PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2006, 07:48 PM #1
gwac

Is icd realy as bad as people say.

See im considering a new gun and i like the pimp and weight isnt a big deal neather is size but i like the way it looks and lakc of kick but i hear so many horror stories like "guns dead""its not working what ever i do""Its dead before i even used it""I got 3 and all three are broken""It took 2 months to get my gun back""There customer service is garbage and so are they""Every one who has one had it break and the icd techs needed to fix it constantly""It needs to much tinkering nd this is realy not a good thing to hear for a future customer so i called up icd who said they had a low return rate but i see on every forum for freestyles at least half of the psots are my gun sucks it broke i like my ion over it.At least with other forums people said it was just word of mouth but its over 50 posts i counted of this. Did they improve any and will they improve in a half a year is there service that bad,do i need a icd tech or else i will wait for ever,Do they break down that often,why did action vilage get a broken one for there review,and more. Is this all a misunder stangding or is icd as bad as these people say since i dont want to beleive it since the freestyle sounds like a perfect candadate to be a gun to choose next to otheres being fast,light,acurate,little kick,easy striping even action vilage and pbreview said they were decent not great or good but decent are they.
Thanks i know it will be biased and my info was colected from paintball.com,pbnation,pbreview,and some other little forums.
gwac
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2006, 11:25 PM #2
Angel-Beater (Banned)
**BeEyaH!!**

wow.. learn how to divide this into paragrpahs...

I love my promaster, freind loves his freestly, cant get much more biased then that..
Old 04-03-2006, 08:19 AM #3
fly_guy_03

i have 2 BKO's, both are black 2003.5
one just purchased recently used, to fix up.

love them both

i've seen posts where people ***** no matter what gun they have, other people ***** because they dont have "that" gun.

you will have problems no matter what gun you get, thats the fun part, till you are in the middle of a game.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:42 AM #4
dementedpaintballer (Banned)
Demented Products

dementedpaintballer is a Supporting Member
wow.
didn't read all of that 'cause it was too much of a hassle to read the first few seconds. propper formating FTW!

icd is just as great as every company out there, and just as bad as every company out there.
the guns will have problems if not taken care of, and so will guns from other companies. parts will break, and same with others.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM #5
Blue525

Yes, ICD is the worst company ever...

Just Kidding.
75% of the reason why people say ICD is bad is because they didnt take the 6 minutes to read their manual. And they also usually have no common sense.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:38 PM #6
Gibson

has been a member for 10 years
i think icd gets a bad name because they have the most affordable "entry level high end markers" which attract ballers w/ a smaller budget, usually younger ones too. its there 1st true electro pnu gun and they treat it like there spyder or tippy, and it breaks or they dont read how to set it up properly, thus they say they suck... thats what i think anyways

ive owned a 2k3 bko which i upp'd insanely and it would keep up with any gun out there,

i shoot an 04 ndfs now, and its by far badass, i dont want to shoot anything else

icd is great....

* off topic.. what did the dogs use at hb?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM #7
IceMan1300

I've owned 4 ICD markers and havn't had any problems.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:08 AM #8
pk5

pk5 is a Supporting Member
I think the dog use a shocker at HB, they have been using shocker on the ultimate paintball arena show. Back to topic: icd marker are just as reliable as any other one out there. Believe me when i move from my spyder to a bushie, it was giving me one heck of a problem since i never bother to read the manual and start tinkering with it. Especially the bushie, which have many ways that you can modify the darn thing. Over the past year i have send my bushie and ABFS back to ICD for 2 thing, first the bushie, because i overset my sonic lpr and it cause the noid to malfunction. and i have to send the ABFS back because i took apart the bolt and didn't know how to set the rollcage back into place. Both marker were return within 2 weeks, and i didn't have to pay a thing, they even repair the switch that got shot off in a tourney without charges. If you are wondering why it take soo long for some marker to get fixed, it is because they are waiting on parts, or they have to fix gun like mine.
ICD Thunder cat dual tank

Feedback http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1218772
Old 04-04-2006, 12:21 AM #9
blueice547
AZballa

ICD isnt a bad company. All their markers can easily compete with DMs, PMs, and the like, after a few upgrades. The customer service isnt the best though. I have heard mixed stories about its good and its bad. For the record the dogs are officly with smart parts and shoot the shocker I wish they stayed with ICD.

Originally posted by komodo 11: I wear my morning wood proud in my house. If it disturbes anyone, I usually just call out "Then why are you staring at my genitals?!?!?!".
Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 PM #10
bkoperson13
Crumb's Dookie Shop

bkoperson13 is playing at Living Legends III
bkoperson13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
its the ICD forum, so most of the guys here love their markers. Personally i love ICD.

#59 New EnglandBallaz

Custom ION TRIGGERS PM ME FOR DETAILS
Old 04-10-2006, 09:07 AM #11
rotorhead

I have had a Defiant since they first came out, upgraded it piece by piece for the last 6 or so years and there have been 2 problems with it. 2 years ago the ram broke, and last year the solonoid finally died. It has been the most consistant performing marker I have come across. It is always the one that will work when needed. It is now my backup marker in case my FS7 goes down. I think the markers are some of the best quality markers out there. As far as customer service, I think it may be a case of growing a little too fast and there are some growing pains. The only issues I have heard of is lengthy turn arounds for markers.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:57 PM #12
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...

Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
They are crap. Is that what you wanted to hear? Good. Now that you heard from an ICD Owner that they are crap... get out of here and leave us to our fun.

You'll never know... until you try one. Also, for god sakes, always read your manual.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:51 PM #13
DarthDallas182
Sith Paintballer

...ive never, NEVER, once, on ANY paintball site, heard anyone say that ICD guns are bad... they kick ***, straight up. I just ordered a promaster because everything i read and have heard from personal experience says they can compete with any top knotch marker. And yes, if you dont read the manual, its your faul if it breaks. So, yeah, ICD guns are good.
  • CP Direct Mount On/Off ASA
  • Viewloader eVolution II High Speed Loader