PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2006, 06:25 PM #1
Commando22

has been a member for 10 years
05 Interceptor/06 Remains vs Legend

the vs thread is closed but i want to get a new gun as soon as i sell the one i have now. i have been looking at the interceptor and the remains for a while but i think the remains might be a little outside my budget. anyway what do you think about these two (05 interceptor and the legend). i have some pros or cons but i still dont know:

Interceptor
pros- sweep technology, great customer service, cool factor (cause of the limited # of 05 ceptors), light, 85 frame
cons- slightly older gun, had minimal and easily fixable promblems in some cases, not much video of ceptors to see what they can do, im on the east coast in NC and i highly doubt i would be able to shoot one before i buy it.

Legend
pros- extreme efficiancy, what seems to be very little kick, light, no lpr to mess with
cons- not quite out yet so i would probably have to wait longer to make sure there isnt really any bugs in them, grips/frame maybe, will not come with cp reg and proto barrel as shown right now, i also doubt i would be able to shoot this before i buy it.

lets hear what you guys have to say and maybe you can help me out

MYSPACE.....check it out
Commando22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2006, 06:31 PM #2
DarkTamer
Reaganomics!

You forgot the fact that Legends is also $150 more.

jdev taught me that."

Lava Sniper 2 For sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post63728244
DarkTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:46 PM #3
Commando22

o yeh that too but its also 150 less than a remains but your right the interceptor is less expensive

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 04-22-2006, 07:04 PM #4
ikey

and it is spring return isnt it? that doesnt impress me. it cost more. what is the deal with these things? its spring return, no lpr.....so basically is a gun from a no name company that is basically like a really sweet BKO. yeah likei really wanna blow 750 on that. until proven otherwise, i have no respect for those guns. get teh alien (yes ive seen the videos, am i the only one to realize pretty much any gun made today can do that? shooting really really fast doesnt mean the gun is sweet)
Old 04-22-2006, 08:43 PM #5
dirtjumpcali

tough call ive shoot aliens and ive shot the legend as a matter of fact i can shoot one if i wanna drive liek 10 min to warped, i have to say after talking to jingle (pretty mcuh the guy who made it) the legend has alot of stuff to it, has a nice feel for a 45 frame no kick really, prettey accurate cant really say if the alien is more accurate tho, both have a lil diff feel, for me the 85 frame on the alien really won my heart but the efficiency on the legend realy had me, as a fornt , and back palyer its nice to be able to use a 68/45 tank and get over 11 pods of and still have air, in costomer service i have to say both have excelet service, well for me at least lol warped always made miracles and made my stuff work, alien i hear is really good, both are small companies so thats really cool, better service easier to reach and more hands down help for us costumers

sry for spelling im typing amazingly fast cus i just drank 3 monsters hah
ContractKiller member-#99
SoCalHitmen member#42

Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1453092
dirtjumpcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:48 PM #6
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
Man look at it this way... legend is a expensive bko.. the fact that it isnt as blind as a bat is a good thing..
team_Static_Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:44 PM #7
Commando22

yeh i think im leaning twords the alien but the legend may seem like an overpriced bko but its more than that. haha it will be kinda kool being one of the only if not the only guy in cfoa rocking an alien. anyway yeh. grrrr now i want money to get it sooner ....i also wish i could shoot both of these

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 04-22-2006, 10:17 PM #8
team_Static_Age

Yeah moneys not really an issue for me. Borg is sold so now i got me a ion but its worth it and im going to get me a new interceptor with a ccm carbon fiber kit
Old 04-23-2006, 08:06 AM #9
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
so basically is a gun from a no name company

Quote:
Originally Posted by autto-mattick
Warped Sportz LA owner created and owns this company. They are based out of....you guessed it, LA.
not quite a no-name.

besides, what exactly is so bad about spring returned. it makes for a less complicated design with fewer things to go wrong (if it is of quality build), and if it has light internals and the spring is of an optimal strength, the diffence should be impossible to notice between a spring returned and an air returned gun. in many cases, spring returned/aided is faster.

as for the vs part of this thread, not many people have shot this gun, so i think it is too early to tell. the interceptor is going to have a price advantage on the legend, and the legend only has one moving o-ring, which hopefully means less o-ring problems. but as for the rest, its too early to tell.

