PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-11-2002, 02:11 AM #1
TNT

has been a member for 10 years
Cocker Experiences...

1) How many of you have played with your cockers in the rain? How did the gun hold up? Any special temporary "mods" you had to do to adapt to the situation? If you chose not to play on account of rain, please post what you were most worried about.

2) I saw an autococker with a guard wer the hoses were. I dont believe anyone makes that for a paintball gun because it looked like a rifle piece but I want to know if anyone knew where I can find a guard for the hoses on the side.

3) I plan on getting an Worr Orracle. Should I be worried about it getting messed up if I want to play scenarios and speedball tourneys and occasional recball?

Thanks all!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2002, 08:50 AM #2
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
1. I dont rain down here much, but when it does its usally a drizzle. But if it starts getting a little harder I wrap the porting with plastic wrap. I dont play when it gets really hard.

2. Its called a shroud, you can find them everywhere becuase no-one wants them. They dont do anything and they keep your pritty pnuematics out of sight.

3. No

-Dave
Old 11-11-2002, 08:55 AM #3
highstep

rain

When the rain comes i break out the good ole cocker and drive right in... you gotta love sliding into a bunker at mach5 and almost knocking it over
Old 11-11-2002, 09:21 AM #4
sfenix

sfenix is a Supporting Member
1.That's what a 98 is for :-)
2.answered
3.as opposed to gettign it messed up doing what? you just named off playing paintball, what did you have in mind doing with the gun?
Old 11-11-2002, 11:27 AM #5
Cheshire
Arbiter

Light rain I will play in. Hard rain I pack up for the day. Right now I don't like playing in the rain cause it isn't fun getting water spots off a nickel plated cocker. But they can handle the rain. Now if your playing in like hurricane and Monsoon weather I don't think any marker (Maybe a tippmann) can handle that.

Illiterate? Write for help.

Watch the eyes of any child as a sword is drawn from its sheath. What you will see there expresses the power of the sword far more powerfully than any prose: the recognition of beauty, danger, and potential embodied in a gleaming, elementally cruel form. - John J. Donahue
Old 11-11-2002, 12:56 PM #6
sfenix

a 98 (and a stingray - no really, it will) can take anything, short of putting sand in it's insides.
Old 11-11-2002, 01:32 PM #7
milf350

My ex ran over a stingray with a thunderbird, I gassed it up and I was very surprised that it still worked well considering it was a B.E.

2K2 Vert. Feed Cocker
WGP Hinge, Kapp Fat Ram, MicroRock LPR, Dye P.M.P. 3way, Superfly Bolt, FreeFlow S.S. Hammer, AKA Tornado Valve, SP Max-Flo Vert. Reg
Old 11-11-2002, 01:54 PM #8
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
I let some hottie use my spyder elite once. It came back to me with 12 inches of sand in the barrel, and sand comming out of the grip frame.

Cleaned out the barrel, 1 drop of oil in the cocking thing, gased it up and was playing.

I opened it up later and to my discorvery It was packed full of sand, very supprised it worked. Lets just say I had fun with a compressed air can, paper towls, and water that night

-Dave
Old 11-11-2002, 03:10 PM #9
sfenix

Quote:
Originally posted by milf350
My ex ran over a stingray with a thunderbird, I gassed it up and I was very surprised that it still worked well considering it was a B.E.
well yah, the plastic that thing is made out of is like concrete..
Old 11-11-2002, 08:09 PM #10
jjmorin85
Born again newb...

ya thats pretty amazing, but back on topic...
1. all i do in the rain is wrap electrical tape around the porting to keep the barrel dry so that i dont loose much accuracy but unless its a tourney or something i usually dont play in heavy rain, did once, sliding was fun but i was soaked and it was cold out and thats just not much fun.

2. i used to use a shroud to prevent having to clean out the fron with q-tips if i got shot up there. but other than keeping it clean its basicly pointless. Since i have access to air tools at the field i work at i dont bother with the shroud anymore. if i get shot up there just a quick spraying with the air hose and its all clean. Some people even hose it off if they get shot there and it doesnt seem to hurt anything. just make sure you wipe off anything that has any potential of rusting, but basicly everything is sealed air tight up there so you have nothing to wory about and its usually all stainless steel and aluminum so your good to go except maybe on a couple screws that could rust.

3. if a gun got messed up just by being used then i doubt it would ever be a very popular gun, and as you can tell you probably see cockers almost everywhere you go, if that says anything.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:44 PM #11
InSaNoJeSteR
Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!

Well, I can agree with the saran wrap on the barrel in the rain, but I don't like playing in the rain too much unless its light rain or drizzle because I get sick from it easily, and I don't like getting wet. But that's me. I'm a sissy.

When a woman is approaching an orgasm, it is appropriate to order a
pizza.

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the BONE.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:48 PM #12
SLiCK_InSeRtIoN

ill can tell you, in pouring rain, nothing beats a m98 and some pgps. neither gave any problems, and the pgps were great for diving into a puddle behind a bunker, and then knocking down the bunker. although the tippy was really logged with dirt and water the next day, a few new screws fixed the problem, since they were the only piece of equipment that got rust.
note, since the new pgps have an opeing and water can easily reach the paint, make sure you change after every 10 minutes or so, making sure you use tha paint, because it WILL be the size of a golf ball.