Now that SP has lowered prices... - Page 4 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-07-2006, 07:31 AM #64
pbgames
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Ya gotta love the French. Now I know why your upset.

The A in MAP stands for ADVERTISED.

The post about the car is because that is the business I was in and you can lose a lot more that $450 if you sit on your hands and hold inventory for 2 years. You seemed to have missed the math part though. Hint (it cost $6300 US dollars to hold that car in inventory because it was UGLY)

FYI, I have investment property. Lose money every once in a while? I would LOVE to only lose $450 every time I have a problem. My customers are protected by the law. They get to not pay me rent, I have to sue and then they still get to live there for a month on my nickel until they have to leave. So they stick me with huge water bills and tear up my houses so I get to pay to fix them up. In the end, so what. I still make money, it's part of the business.


I don't care if you sell widgets. The rules of managing your inventory apply to every retail business. Please point me to another retail market where the store owners go to whine and give away all their trade secrets...to each other!

I know exactly what the problems with paintball players are. I have been approached several times about opening a field or store. It's not the type of business I want to be in for those same reasons. If you do not want to be in it either, get out. Nobody wants to hold your hand.

If you really are a dealer, which I am starting to doubt because you are also a manufacturer, here is a little tip on how you should have gotten rid of that Nerve. Raffle it off, give it away as a promotion, put it on ebay, use it yourself, package it with add ons to the point where somebody would have purchased it. I'm beginning to think you are one of the guys with an internet store only. Maybe you could'nt sell the Nerve because your store is in your garage. Proof?

Yes, I agree about holding back supply to a dealer that is circumventing "the spirit" of your policies about pricing. That does not apply to a dealer trying to get rid of one marker that he is stuck with. I'm not sure I would go as far as posting in a public forum that I support the ILLEGAL practice of price fixing.

YOUR QUOTE
another paragraph illustration you don't know what you're talking about. when the prices dropped to $950, did sp's spruce goose nerve sell? if it had, the price wouldn't be retailing at $450 now would it? at $950 it was still setting on the wall collecting dust. you have no awareness of your surroundings at all otherwise you'd know exactly what my greedy comment was all about. look around these forums and past your nose

MY ANSWER

They dropped the price on the ION and that SOB was selling like hotcakes! I know enough about my surroundings to know that I do not want 85% of my customer base to be 15 to 22 year old kids with no money. That and I have a pretty big nose!


Have nice day!

Last edited by pbgames : 04-07-2006 at 07:48 AM.
pbgames is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2006, 12:46 PM #65
SouthEastXtreme
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lantana, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootguy2002
I wanna know what the real field owners (myself) are supposed to do-I juse received 15 of the bloody things, and the nextg day they lower prices to what I pay (199$!!) WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF!
-Will
MetroPB
Use em in tourneys as prizes, youll probably make hella money off them then.
SouthEastXtreme is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 08:38 PM #66
p4inteater
40oz
 
p4inteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern Kentucky
i'm pretty sure oderpaintball.com has them for 189. the ion is so cheap now i feel like buying tons of them and throwing them up in the air like confetti. :xtremedodgy:
__________________
+25, -0

Marylandballa #6
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: Matt's advice is always win, tell that ***** to get you some waffle fries."
"Originally posted by AdamBomb V2:All in all I <3 Matt. Thanks for taking the time to help me with all that ****. Your the ****ing man. :tup:"
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: I'm turning Matt in for ruling the streets.And making it rain, on dem hoes."
p4inteater is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 09:05 PM #67
.Perrier.
Very nice!
 
.Perrier.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
smart parts told me that they droped becuase that was the initial price the ion was supposed to be

i dont like the drop becuase
) the mark up is better on the higher the price item
) now used ions that go for 150 will go for 110 maybe?!
) you cant even cut a guy a "deal/hook up" becuase the profit margin is soo low again
)edited in: stores should have recieved a notice i agree on that

i like this becuase
)you will sell more
) and hopefully have customer satisfaction and sell them upgrades
)edited in: you will get more customers becuase usualy once someone deals with you and everything goes smoothly, they will come back to not risk being scamed/taken advantage of
)edited in: this will help the sport grow becuase now a ion going for 199 or a tippmann 98 going for 119, the ion will probably sell, plus the store owner will be pushing the ion (you wont have to buy another gun, this gun uses bateries, this gun fires 17 bps, etc..)

overall there are always goods and bads
this has its pros and cons
but... life goes on

stop flaming smart parts
eventually dealers/store owners will recieve another price drop on the ion

the positive stuff is bascially what smart parts told me via aol

-Per
__________________
My Feedback +15!/-0

Last edited by .Perrier. : 04-07-2006 at 09:17 PM.
.Perrier. is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 09:20 PM #68
.Perrier.
Very nice!
 
