PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-19-2006, 07:28 PM #1
nyhl
NYLE IS MY NEW USERNAME!!

The Official TechtL6 and Orange Nano Review

This review is a collaborative effort between me (own an L6), 2 Xist (owns a Nano), and YouGotOwned (owns Firebolt).
All pictures taken by either nyhl, 2 Xist, or YouGotOwned.

First Impressions

Well, when first receiving the bolt, it comes in a nice plastic box with some pretty basic instructions on the back of the box. After opening the box, and holding the bolt for a few minutes, you notice how light this bolt is, and quite frankly, I was impressed.

After removing my stock bolt from my gun, I immediately felt a huge weight difference between the two bolts, and the L6 is around 50-52% lighter than the stock bolt.

After taking around 5 pictures of this bolt, I decided to get it in the gun and start test firing it.

Testing

Let me just begin by saying that you must put a lot of lube on this bolt to get it going. Just put more than you see on the stock bolt, and more than you think necessary.

Once I had the bolt in the marker, I set my dwell down to 7 (could definitely go lower), and put my regulator input pressure at 120. After I turned on my air, and started dry firing this, I was very impressed.
My gun had absolutely no kick, and on top of that, it seemed quieter than the stock bolt.
Finally, after firing around 100 shots of dryfire, I decided to get some paint, and actually test this out. The L6 makes the gun shoot like a shocker, you feel a slight vibration when shooting the gun... it was the most fun I have ever had shooting paint at a target. Now, about efficiency, after around 400 paintballs and 100 dry fire shots (equivalent to around 200 shots with paint), I still had 2000 psi left in my tank, and before testing I had around 3500 psi left in my tank.
600shots = 1500psi
4500/1500 = 3
3 x 600 = 1800 spt (shots per tank)
I had taken these results out of my original review because I didn't think they were accurate enough. 1800 shots per tank sounded a bit high (although it's possible). I will have a more extensive test on Saturday, and will update this Saturday night.

I will make a video of me test firing the L6 on Sunday (tomorrow), I didn't have enough air after my day of paintballing on Saturday (today), so I'm gonna get it aired up tomorrow.

Field Performance
When I had arrived at the field, they only had the 3000psi fills available, so I was only able to fill my 68ci/4500psi tank up to 3000psi.
I had chronographed the gun at 285fps, 130 psi, dwell at 7, and recharge at 15. Once I got out for the first match, I couldn't wait to actually start firing gun and see how this runs. After I had started playing, this bolt shot like a dream. Every single bit and piece about the L6 was amazing. There was no such thing as kick, or recoil when feeling my gun shoot with the L6. Watching my opponents fall because of this, made it all much more worthwhile. This bolt is phenomenal.
After about 6 rounds, I had finally run out of air. Remember, my tank was only filled to 3000psi, and I had used 2 bags of paint and a full hopper of a Halo B (180rnd capacity). This adds up to about 1180 paintballs.

4500/3000 = 1.5
1180 x 1.5 = 1770 spt (shots per tank)

So, with these results, you can expect to get approximately 1700-1900 shots per tank, from a 68ci/4500psi nitro tank with the L6.

Conclusion
With amazing effeciency, no kick whatsoever, an extremely light bolt, and exceptional service from TechT. You simply can't get any better than this.

Without a doubt, one of, if not THE best bolt out there right now.
10/10

Pics
- - -

Note: This will be updated whenever necessary

----

O r a n g e - N a n o
by: Adrenaline_Junkie

This will be updated once 2 Xist finishes his review.

----

S P - F i r e b o l t
by: YouGotOwned

Click here to watch the video

So I got my Smart Parts Firebolt in the mail. It was amazing. It was so damn nice and light. Another PBN thread for the Firebolt said the bolt weighed a simple 16g, 0.5g less than the L6. I used 2 different scales, and both came out to roughly 16g. Tuesday, at school, if I can remember, I will take both bolts to chemistry class and ask to use one of those nice scales the teacher has. I will try to take pictures of it on the scale, so just wait till then.

So I slapped a good amount of Hater Sauce onto the bolt. I fine tuned my gun to 45 dwell, running at 160psi, and 280-290fps. I didn’t have any problem with drop off, or anything like that. What amazed me was how I adjusted the Firebolt to 20 dwell clicks from the bottom, and it still cycled. I don’t think it would of done me any good, because I could see paintballs descending quite early.

