Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-14-2001, 10:23 PM #1
KilJoy
Blazer

has been a member for 10 years
Prowler, I got a few quesions about your Blazer

I couldnt get a hold of you via PM so I thought Id ask you here.

I noticed your Blazer has a sidewinder regulator. How do you like it? I think it looks good on there. Does it work as good as the stab? Im mainly using nitro, so I thought Id ask.

Do you like our 45 frame? How much of an improvment is it over the stock frame? How fast can you shoot?

Thanks for your help.
John 3:16- "For God so loved the world that He gave His only beggoten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life
.................................................. ..........
Thanks to [TSS] Dake for the Avatar
Old 08-16-2001, 03:11 PM #2
prowler

KilJoy...

I LOVE the Sidewinder regulator.... It is one of the most consistent regs that I have ever used. That's not to say that a Stabilizer isn't as consistent.... It's just that my Blazer has the High Volume Low Pressure valving and I have found that the Sidewinder reg works better when using nitro running @ a low pressure. I have run my Blazer using a Stabilizer also and had similar results. I just like the rotating feature of the Sidewinder.... makes it easier to set up you hoses.

As for the .45 frame... I wouldn't go any other way. Unless the added cost of the .45 frame is an issue. It has a super smooth and VERY short trigger pull. My teammate also has a Blazer with a standard trigger frame and a protouch trigger job and you can definitely tell the difference between the two.

As for how fast it can shoot... Rest assured that a Blazer with a .45 frame is capable of cycling MUCH faster than any person could pull the trigger. We played @ the Zap Am this year and I was consistently out-shooting my 12v Rev all day long.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Prowler
Old 08-16-2001, 03:18 PM #3
KilJoy
Blazer

You Rule Prowler, thanks for the help.
John 3:16- "For God so loved the world that He gave His only beggoten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life
.................................................. ..........
Thanks to [TSS] Dake for the Avatar
Old 08-16-2001, 11:25 PM #4
prowler

No problem....
Old 08-19-2001, 01:07 AM #5
regisphilben

Hey prowler, do you also have a pro touch trigger job along with the frame? Im thinking of getting the 45 frame without the trigger job.
Old 08-19-2001, 12:39 PM #6
prowler

Actually..... Palmers doesn't offer the Protouch trigger job on Blazers WITH a .45 frame. The reason they don't offer it is because a trigger job must be done anyway with the .45 frame. A Blazer with a .45 frame has one of the shortest mechanical trigger pulls out there. I feel the trigger on a Blazer WITH the .45 frame is about twice as nice as a Blazer using the standard frame with a Protouch trigger job.