.Perrier.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inteater
i'm pretty sure oderpaintball.com has them for 189. the ion is so cheap now i feel like buying tons of them and throwing them up in the air like confetti. :xtremedodgy:
if order has for that low they are breaking map laws and could get in to some trouble
im sure smart parts is having enough trouble with this
__________________
My Feedback +15!/-0
.Perrier. is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 09:37 PM #69
.Perrier.
Very nice!
 
.Perrier.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
another thing

Store owners, are missing a huge part of this,
this has created a huge window of oportunity for them
now estores will be selling for 199 and they will sell for 199
so there will be able to show the customer the same gun on a website for the same price, hence closing the sale

-Per
__________________
My Feedback +15!/-0
.Perrier. is offline  
Old 04-07-2006, 10:09 PM #70
shady123
$P ARMY
 
shady123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
on this subject i would say that sp did mess up with the whole dropping the price thing without letting any stores kno the price for the ion does seem high but wut can you do stores need to make a profit to stay open one of the early posts pisssed me off if your not a field owner/store owner gtfo of this thread u dont kno how the paintball business works thats all i have to say to the people that have alot of ions left gl with selling them

Ps i kno what im talking about becuase i actually manger a store
__________________
Strategy Plus Paintball Located in East Hampton CT
www.facebook.com/thedjjpo
Join me for my upcoming Scenario

Strategy Plus Presents: Russian Front IIV February 4th, 2012 BYOP
Looking for 2012 Vendors for our upcoming events! pm me for details
Purchase a SP scenerio membership for only $150.00
James O'Grady Field Manager
Email Myspace Website Forums SponsorsEbay
shady123 is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 01:04 AM #71
xCyrusx
Mowing hoes
 
xCyrusx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: oregon
Now that SP lowered their prices they sell more guns.....
__________________
Feedback +1 -0
PBWarehouse
Detroit strange fan #349
Joy division fan #479
Max Lundquist fan #30
xCyrusx is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:03 AM #72
GNARKILL! (Banned)
Los Angeles ~SO CAL!!~
 
GNARKILL!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In A shOe BoxXx
wow thats gay i just bought an ion like 3 weeks ago what a *** they are. but now i'm gonna get a proto and there prices went down to it used to be about 1000 or 999 now there 700
GNARKILL! is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:36 AM #73
Diablo92
 
 
Diablo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Diablo92 is a Supporting Member
Diablo92 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown65
that really sucks for all the people who bought them two weeks ago for 285. I never though a gun like that would go all the way down to 199.
Orderpaintball has 'em for $189.
__________________
Old feedback
Diablo92 is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:39 AM #74
lewdogg21
Sacpb.com M0d
 
lewdogg21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
lewdogg21 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm curious to see if my local shops will start carrying them again. At $199 I'm thinking this is going to hurt kingman quite a bit. I would imagine all of you shop owners have been feverishly creating up'd ions with basic upgrades to recover some of your profit margins.

In a sense dropping the price will cater to the weekend warrior spyder crowd (Kids & Dads) since $199 sounds drastically lower than $275 or $299. With an electro you will shoot more paint than your mech therefore paint sales should rise. How many times do you see kids burn off 200 balls while chronoing their guns or before a game starts with an ion.

As a recball player I do see the need to support my local shops and I do. Unfortunately when I receive marginal service or a part that is not intended for my application I will no longer do business with that shop.

lamorte =
__________________
"Originally posted by damcv56: That sounds like a fun night. I mean, I know a thing or two about **** and an asian whores ***, so it must have been one hell of a night."




Fogdoc.com = No fog period! GET SOME
PbNation Trust
lewdogg21 is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:48 AM #75
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA
 
CountyPaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: NJ
CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Orderpaintball is violating MAP with that price AND they're killing themselves while doing it. There's almost no profit at $199 so why sell it cheaper? Stores like orderpaintball are responsible for bringing down the whole retail industry. They undercut the legit stores (which hurts us) and make no profit while doing it (which ultimately hurts themselves). Who's going to be happy when we're ALL out of business because of stupid moves like that?
__________________
Mike Everland
http://www.CountySports.com
http://www.SharkTankNJ.com
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
CountyPaintball is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 11:42 AM #76
p4inteater
40oz
 
p4inteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern Kentucky
http://www.orderpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1189 well there it is @ www.orderpaintball.com for $189.99.

and sometimes stores get permission from the dealer because they buy so many. like home depot can sell a MAP item for lower than lets say a general store, because the supplier will tell home depot "you bought so many, you can sell them for LESS than MAP, so you can sell more, therefore earning us more money".

thats just the way it works.
__________________
+25, -0

Marylandballa #6
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: Matt's advice is always win, tell that ***** to get you some waffle fries."
"Originally posted by AdamBomb V2:All in all I <3 Matt. Thanks for taking the time to help me with all that ****. Your the ****ing man. :tup:"
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: I'm turning Matt in for ruling the streets.And making it rain, on dem hoes."
p4inteater is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 01:34 PM #77
KEFarris
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lawrence, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
KEFarris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inteater
http://www.orderpaintball.com/detail.aspx?ID=1189 well there it is @ www.orderpaintball.com for $189.99.

