PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-15-2006, 12:48 PM #1
Voodoo6

Back in the fold...

well, after a 5yr absence from paintball- im back. im a former shop/field owner but got out of the biz after being offered a job i couldnt refuse (sold the shop/field). i may get back into the biz since all the paintball local to me now is renegade.

anyways, having owned/used darned near everything in the industry, making a decision on what to but for myself now that im going to start playing again wasnt all that difficult. there were only a handfull of markers that cut the mustard as good enough to be in my stable (with having over 20yrs PB experience thats saying alot for a few companies).

also, im not afraid to say i absolutely hate speedball. not knocking it, since a ton of people enjoy it and its great revenue for the industry- its just not what i consider fun (and yes, ive played succesfully on tourny teams)

i got to a point where i was tired of spraying rounds in a fast and furious mosh pit and wanted to get back to playing old school style woodsball. dumped all my angels, cockers etc... and went pump (phantom vsc) all was good till i had to make a decision about my job to do better for my family.

when deciding on my new gun, i remember some of the best games i played came with the phantom vs all takers. the phantom is a great gun.... but there was something else on my mind. i always thought a semiauto phantom vsc would be awsome. id love a small 12gr, 10rd semi.

another gun i absolutey loved was a palmer typhoon, i just had a problem keeping one. everytime id buy one a customer would end up nagging me to sell it to him and id end up with another (3 'phoons and a blazer ) the 'phoon was the deadliest accurate marker ive ever shot (and ive shot alot) then it donned on me-The Squall!!! yes! i could get a squall and mount a t-stock and id have my accurate, 12gr powered, 10rd cap QCB style assualt weapon.

i remember the day my 1st 'phoon arrived at the field. i stepped out onto the field before players started showing up and was plinking away and getting a feel for it. then a regular showed up and couldnt wait to show me the new cocker he just got. we talked for a minute or so about his new gun and i showed him the 'phoon and explained what it was, then we began plinking off rounds side by side.

the accuracy difference between the stock typhoon and this "tricked" cocker was redicules. the 'phoon could put ball after ball on top of each other and the cocker had a large area of shot dispersion. he didnt keep the cocker long, and you could just see the disapointment in his face.

that gun was tagged with the nickname "the ghetto cocker" and ended up becoming a legend on the field.

so here i am waiting for my squall to arrive, itll get a few mods- UMB, Blackpoint side folding t-stock, adco edot. prob order a stock class pack from doc's machine as well. cant wait to hit the woods and have some fun again.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2006, 09:48 PM #2
non-inflammable

non-inflammable is a Supporting Member
get a "flipped-out" capless stock class harness. the best ever...
http://invisionfree.com/forums/Stock...howtopic=11805

Last edited by non-inflammable : 04-16-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:29 AM #3
Voodoo6

i saw those flipped out packs for sale, if i was going to be in a faster arena id look into one. where ill be playing, im going to have to recycle as much as possible. i had a doc's harness with my phantom and loved it, empty tubes slid right back where they came from with out me having to go look for them after the game. in woodsball ill have to go with doc's, for speedball however those capless packs rule.

nice setup