PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-06-2002, 11:22 PM #1
shinnycocker

has been a member for 10 years
My new System X Vengeance Pro

I havent really got to mess with it much, but I did respring it and a little tweaking on the timing. The valve spring was way to light and the main was a little heavy for my liking. I will try to give a report this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-022s.jpg (46.9 KB, 673 views)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2002, 11:44 PM #2
Froth
Offset is everything.

Froth is a Moderator
Froth is a Supporting Member
Froth is BST Trusted
Froth helped look for balloons
Froth supports our troops
Not bad, not really my style fade red/clear - because it turns pink in the middle. Otherwise it looks nice, good milling and I like that Hinge. The color is just Prefrence, and dosent impact performance so thats your decision.
Do not click this.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:16 AM #3
shinnycocker

Froth, I agree with ya. I am not fond of the pinkish in the middle if that sounded right, LOL. It is a nice gun though. I cant compare it to my FreeFlow race yet . All in all for the price it's a great performer. I may use it this Sunday for a few games to see how she does.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:28 PM #4
paintballpark187
Burninating you up.

paintballpark187 is a Supporting Member

Yea... nifty
Old 11-07-2002, 06:51 PM #5
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
With the new trigger frame, is the trigger snappy or smooth? On my v1.0, it's very snappy and takes some getting use too to be able to throw some paint.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Old 11-07-2002, 07:32 PM #6
Byte
Taste that?

Byte is a founding member
Very very nice! How is it shootin?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:18 PM #7
shinnycocker

The trigger is fairly smooth, though it has a squared lug in there. I may try a rounded one to see if its any diffrent. The gun itself is very user friendly. I give Sytem X credit on the manual provided newbs can really benifit from it. The ram looks like a STO ram 45psi cocking pressure, 3-way is short and externally adjustable, the front LPR seems to recharge well, I like the idea of it threading into the valve chamber, like a MacDev front block. It has 2k2 WGP internals. The inline is a 2 piece design that uses a piston, like the Gladiator on my FreeFlow. Can be takin apart cleaned and lubed in 3 minutes. The only problems I have with the gun, now they are not really problems I just like to try to perfect things if I am using it,

1. The spring setup. Too light of a valve spring and way to heavy of a main spring. I put a heavier valve and a lighter main will get some effeciency and chrono reports this weekend.
2. They use too much red clay loctite. I tried to take off the gauge on the reg and it wont budge they must have used a 6 foot breaker bar to put it on.
3. All around timing was real loose. Cocking postion was off and the timing itself was overlaping a bit. A little tweaking and it flies on fast strings.
4. bolt, I wish it was a Evo style instead of twist loc.

As I said the real value of the marker will be tested Sunday. I am leaving my Race FreeFlow in the bag to put this gun through its paces. I will give a full report Sunday night. So far i am impressed.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:35 PM #8
Cow

I think they're really hideous guns but you seem to have good taste with the freeflows in your sig. Why did you buy one of these anyway?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:40 PM #9
shinnycocker

Well, I got a good deal on it and I like everything on the gun. Besides i wanted a new rig to mabe put another Race frame on later down the road. This by far is one of the lightest full sized bodied cockers Ive had in my hand, thats one of the main reasons.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:29 PM #10
rudeskawn

I think the gun looks really good...how much do those run?
Old 11-10-2002, 10:27 PM #11
Mustang7302
has been here too long

Mustang7302 is a founding member
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally posted by rudeskawn
I think the gun looks really good...how much do those run?
The v1.0's range from $725 to $775 depending on the retailer. To my knowledge, the v2.0's haven't been released to the retailers yet, though dealors can pick em up. The v2.0's are only $10 more than the v1.0's and im my opinion better with the new frame and bolt/back block.

If you want a v2.0, catch me up on aim or send me an e-mail. I can you hooked up pretty nicely.

Tommy
Game On Air Tech
AIM: Mustang7302
E-Mail: mustang73@houston.rr.com

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Old 11-11-2002, 11:48 AM #12
Cheshire
Arbiter

So would you say the System X reg is a good reg? Like to know how good of results you got cause my PMI reg has been getting a lot of problems and might just get an new reg to replace it. Just wanted to know some performance features. Only thing I don't like about it right now is that the hose has to pretty much go all the way to the top and it does not have a swivel attachment like the PMI reg did. But I can get over that if the reg performs good. Hope to hear some feedback on it.

Illiterate? Write for help.

Watch the eyes of any child as a sword is drawn from its sheath. What you will see there expresses the power of the sword far more powerfully than any prose: the recognition of beauty, danger, and potential embodied in a gleaming, elementally cruel form. - John J. Donahue
Old 11-13-2002, 08:12 PM #13
shinnycocker

Thumbs up UPDATE

Ok guys here it is the true low down.

I used it for 3 games and I must say it went without a hitch. Smooth, fast and reliable. Using Diablo blaze .684 insert +/-2 on the chrono 230psi (approx, according to the mini gauge, never trust them to much) 270fps. Cocking pressure was low enough to cycle fast and still not chop. I havent put a gauge on the LPR to check the cocking pressure yet, but I did the scotch tape on a paintball trick hung it into the breeech and fired about 12 cycles letting the bolt slam the ball and it never broke. The new 2.0 frame I have is ALMOST short stroke proof. I like the gun as a whole and have no regrets buying it. I let on of my teamates shoot it and he is a Angel guy and he was able to rip 9bps over the chrony. I dont know how accurate that is, but for a average player I would say its good enough. Thats my $.02. Anyone cosidering the System-X cockers they are a good gun. The only thing I would do is put a little heavier valve spring in it. If you short stroke with the stock valve spring it is so light it will leave the valve hang open and you will lose alot of air. Good job Xenterprises.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:54 AM #14
InSaNoJeSteR
Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!

A friend of mine just bought the Vengeance base. It's actually a really nice marker, especially for only 425. I opened up the reg though, and immediately was able to tell what it was. It's a copy off the Bob Long Torpedo, which is based on the Palmer stabilizer. The three regs perform the same, and are very consistant, especially with CO2, but perform just as well on Nitrogen, with the performance of a Gladiator, from what I have observed. Nifty little markers actually. Out of the box, I was able to adjust the pull on my friend's Vengeance Base, and got it down to 2.5 mm, but could have been made even shorter if the timing was adjusted. The pull is VERY smooth, and I noticed that the grip frame is VERY similar to the WGP. If you look through the top of it, you can notice that there is a small coil returning the spring. If you take it out, (like I did on my WGP hinge, and my friend's Vengenace) the trigger pull is MUCH lighter, but still is strong enough to return from the sear spring, which surprised me quite a bit. So shinnycocker, you might want to try that out. But DO NOT forget to grease the 3way pin, or it might not be smooth enough to return, but I didn't have to touch it on my friend's base. You still might want to do it just in case though. And yeah, the Vengeance does need new springs, but alot of 'Cockers do, so I wasn't surprised. Great guns though.

When a woman is approaching an orgasm, it is appropriate to order a
pizza.

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the BONE.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:43 PM #15
kreno

kreno is a Supporting Member
is it just me... or is that a works hinge rip off?? or is it a Works hinge?? weird... nice marker bro!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:21 PM #16
SquiDDy
1337status

how short can u get the trigger pull?

and does it come with a trigger stop like a kapp frame?

.+Artwork.Photography.+

I Kill Threads

I Cant Spell