PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 PM #1
xIrishx
Bono Saves Africa

has been a member for 10 years
Another "What upgrades for my Ion thread" (opinions needed!)

Hey guys. I've been putting a lot of work in at my job and have hoarded enough money for some serious upgrades. I plan on spending (initially) about $300. I've done some homework and have figured out the basics. Here's a list of the upgrades I want (and which specific makes). What I'm hoping--if it's not too much trouble--is that you guys can either confirm my choices or point me in the right direction. Here's what I'm thinking right now:

QEV
I'm thinking the 360 Qev will do the trick.

Trigger
Roller Trigger

ASA
Shocktech Dovetail ASA. Kind of hung up on this one, because I'm not sure if I want this or if a CP ASA Rail On/Off would work better.

Barrel
I'm kind of lost on this one. I'm thinking I need a barrel kit, but I'm really unsure as to which one. Freak kit has good reviews, and that's what I figured I'd originally get, but now I'm seriously considering an Evil Pipe kit. What do you guys think?

Feedneck
Q-Lock

I was also considering getting some gloves, a jersey, knee/elbow pads, and maybe slider shorts. I'm not sure how these would rank in importance though (compared to the gun upgrades).

I've also got one last question. It's a stupid question about barrel kits:

The Evil Pipe system. It says it comes with 5 backs, all 6in in length. Now, I think the kit comes with a front, so my questions are 1) What front barrel is it exactly? 2) If I get say, a 14in Front, plus a 6in back, does that make the barrel 20in? Sorry for the dumb question.

Any input would be really, really appreciated. Thanks guys.
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 PM #2
crazyionfreak23 (Banned)

get the l6 Bolt!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 PM #3
smoggwmr

on barrel kits, it's the combined length of front and back ie: 6 inch back + 8 inch front = 14 inch barrel.
As for ups in general its all personal preferance get the parts you want period.
If you play air ball, jersey,pants pads,gloves, ect = good idea.
again, with this gear as well, get the stuff you like that fits your budget.
hope this helps

edit: cp barrel kits and J&J kits are nice as well. i'm all about bang for the buck more than looks though.

Last edited by smoggwmr : 04-19-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 PM #4
bratboy92 (Banned)

14 inch total
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 PM #5
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Im really liking the J&J Elite kit for $77 http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/in... ucts_id=2982

Get the Firebolt imo.

I don't know how much you are willing to spend but Lucky Stages 2&3 are a good buy also. You will have to buy stage 3 off of somone though because it is sold out until mid-may. www.lucky-paintball.com

Last edited by Kolder : 04-19-2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:05 PM #6
Crespo
Ion User

QEV is a good choice, Violent Products Scythe(only if the trigger you want is a CP), any ASA will do fine, I have a Q-lock and love it. As for the gear, I would get gun upgrades before jerseys and stuff. If you have camo, just play in that for now, that's what I'm doing.
Red Smarts Parts Ion | Black Element V2 Batch 1 | Black Violent Products Scythe Trigger | Black CP Pro Two Piece Barrel | Red Q-Lock | Smart Parts 360 QEV | Kila Products Orange Detents | Black DOP 2522 Bullet Drop | Red Halo B w/ V35 and Rip Drive | Air America 68/4500 Screw N'

My Feedback: +2/-0.
Closed Thread