and sometimes stores get permission from the dealer because they buy so many. like home depot can sell a MAP item for lower than lets say a general store, because the supplier will tell home depot "you bought so many, you can sell them for LESS than MAP, so you can sell more, therefore earning us more money".

thats just the way it works.
Not trying to bash you.....however.....

you are wrong on almost every point.
KEFarris is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 PM #78
KEFarris
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lawrence, KS
 has been a member for 10 years
KEFarris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyPaintball
Orderpaintball is violating MAP with that price AND they're killing themselves while doing it. There's almost no profit at $199 so why sell it cheaper? Stores like orderpaintball are responsible for bringing down the whole retail industry. They undercut the legit stores (which hurts us) and make no profit while doing it (which ultimately hurts themselves). Who's going to be happy when we're ALL out of business because of stupid moves like that?

The real problem with this low a margin is customer service expectations can not be achieved. Its not the overhead/electricity/show room costs, it is the labor time making the gun work the way the customer expects it too. (as in function out of the box). Customers don't want to pay extra for warranties and services that they think are automatically due them, but are not priced into the product.
KEFarris is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 05:50 PM #79
takedown65 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY westchester
Also ion buyers will also need to fork over another 200-300$ for a tank and a good hopper. And if one buyer buys an ion the other buys a 98c. Which one do you think will be buying alot more paint?
takedown65 is offline  
Old 04-08-2006, 09:02 PM #80
shady123
$P ARMY
 
shady123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
about online stores most of them dont have the in stock items "in stock" the in stock means they can actually order them from the companies who makes the stuff for the most part how online trans action works is they set the price cheaper then they charge u for the shipping u buy a "in stock item" but it takes 4 days to ship? most online stores when orders r filled IE smartparts they say hey i need a ion shipped to this address then they ship it to ur house thats how most online stores work or they have a retail store with a dif name then the online store n they send it out from the shop to the custmors that go online
__________________
Strategy Plus Paintball Located in East Hampton CT
www.facebook.com/thedjjpo
Join me for my upcoming Scenario

Strategy Plus Presents: Russian Front IIV February 4th, 2012 BYOP
Looking for 2012 Vendors for our upcoming events! pm me for details
Purchase a SP scenerio membership for only $150.00
James O'Grady Field Manager
Email Myspace Website Forums SponsorsEbay
shady123 is offline  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:18 AM #81
Venom 13
New Orleans Venom # 13
 
Venom 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
 has been a member for 10 years
Venom 13 supports Empire
Venom 13 is All In
My sales rep at NPS did not inform me of the price drop. I placed a large Ion order the day bafore the drop. Dealers, you know the true wholsale and the percentage of drop, so you can understand. I tried calling Friday when they came in, but my rep was out for the day. I am calling Monday to see if I can be credited the difference. I will let you all know. Also, MSRP is a joke nowadays, b/c every online store automatically sells at MAP. So now when I do my profit margins, I just compare to MAP and buy what has the largest margin. Also, Ion body kits have decent markup.
Matt
__________________
New Orleans Venom and University of New Orleans paintball teams.
Venom 13 is offline  
Old 04-11-2006, 01:20 PM #82
Venom 13
New Orleans Venom # 13
 
Venom 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
 has been a member for 10 years
Venom 13 supports Empire
Venom 13 is All In
Luckily I was compensated for the price difference. Glad that ordeal is over, and hopefully they won't drop any lower.
__________________
New Orleans Venom and University of New Orleans paintball teams.
Venom 13 is offline  
Old 04-11-2006, 01:26 PM #83
twobnvd
 
 
twobnvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fredricksburg Va
 has been a member for 10 years
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
glad to hear they compensated you. That is truely the right thing to do at this point.. With the ION crave still going on not to sure why this did this.. But only thing I can think of is maybe the new model is about to come out.. Hope noone had NErves in there store if you think the ion caused some drama think if you had 10 nerves and the price just got cut by more than half that realy sucks for everyone except the consumer...
__________________
MY STUFF FOR TRADE http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3934050
twobnvd is offline  
Old 04-11-2006, 07:10 PM #84
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict
 
saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Yucca Valley Ca.
saint is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Well... what can I say???? I broke down and bought and ION... However I did buy it from my local store and plan on buying all my upgrades from him as well. Needed an extra gun for my nephew which I brought into my home. We were sharing my ego there for awhile. I will do my part by supporting my shop the best that I can. He had them in stock so I bought one with air bottle and all.

Godspeed to the paintball stores and fields.

Saint.
__________________
Hell is real..... Got Jesus?
Trade Feedback
CHRIST KREW
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!
saint is offline  
 




Posting Rules
Forum Jump