Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 AM #1
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
What does it take to be a Pro...Is it in you?

Given the opportunity to play Professional Paintball, I think many players would jump at the chance. Who wouldn't want free gear, free entry to a practice field, free paint, free travel, face time on ESPN, articles, and pictures in magazines...

Beyond having the skills to play, do you have the time? Do you have the dedication? Do you even have a clue about what I am asking you?

Being Pro means playing every weekend. 2-3 times per week.

Being Pro means giving up most of the free time you spend with friends, and your girlfriend.

Being Pro means missing that ski trip all your pals are going on.

Being Pro means missing time from school, or work. It could mean having to quit your job.

Being Pro means paintball can't be the most important thing in your life, only when there is nothing more important to do.

Being Pro means getting up at 4AM, and driving 6 hours to practice, staying the night, practicing all day, then driving 6 hours to be home in time to go to school/work the next day.

Being Pro means flying across the country Friday, and returning Sunday night, exhausted.

Being Pro means understanding that sponsors, and representating them is more important that what your favorite color might be...

Still think it is in you???

The only way you will make it, is if you start a team, play D1, win the series, then play Semi pro the next year, and do well enough to qualify for Pro...

or

Get noticed by a Pro team.

Here is your first chance...
------------------------------------------------------------
Name:
Position on the field:

The equipment you use: (Gun, Hopper, Tank, Mask, Pack, Barrel)

Name of your team:
League(s) you play in:

Then, tell me why you want to play Pro.:
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site

Last edited by NECanes Coach : 04-19-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:59 AM #2
SMUHuskie
My Balls Yo Face!!!

SMUHuskie is a Supporting Member
Name: Vince Sharpe
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball: 2
Position on the field: Anywhere...mostly front

The equipment you use: 05 Predator Shocker, Reloader B, 68/45 Inline maxflo SP bottle, Freak back, NXe 3 pack, profiler

Name of your team: East Coast Shock (Canadian X-Ball Leage), Overkill (5 man)
League(s) you play in: Canadian X-ball Leauge, Eastern Divsion, GT Atlantics (5 Man)

Why, you can't explain in words why I would want to play at the top level...i'm a dedicated player who wants to win...I thrive for winning.....I learn quick, and when someone tells me to go here, and kill the bastard in front of me, that's what I do....I do whatever it takes to get the job done....I'm young, fast, and a team player

My parents are proud supporters of what I'm doing, and this is also another reason why I strive to be the best, to prove to them that I can do it

I'm use to traveling, I travel 13 hours to play a 1 hour X-ball game in Montreal and then drive back 13 more hours after the game to get ready for work on Monday morning...I know all about traveling, and how tiring it gets, and i'm not even at the pro level in the US yet.......

All I need is the person to tell me, you want the chance of a lifetime...then here it is...and I promise I won't dissapoint.....till then!

Thanks for reading!

HKANADA

EAST COAST OUTLAWS *ECO*
MONCTON SHOCK (CXBL)

WE WANT YOUR GEAR!!!!!!

Last edited by SMUHuskie : 04-19-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:09 PM #3
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Name: Nick Kehagias
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball: 3
Position on the field: Anywhere, prefer a mid/tape spot, but can play any position needed. The team's needs come first.

The equipment you use:
Gun: Mantis Alias in sig, Hybrid Traitor
Hopper: Reloader B/Cheetah'd Halo B w/ rip
Tank: PMI Pure Energy, Empire Fuel
Mask: E-ventz, flex-7s, profilers
Pack: NxE or Dye
Barrel:Ultralight and stiffi for the Timmy, and a powerlyte Scepter kit on the shocker

Name of your team: Supergat.com Factory team
League(s) you play in: CFOA, BRUTs, CMS, (SCPFOA and one or two PSP's included world cup planned for this season)

I want to take my paintball experience to it's greatest potential. A sport reaches it's maximum level of play, only when a team is fused together, not only under a widely recognized sponsor, but by the trials and tribulations that are brought upon them by long, countless hours of practice and drills. The reward....playing in tournaments where you have no choice but to put everything on the line. I also want to be a part of pushing paintball to the next level of national recognition. For every player that loses their temper and swears and argues in front of the ESPN cameras, or any other cameras, there needs to be 4 more around to calm him down.

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM #4
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.

Name:dan snow
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball:1
Position on the field:I tend to play corners alot. (back/mid)

The equipment you use:shocker, 68/45, halo, profilers,ypaintballPROedition pack, all american and freak.

