1
Tavo
Team Mantis, Puerto Rico

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Red loctied Rock knob.How do I loosen it up?

For you cocker tinkerers how can I loose my rock knob since it is now Red Loctied? I tried it heating it with a lighter but only for like 5 secs since my Eblade's 5-way stands really close to the reg and I dont want heat to get to it and damage it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ps.Cant get the rock out since the nipple is red loctied also and I need to get that off to take it off.I know...am screwed.

My Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148304
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2002, 11:03 PM #2
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
With red loctite you don't get it off. The solution for you is break off the nipple and take off rock, throw rock out of window then buy a new one. As simple as that. heh

But seriously the red stuff is gonna take some major heating and you will definatly need a wrench on the knob, yes you will scratch it. Whatever you do don't use red. Ya I know you have an electronic frame and things will vibrate loose, but there is always loctite with a lesser strength.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:09 PM #3
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

can you take off the solenoid first? THen remove the reg, then bath it in scalding water? Sounds like a plan of action to me. Otherwise just keep working on the nipple, to get that off so the whole thing can be removed.

Irish

Powerlyte Dealer~Inquire Within

Endless Paintball
Timing Your Marker~~~Efficiency Article~~~Scepter Barrel Kit Review~~~WGP Orracle Review
Old 11-13-2002, 11:37 PM #4
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I don't think the scalding water will do anything. It can only get so hot before it starts to turn into steam...and the fire would be hotter then the water.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:37 PM #5
Tavo
Team Mantis, Puerto Rico

I didn't know Red Loctite was so hard to take out until it was too late (first time for everything).Sean from KAPP told me to put a lighter on it for 30secs (it breaks the bond at around 450 degrees) so I'll maybe try that and start using BLUE Loctite from now on . As for taking the nipple off the 5-way solenoid is most in the way so its almost impossible to take it off.But I'll try heating it and see what happens.Thanks for all the help.I've learned my lesson.

My Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148304
Old 11-13-2002, 11:44 PM #6
Knick Knack
Endless Paintball

Water works better than just heat, because locktite is sugar based, so it disolves it too. Trust me, hot water is much better than fire.

Irish

Powerlyte Dealer~Inquire Within

Endless Paintball
Timing Your Marker~~~Efficiency Article~~~Scepter Barrel Kit Review~~~WGP Orracle Review
Old 11-14-2002, 04:56 AM #7
slowcode
No,your mom eats cat poop

I'm sorry but that was the best laugh i had tonight...

Don't lock tight the knob on. If it is loose try this trick. Put a dab on the knob.. off of the reg. I do mean a dab. Let it completely dry before screwing it back on. The dried lock tite will have some resistance then and wont back off.

Be aware that you may have to heat the reg up so much that you warp the chamber or damage a seal. Just a thought.
Old 11-17-2002, 04:03 PM #8
taliesian
Murdock Devil Dogs KS

some advice

dissamble front block remove ram and your 5 way, remove front block from gun. take your front block put it in a table vise out in your garage, but first wrap your front block extremly well(I prefer a good thick sock) put a heat lamp on the assembly for 10-15 min. Take a wrench place on the back end of rock(like you were going to remove it) brace it and secure it, now get out a pair of vice grips lock them as tight as you can on the knob, take a hammer tap the vise grips, gradually tapping harder(viberation is the goal) then strike very hard, should destroy lock tight. I have never had this problem but have removed lots of red lock tighted rams, 3 ways and regulators from the front block in this manner.

let me know if I can be of further assistance