Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-13-2001, 07:30 PM #1
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

ELGUAPO is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nor Cal people Unite

Hey I just wanted to say that we need to rally and get the windsor field back open because I hate all the other fields around here
Old 08-13-2001, 07:46 PM #2
tahoe80

What do you have against Sherwood or Fairgrounds?

Not trying to flame but just curious. I've been to most of the fields out here (sherwood, jungle, fairgrounds, windsor) and all have their good and bad traits. I think its the players for the most part that go to each of the above mentioned fields that make players say one field is better or worse in comparison, except for Fairgrounds which is an entirely different animal than the wood fields.

But like I said I was mainly curious, not trying to rip or flame.
68/3K crossfire
Old 08-14-2001, 02:58 AM #3
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

is this like the sonoma thread cause i could have sworn that there are like 5 sonoma peeps on the west thread. anyway before i get to answering your question. my name is Ryan Holmes im 16 and i live in sonoma and if you ever want to play talk to Jason or Randy at ACP. they got my number, or you can PM me. Now to answer your question, its all about pride for sonoma you know NP. I have never been to the fairgrounds because im not into airball and i have never been to sherwood but plan on going there this weekend. Carpetbobs is weak because the guy is a @$$ hole and the Hornets cheat like everytime they play. mair island was ok but the fields were not very well kept and there were not enough refs. so to answer your question with all honesty its clear cut ignorance.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:39 PM #4
tahoe80

Quote:
so to answer your question with all honesty its clear cut ignorance.
Gotta love the honesty!

I didn't play the windsor field too much but did have great time going up against some guys from Montana Hawks. They challenged the field so we played them 4 on 4 with everyone watching. It was pretty cool. It was feb. or march I think.

But if they open up again, I'd give them my business. I think i've spoken to both randy and jason before, ACP guys right? Hopefully you'd like sherwood, a bunch of guys I know should be there, I'm going the week after (going up to tahoe this weekend)

but I TOTALLY agree with you about Bob.
68/3K crossfire
Old 08-15-2001, 01:11 PM #5
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

im gonna play at sherwood this weekend are you gonna go. if so ill be the guy with the pink gemmed impuslse playing with a guy with a vertfeed purlple to red fade cocker. hope to see you and others there
Old 08-15-2001, 01:20 PM #6
tahoe80

sorry i'm up in tahoe with my girlfriend this weekend (priorities!)

But I definately am going the weekend after (aug. 24-26). If not sherwood probably a little friday night indoor at Fairgrounds.

Have fun at sherwood. Its pretty cool place to go but go a little early so you don't have to park in BFE!
68/3K crossfire
Old 08-20-2001, 07:41 PM #7
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

i went there and was stoked on it. the fields were great and the people there were really cool. i think im gonna ref there. o talked to the owner and he said hed give me a call. Field 2(the one with the house) is the best i almost bunkered a outta control (THE kAPP guys) member. anyway post on this thread and let me know where your gonna play cause id love to play with you
Old 08-22-2001, 09:55 AM #8
TiGs

Quote:
Originally posted by ELGUAPO
is this like the sonoma thread cause i could have sworn that there are like 5 sonoma peeps on the west thread. anyway before i get to answering your question. my name is Ryan Holmes im 16 and i live in sonoma and if you ever want to play talk to Jason or Randy at ACP. they got my number, or you can PM me. Now to answer your question, its all about pride for sonoma you know NP. I have never been to the fairgrounds because im not into airball and i have never been to sherwood but plan on going there this weekend. Carpetbobs is weak because the guy is a @$$ hole and the Hornets cheat like everytime they play. mair island was ok but the fields were not very well kept and there were not enough refs. so to answer your question with all honesty its clear cut ignorance.
Last time I checked Mare Island was closed. They open up again?
Old 08-22-2001, 10:10 AM #9
TiGs

I do not agree that all the Hornets cheats and that is unfair to call all Hornets cheaters. To make things clear, I'm not a Hornet or affiliated with them or Bobs field. Most of my experiances with them were ok, I did see some of them whip. It's the bad apples that give them the cheater status, oh well.

A few Hornets played at my local field about a month back and they did not represent the Team in a good way. They had bad sportsman conduct, whined a lot. Two team members where yelling, cussing, and blaming each other because they got stomped on. Also saying the field. One of them didn't even play anymore because the competition was too good for him, lol. A few of them were cool.
Old 08-22-2001, 04:14 PM #10
tahoe80

Tigs

I think the guys that ran Mare Island are now running Fairgrounds in Vallejo.

MOST of the hornets are ok. They few times I've gone there they guys parked next to me were usually pretty cool. But you have to admit some of their bad apples are REALLY BAD APPLES!

but its true the few bad guys kinda ruin the rep for the rest of them. Just play in their "beeswax" game. Its actually funny how amped they get with bob egging them on. Its pretty silly if you actually think about it. 60 newbies with rentals running around like chickens with their heads cut off and hornets running ahead and setting ambushes and wiping.

But personally, nothing bad has happened to me from the hornets but I've seen newbies get lit up and LOTS of wiping at times.
68/3K crossfire
Old 08-22-2001, 11:54 PM #11
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

are you gonna play at sherwood this weekend tahoe
Old 08-23-2001, 11:29 AM #12
tahoe80

elguapo,

I'm trying to make it out on sat.
68/3K crossfire
Old 08-23-2001, 12:04 PM #13
Ken
Young Gun

I will probably be at sherwood both days. Reffing one and playing the other. Not sure what day I will be reffing but I should find out soon. I will hopefully be playing sunday because there is some better players on sunday.

*SOLD* Green Bushmaster 2000 w/ 12" Dye Boomstick

Midway Paintball Referee
Old 08-24-2001, 01:41 AM #14
ELGUAPO
Bunkered

no go sunday tahoee thats when all the acp guys will be there