So here’s a list of upgrades and settings on my Ion: ( NOTE: I don’t have a qev.)
VP Scythe
Empire 16" 4 pc. kit
NDZ Detents
NDZ Autococker threaded breech
CCM No-Rise Feedneck
Smart Parts Firebolt
Dwell: 45
PSI: 160
FPS: 280ish

So now, I’m done worshiping this bolt. Some say this is a poor man’s bolt, but I wouldn’t say that.

PROS:
-Kick reduction. I had a terrible batch of stingers, and the kick increased accuracy, along with the barrel
-Efficiency. I saw 1500 shots to a 4000psi fill. Amazing for no qev. I didn’t expect this, but I guess I wasted money getting all day air. I filled my tank right as I got to my 4th bag. Expect 1600+ with a Stage 2 and 360 QEV.
-The weight reduction. Amazing. It’s feather-light, I could compare it to an almost-empty Dr. Pepper can.
-Looks. I love it. Looking into the breech when it fires is awesome. You just see this red flash.
-Noise change? My Ion sounded different, I cant explain it, get one for yourself
-If you haven’t already voided your warranty, the Firebolt will add on to it.
-No more concave face! I had a major problem with small paintballs rolling back to fit the face, allowing another ball to be force fed by my halo halfway in, causing ball breaks.
-GREAT PRICE. $40!

CONS:
-I’ve seen some pics, and even mine had this. Around the ribs, there was some anno scratches around the edge of the ribs. No problem. Just cosmetics, and you wont be seeing the bolt often.
-Anno wears off. I had the lube wiped off previously. And this time I just wiped it again. The first picture shows how much of the anno just came right off. Now my bolt front is a lighter red and has wear near the edges of the face. Maybe it's the same aluminum as the shocker's? Because my stock never wore....
-No performance flaws though.

Results with QEV___
Dwell: 25
PSI: 140
FPS: 260 +9/-9
Efficiency count: 10 pods + 2 halos= 1660ish shots. Pods were 140rd, and the halo usually was 3/4 full.

Overall, I’ll give this bolt a 8/10 because the anno came off and I found a couple other issues with it. Other than that, it’s amazing. I can compare it to a L6. I had mixed feelings about this bolt, being that it was sooooo cheap. I was wrong. It’s worth the money for sure if you cant afford the L6. However, if you have the money, go for the L6.

P.S. Don’t think that Smart Parts only paid for manufacturing costs. They hire real professional engineers, that work very hard on this. This costs a lot. So don’t be talking smack about Smart Parts. I thank Smart Parts for amazing me.

Pics
Pic of the worn off anno.

Pic of the firebolt
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
NYLEICE ION - PREVIEW!!!/WORK IN PROGRESS | Currently like this - LIVESTRONG ion

Last edited by nyhl : 05-21-2006 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM #2
TrIcKyLiTtLeKiWi
p@nt b@773r 4 l1f3

crackers

hey lemme know how that works out for you, i might buy one when i get some more money.
Philly american fan #199
www.actionvillage.com
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM #3
nyhl

Ok, I will keep you updated dude.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
NYLEICE ION - PREVIEW!!!/WORK IN PROGRESS | Currently like this - LIVESTRONG ion
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 PM #4
Bud Green
Lazy SOB

Not to crap on your review or anything but I see no mention of the Nano bolt.. Also, you havent fired any paint through the barrel with that bolt on. Don't you think that would be an important thing to do? I would have waited to post this "official" review until you had time to do a more thorough evaluation.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 PM #5
nyhl

Why don't you read what I have already posted about those issues, and then re-thin your post?

Read the full review, and you will understand

Also, I have shot paint through it, but not an effecient amount to post my results, which is why I didn't include it in the original post.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G

Last edited by nyhl : 04-19-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 PM #6
crazyionfreak23 (Banned)

nyhl I know you are going to love the L6, I've had mine for just about three weeks and it rocks. I did the same thing as far as the dry firing, and I was impressed by that alone. The big surprise was at he field. Soooo many shots, awesome groupings, and still so quiet. I'll give you some advice for this weekend- start with your dwell at 25 this gave me great consistency over the chrono. I set mine to to 25 and I am still getting about 1900-2000 shots on a 68/4500. As for the nano comment above- I don't mean to "crap" on the orage bolt but it's not worth mentioning. Been there done that- not impressed!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:32 PM #7
Bud Green
Lazy SOB

My point is that you don't have a FULL REVIEW.

