Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-08-2002, 06:52 PM #1
daveabbott
lasoya timmy!

has been a member for 10 years
great ball detent idea!!!

ok, who here has ever had a ball break in the chamber, it sucks soooo bad. but who has been lucky enough to have that broken ball jam the ball detent too? hahaha. well, after some timkering i found a way to customize ur ball detent so it will never jam again...heres what you do. take a motorized drill with a real skinny drill bit. drill right into the middle of the detent till you hit the ball. now whenever it gets jammed, stick something small in there and pop the beyotch right back out!!! tell me what you guys think of my idea....ps it works too...i had a tournament and the night b4 i was shooting and this happened. thisa idea saved my ***!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2002, 07:59 PM #2
sfenix

sfenix is a Supporting Member
smart idea. i like :-). replace the metal/plastic ball with a rubber ball too, save bolts! :-)
Old 11-08-2002, 08:23 PM #3
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
I think macdev incoperated something like that into their detents...*looks for link*

http://www.macdev.net/images/cockerballdetent.jpg

-Dave
Old 11-09-2002, 10:19 AM #4
daveabbott
lasoya timmy!

hey

damn, well, i like my design the best...lol, thx
Old 11-12-2002, 10:36 AM #5
titansu
Iím allergic to soup

Quote:
Originally posted by Nomad
I think macdev incoperated something like that into their detents...*looks for link*

http://www.macdev.net/images/cockerballdetent.jpg

-Dave
The other benefit of the Mac Dev detent, is you use a 1/8" allen wrench to put on/take off. You won't risk scratching your body w/ a hex wrench... just make sure not to strip the allen key, or it's vice grip time.
Old 11-12-2002, 04:16 PM #6
jam_2087

Speaking of ball detents...Have you ever had a ball roll right out of tha barrel when u are goin to bunker somone? That really sux cuz sometimes there is those 4 or 5 balls that are out of wack and smaller than tha rest so it dosn't fit the bore size ur using for the day...I think they should make bodies that have 2 ball detents one for where the ball loads and one in the breech so that you don't have a ball roll out...Or alteast i have never seen one like this...tell me what u guys think...later
Old 11-12-2002, 05:05 PM #7
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally posted by jam_2087
Speaking of ball detents...Have you ever had a ball roll right out of tha barrel when u are goin to bunker somone? That really sux cuz sometimes there is those 4 or 5 balls that are out of wack and smaller than tha rest so it dosn't fit the bore size ur using for the day...I think they should make bodies that have 2 ball detents one for where the ball loads and one in the breech so that you don't have a ball roll out...Or alteast i have never seen one like this...tell me what u guys think...later
Well the ball goes into the barrel when the bolt comes forward, so then the barrel would nee a detent....You could just use the right size paint.
Old 11-12-2002, 05:09 PM #8
Razor Shrp Nipples

why do u need a ball detent on a closed bolt gun??? Unless i had a halo on my cocker or a warp (not sure about evo2 cause i havent seen one), but with a rev, i had no detent for like 6 months and never choped or have double feeds or ne thing..... as long as u have a good bore size (freak), it doesnt really matter on a cocker.
Old 11-12-2002, 07:27 PM #9
Nomad
Anger Management

Nomad is a Supporting Member
Everything does something on a cocker!

I mean common the backblock makes the balls go at least 50 feet farther and the pnuematics put an extra 200 fps on your shots.

The ball detent must make your balls go straighter than any other gun!

-Dave
Old 11-12-2002, 09:26 PM #10
Ov3rmind
Banned

I believe it's there for those times when some people like to hold their trigger back for some reason. It's just so that if the bolt is back for a little longer than normal, you don't have an few extra balls come right in the breech. The barrel only holds the ball in place when the bolt is forward.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:58 PM #11
War Gnome

The Eclipse Fangz Is my favorite one.

http://www.paintballgateway.com/ecautfanbald.html
Old 11-13-2002, 03:17 PM #12
Razor Shrp Nipples

Quote:
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
I believe it's there for those times when some people like to hold their trigger back for some reason. It's just so that if the bolt is back for a little longer than normal, you don't have an few extra balls come right in the breech. The barrel only holds the ball in place when the bolt is forward.
o i c, im not gey like that lol

when i shoot at someone, there are gonna be at least 3 balls coming ur way. Im known for never shooting someone once unless its an accident haha. If i shoot someone out and they have only 1 mark, people make fun of me and say that i was shooting at someone else. Even when i play with my cocker i shoot people like 3 times on the break when i shoot them out cause i dont stop shooting until i see a hand in the air indicating that they called out lol. Starts fights with uptight people in rec, but its a good tourney skill and i always cycle my cocker fast
Old 11-13-2002, 04:35 PM #13
Ov3rmind
Banned

Yes, RSN, I think most people play with their Cockers like that (including myself). However, there are those few who like to hold their trigger back for some reason, and the ball detent helps then.
Old 11-16-2002, 09:31 AM #14
Kwik Maxx

Re: hey

Quote:
Originally posted by daveabbott
damn, well, i like my design the best...lol, thx
Air****hs have been drilling holes in the back of Detents of over a decade now.

I guess you can still call it your design