Name of your team:kingston/wellsville express(maybe)
League(s) you play in:cxbl, nyxl (maybe)

why do I want to play pro? I just want to travel the world and play paintball. Ever since I started playing, My mom never really liked it. She said its a waste of time and that It will never get me anywhere. I tell her constantly that maybe I dont want to live a life like hers, where you go to work for the day and come home, it just seems boring. I tell her I want to play professional paintball for my career, and im going to go as far as I can. Thats one my reasons that I try, I want to show her whats up. I basically gave up my other life for paintball. I work now, takes up friday and saturday, i practice saturdays and sundays. Outside Of paintball, I dont have much of a life, I got some friends at school, nothing more. I know posting on a forum isnt going to get me a spot on a pro team. Becuase teams dont really care how good of a typer you are. But i see a lot of people say "I want to go pro, but they have no drive to do it." But if I was to give it up, id have nothing to do...

But listen up, a forum isnt going to get you a spot on a top team. You have to go out there, bust your ***, and earn that spot on that team you always wanted to be on.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 PM #5
jonzo

Why I want to play Pro:

Because I've sacrificed more than I care to admit. Because I've spent enough money on the sport to get myself where I am that I've gotta ask for help to keep playing - and I hate asking for money. Because I've played my *** off for the last year and put up with enough bull**** to make me want to quit the sport three times over. Because I want to win at the highest level, not the second highest. Because I feel I've earned the right to a shot.

oh, and I make cool websites...

Why I don't want to play Pro:

Politics, backstabbing, *** kissing, lying, cheating, manipulation, and the common misconception that being a good paintball player is all you need to get on to a Pro level team.

Last edited by jonzo : 04-19-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:24 PM #6
NECanes Coach
Turnin Kids 2 ballers

NECanes Coach is a Supporting Member
NECanes Coach is a Professional paintball player
jonzo, jonzo, jonzo...
Hurricane Facebook Fan Site
Old 04-19-2006, 01:27 PM #7
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Maybe Jonzo should be filling this out for real....

(owned)

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie

Last edited by J. Stein : 04-19-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:38 PM #8
dimenticatodio187
so many ways to get paid

Name: Jason Orlick
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball:2
Position on the field: Back

The equipment you use: 06 Ego, Cheetah'd Halo, Angel Air 45/45 w/ G.A. Assault Reg, Flex 8, NXe Pack, Dye Ultralite which spits some of the best paint in the world, XO

Name of your team: SuperGat.com Factory (SGF)
League(s) you play in: CFOA

Then, tell me why you want to play Pro.:Who wouldnt want to be at the top level of the sport and be able to play with the best in the world. to walk off the field and have some kid ask you for your jersey. IT would be a great feeling because at one time...most of us were that kid asking for the jersey. Why would anyone want to play any pro sport? To be looked up to and be able to set an example for the youth who are coming into the sport. Paintball needs to grow as a sport and the more people who are at the top of the game the bigger the sport will be. Who can deny having to play paintball as a job. I currently work in the industry and know about how to represent products from sponsors as well as eevrything else. Honestly Id jump at the chance, the people I work for, my girlfriend and my friends would understand.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:49 PM #9
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Name: Kris Stevenson
Years Playing Tournament ball: 1 Ĺ
Position on the Field: Back Center

The Equipment I use: 06 Ego, Halo B, Crossfire 70/45, JT Flex 8, Empire Action pack 3+4

Name of my Team: Shell Shock
League(s) you play in: Masters, CAPS, (Local) Planning PSP Events

Why I want to play Pro

To play Pro is an Honor only certain people can obtain, It shows you worked hard. You get to play with the best of the best in the sport and Get to go around the world to do something you love. You get to meet people you would never get to meet otherwise; you get life experiences that only come every so often. And the best part of it all, Is you’re doing something you love to do, it doesn’t matter if you give up going to the movies or hanging with friends it’s the sport I love.

Thanks for Reading
Old 04-19-2006, 02:20 PM #10
l33t n00b

Post Playboy for '08

Name: Chris Beamon
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball: 3 years
Position on the field: Mid [Actually an insert front being 6'4 limits me getting to really forward bunkers on the break]

The equipment you use: Ego 05 and 06... I prefer the same rig so that i don't have to fumble around if i have to use my backup. Plus all the standard stuff... Vlocity, Halo, 68/4500's, Jt ProFlex, Vforce, Freak barrel

Name of your team: Playboyz Paintball Factory [formerly of Landslyde and Dionysis]
League(s) you play in: NPPL d3 '05, Nepl Intermediate and Novice, Fox4 Novice

Then, tell me why you want to play Pro.: Well isn't that every little paintballers dream lol. Honestly... paintball is a rather large part of my life. I'm working on the 2nd year of running my team as a captain. In fact last year i even bought a mini van to fit the team gear better. Yes i lack the coolness but have the drive. Last year my team practiced from 1-2 times a week to get to constantly podium at novice events. Granted yes it's only novice ... but still it's meaningful to bring a team to a position where you can be consistant [same reason why people respect Naughty Dogs].