I can understand being excited about your new bolt, but why not wait until you have everything... What's the urgency?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:42 PM #8
nyhl

Ok when I said "Full Review" I meant what I have so far... and the questions you asked were answered if you read everything I posted so far. This isn't a deal with me being excited and thinking "I have to post a review!" Coakley and I had already agreed to review the bolts as soon as we got them, and like most reviews, this one needs to be updated every so often. The update (with video) will be saturday night.

and crazyionfreak23, I have a 360 QEV, that's why my dwell is so low. This weekend, I'm going to an invitational field and plan on only getting one fill of nitro, to see how many shots I actually get from this. I will take 6000 rounds of paint with me just to be sure I have enough incase I have to retest a couple times, or if I have to lend some paint.
BTW: I have a 68ci/4500psi Max-Flo Manifold.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
Old 04-19-2006, 09:50 PM #9
2 Xist
stand your ground.

I will be able to add to the Nano Review if the Author lets me bc I too have this bolt.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 PM #10
nyhl

Ok, just PM me with your review (take your own pictures) and I'll post it in the main part.

This will mean we will have 2 reviews for the TechT L6 and Two for the Orange Nano. Condensed into one thread.

I reviewed the L6
2 Xist will review the Nano
and Coakley will review both.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
Old 04-20-2006, 05:00 PM #11
2 Xist
stand your ground.

Alright sweet. Il do it as soon as possible. might be a week or two.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:53 PM #12
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

Bud Green: if you read the full thread, and re-elaborate your post, you might sound a little smarter.

NYHL: thanks *******, i dont even have my ion yet and my list of ups keeps getting bigger, this being one of the ups. good review, i hope to hear more soon

EDIT: "list of ups" meaning list of things i want to get

ECArmy

Last edited by Kevin1990 : 04-20-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:04 PM #13
YouGotOwned

Crap. Got excited over efficiency numbers. I might end up to getting an L6 for the hell of it and sell the firebolt if I love it.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:05 PM #14
PaintFreak98

PaintFreak98 plays in the PSP
PaintFreak98 is an NCPA player
PaintFreak98 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lol I just bought one havn't gotten around to playing with it (no air).

2010 Alien Independence - White/Black/Slime Green

Gearbag Sale! Something for everyone! Guns, Gear, Cloths, Gun Parts, and MORE!

OLD FEEDBACK +16/-0
Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM #15
nyhl

lol thx Kevin, I will be field testing this out on saturday, and from the testing I've done so far, this bolt is incredibly effecient.

The update will be saturday night, stay tuned
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
Old 04-20-2006, 07:41 PM #16
Phoenixsc2
Killer.

Phoenixsc2 is a Supporting Member
This thread does not deliver...

"Originally posted by DyePaintballer2k11: Goddammit, I try to type coherently and with proper grammar for a while now, and I agree, what the **** did I say? I formally apologize. It's nofap December, ****s getting to me."
"Originally posted by d00d 1'm 4 h4Xz0r: It's December 1st :dodgy:"
"Originally posted by POHusKy9:
i havent looked at the date for over 2 weeks so in my mind when he said that i thought it was like december 7-14 or something
then i checked the date and rofl'ed top ramen everywhere"
Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 PM #17
nyhl

Just wait, I will have this review done on sat. night.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G
Old 04-20-2006, 09:38 PM #18
Bud Green
Lazy SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1990
Bud Green: if you read the full thread, and re-elaborate your post, you might sound a little smarter.
What makes you think that I didnt read his whole post? Who is the dumb one here? You're missing my point completely. I was done with this thread...

Maybe I can take a couple of pics of a new product and dry fire it a couple of times and call it a review. Then to top it off I can use a public forum to continually add to my rough draft of my review. Maybe by page 3 I could actually have some useful information.

This would be a much better alternative to actually spending some time compiling all of the information and posting a review when everything was complete.

To be quite honest, Kevin, I'm not trying to make myself look smart and I could really care less what some internet aggboy thinks of me. I'm just trying to help fix the signal to noise ratio of this forum, because it can really be maddening.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:41 PM #19
i-paint

im ordering this bolt next week
-black ccm no rise feed neck
-360 QEV
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 PM #20
2 Xist
stand your ground.

To tell you the truth you can ask Element just to put his review in here. His was quite good and is already written

Old 04-20-2006, 09:54 PM #21
nyhl

Ok Bud Green... I have already told you that Coakley would be posting his review too.
Also, like most reviews it still needs to be updated, and if you read my other posts, you would figure out that I didn't just dryfire it. I had also stated in a couple posts earlier that whenever I got my L6 in the mail I would review it with Coakley, and now I'm waiting for Coakley and 2 Xist's reviews...

Now please, don't turn this into another bash-fest like some other Ion threads.
---FB||||EIO
N Y L E - T U N I N G

Last edited by nyhl : 04-20-2006 at 09:58 PM.