Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-13-2002, 02:34 PM #1
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Illusion suggestion

The back block. With the autococker, you have that ram. You can align the BB up so it's a fraction of a mm away. So you get no back block click clack, click clack.

However, with the Illusion, you pump and there's this loud metal on metal clack.

Do you guys plan on improving on this? I mean half the reason I love pump besides it's cheaper to play and lower profile, is that most pumps I've used end up being a bit quieter. The stealth I can use is very helpful, and a metal clack wouldn't be beneficial.

If I can suggest, that you guys install a thin slab or rubber on the back of the body. So when the back block collides the rubber will soften the blow and deaden the noise. Plus you can get rubber pretty slim, and it works better than cloth like felt.

Now for the autotrigger. I don't want you to give away your secret, but I am curious. Is it going to be different than Sniper autotriggers with that damn rod sticking out the side and connected to the cocking rod?

Another suggestion. Lexan. Mill some thin aluminum sleeves, this is what the internals would move inside of. This would be light weight, but also easily bendable if dropped. So to then make a lexan outer shell. The metal won't wear, it'll be more consistent than plastic, yet will have the light weightness of a plastic marker. Not to mention Lexan is extremely durable.

And possibly even having half the top back area where the bolt is completely removed. That's all just excess wasted weight, as long as there is enough metal there for where the O-ring seals, the rest can be cut out. I'll look around for a pic to give an idea if this one sounds confusing.
However, this part isn't really necessary. Since most people also crawl with pumps, and this wouldn't be very good since dirt can get inside easier.

What would be the possibility of having something like that produced?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2002, 11:58 AM #2
Finnigan

has been a member for 10 years
I have some questions as well. It seems to me that a good deal of thought and effort was put into desiging the Illusion to be as good as it can be, otherwise it wouldn't have the efficiency it seems to have.

I was wondering, in designing the marker, did you ever conside returning the design to a rimfire design to shorten the marker overall AND shorten the propellant path?

I would also like to know if the back block clack is being addressed, and if AM is planning on marketing barrels in different bores?