Eventually i'd like to make it up to Pro or Semi pro... but stuff like that takes time. And alot of practice... and as far as i've come in the last year i see places that i can improve. I figure it would take me another year or two to get up to that type of skill level. Plus of course i have a certain amount of loyality to my team. For now there is no better place for me to learn than with my team in intermediate. But there may come a time i need to branch out. I just am picky about teams i play for, so it's hard to find a team that has good solid chemistry that i can mesh with.

So by winter of '08... i expect an invite to the 'Canes... otherwise i'm goin to Dynasty, lol.

Hope you guys have a good year.... keep shooting up people!

-Chris Beamon
Playboyz Factory

Last edited by l33t n00b : 04-19-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:44 PM #11
kidwithagun

Haha, I know i don't stand a chance yet so i'll just do this for kicks

Name: John szep
Years playing tournaments: 1.5
Position: front

Current team: Mantis kids

Equipment: JT, mantis, and I shoot a shocker

Why I want to play pro: I could BS all day and make up some story that would make you cry, but the truth is, I just love paintball. And free stuff isn't bad either.

this was fun lol...... 10 bucks says no one who posts on this thread gets picked up
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM #12
masspb

As requested by D.A.

Name: Thanh Huynh
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball: Less than a year
Position on the field: Anywhere, but i like mid/front

The equipment you use: (Gun, Hopper, Tank, Mask, Pack, Barrel)
Evil Pimp w/ 7.0 board (ST Reg, ST Ball Detents, ST Low-Rise Feedneck, TBO Trigger w/ magnets)
Halo B (Hybrid Suicide Shell, ST Rip Drive, S4 Drive Cone)
Pure Energy 68/4500 Fiber Tank
JT Flex 8
06 Evil 4+3
Stock .689 Evil Pipe

Name of your team: WTG
League(s) you play in: N/A

Then, tell me why you want to play Pro.: Everyone wants to play pro in any sport. I too would like to play at the pro level in paintball but not for the free stuff, the fame, respect, or "goods" that come with that level of play. I want to play pro paintball because i want to play paintball at its highest level. Those other things are just a bonus to the pro level

I honestly would like my team to be at the next level but i have my own doubts that something like that will happen. This is because my teammates have given a major portion of their time to other sports that they are more commited to. It was easy for them to commit to those other sports but paintball is my sport.

I know that i have much less experience than most of the players on pbn but i have commitment and i think with proper guidence i can become a better player overall.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM #13
04 shocker

I couldnt do this I would have to finish High School first But ill fill out for kicks anyways

Name:Scott Shillieto
Years:about 2
Position:Mid/snake

Equipment: Shocker, Cp kit, CP reg, Q lock, Unimount/ I use a Minion as well its the teams though. .. Halo, 68/4500, 20/20's and once in a while Profiler everything else Evil

Team: X fire 7man team NEPL Amature

Why i want to play pro: Im not gonna say a crap load of why im the perfect player im just gonna say it. Im an athlete and a competitor to the fullest. everything about me is competiton even when it comes to accademics i always want to be the best.. and when im not the best i work like hell to get there. So to be a pro means the be one of the best and its one step closer to becoming the absolute best and thats what it is all about. Also as a competitor i know limitations and i know that im not prepared to play pro not in a long shot but i hope in a couple years i will be.

Targeted Solutions Interstate Batteries Paintball Supply Shack
Old 04-19-2006, 10:26 PM #14
JLothrop

Name: Justin Lothrop
Years playing TOURNAMENT ball: 3
Position on the field: Corner or Mid

The equipment you use: (Gun, Hopper, Tank, Mask, Pack, Barrel):

Dark Shocker, Reloader B, Crossfire 68/45, Profiler, NXe, CP Kit.

Name of your team: Boston Villains (the kids team), Formerly of X-Fire (7-man) and Playboyz before that...
League(s) you play in: NEPL, NPPL (I played two events last year, and will be playing a couple more this year),

Then, tell me why you want to play Pro.: I suppose to understand why play pro, youíd have to understand who I am. Iím a competitor, I always have been, and chances are, I always will be. Thatís basic, thatís the easy part, but to be truly competitive you canít just play regional events, you canít just play DIII, or D anything. Thereís only one place where ďcompetingĒ actually MEANS something. And thatís on the main field, on a Sunday. The bleachers packed with the people who failed to get where you are standing right now. Playing against the best in the world, who ever that may be at the time. People yelling, guns rolling, the world stops turning and at the end of every game your heart and soul is left out there on the field. And you know win or lose that next time, you are going to have to play harder. Because next time, they are going to come harder, faster, stronger, better. I want to play pro, not because I want free stuff, not because I want to travel, not because I want to hang out with friends. If I wanted stuff, if I wanted to travel, or hang out with friends, I wouldnít have started playing in the first place. I want to play pro, cause thatís what it means to be the best, itís where losing really hurts, and most importantly itís the only place where winning really means something.