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 04-23-2006 at 08:09 AM.
TheDRulesAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:03 AM #10
thegear
Truck the USCG

thegear is a Supporting Member
thegear is a founding member
thegear supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando22
yeh i think im leaning twords the alien but the legend may seem like an overpriced bko but its more than that. haha it will be kinda kool being one of the only if not the only guy in cfoa rocking an alien. anyway yeh. grrrr now i want money to get it sooner ....i also wish i could shoot both of these
Not the only in the CFOA but the few Had one for a month. They are good guns. Except for the noid problem but thats being taking care of, the 85 is super nice and makes it so your not fighting your gun.

If you still havent shot one by CFOA come and find Jax Intensity I will let you put a few rounds through it.

The Gear
TL-Hawaii's First Xball team
[url]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?
thegear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:44 PM #11
Heimdall (Banned)
tacos are tasty

The Legend is a Diablo Wrath with an extra spring. It's not bad, but it's not worth what they're charging for it.
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:10 PM #12
ecart96
your killing ** smalls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall
The Legend is a Diablo Wrath with an extra spring. It's not bad, but it's not worth what they're charging for it.
its defintly more than a wrath, i mean when was the last time you have seen a wrath hit like 100 cycles per second and get 12 pods out of a 68/45. plus i think the legend has alot better looks than the interceptor if you care about that, also idk if you have seen the videos out of how fast that thing is wow here is the link, http://www.center50.com/videos/Legen...tinky%20v4.wmv,plus i wouldnt worry about the boards in either guns giving you a problem cause they are both WAS and are really customizable and work great.plus if HK uses them and says there good they must be. I would say legend if you have the extra money and dont mind waiting becasue i think it will be worth it. good luck chosing
Thomas Taylor fan club #17

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post71297569
^^^^ GEAR BAG SALE^^^^^
SFT SHOCKER $120.00
ION W/ FREAK $100.00
MUCH MUCH MORE
ecart96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:21 PM #13
Commando22

yup i have seen the vids and done my fair share of homework on both guns. like i said i am probably going with the interceptor unless legend decides to drop the price of their gun 100 bucks

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 04-23-2006, 08:22 PM #14
team_Static_Age

In my opinion just because the hk peoples say its a good gun doesnt mean crap. Certain teams said bko's were good are they not really. Canes say the aliens are great guns but do we trust hearsay no. We need to go out and shoot these guns for ourselves. I know the feel of the ceptor is great price is great too. As far as ups there are a couple. The legend will probably have a lot more upgrades just because it is made by warped sports and certain companys have been making certain things for warped sports for a long time.

Basically everything comes down to preference go out and shoot both guns. In my opinion the fact it is spring return is a major down for the legend, also the fact its used by hk. HAH. But anyways i love ceptors and the legend is fast but we have only seen proto types wait till they hit the market.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:27 PM #15
Commando22

yup but like i said its really hard to get ahold of those guns over here, but thanx to gear i will probably to able to shoot a ceptor soon

MYSPACE.....check it out

Last edited by Commando22 : 04-23-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM #16
Heimdall (Banned)
tacos are tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecart96
its defintly more than a wrath, i mean when was the last time you have seen a wrath hit like 100 cycles per second and get 12 pods out of a 68/45. plus i think the legend has alot better looks than the interceptor if you care about that, also idk if you have seen the videos out of how fast that thing is wow here is the link, http://www.center50.com/videos/Legen...tinky%20v4.wmv,plus i wouldnt worry about the boards in either guns giving you a problem cause they are both WAS and are really customizable and work great.plus if HK uses them and says there good they must be. I would say legend if you have the extra money and dont mind waiting becasue i think it will be worth it. good luck chosing

Hate to say it man, but internally, the Legend is identical to the Wrath, except it has an extra spring. Other than that, they're functionally identical.

Also, if HK uses them, that's all the more reason NOT to buy one.
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:43 PM #17
team_Static_Age

Did you guys notice that when he was shooting a lot of the balls hit the car wash?
Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 PM #18
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecart96
plus if HK uses them and says there good they must be.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 PM #19
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Yeah, the legend is decent, but I trust a Pro teams work over a lower division teams word about guns. They're nice and all, but i'd rather an interceptor.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Eternal Acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:11 PM #20
Commando22

yeh. now i just need to know if thegear will be at cfoa this weekend watching or not

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 PM #21
Carnagge

Im not sold on the legends, i've looked at them, but Alien is very new. Something about the canes using them and the fact that XSV NRG used them too... Makes me think i'd go Alien over Legend.

Problem is I cant find either one of thse to shoot first hand

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote