For some reason I doubt that it will come back at the end of the month. Here is how I see it:
Tony decided that an awesome April Fool's joke would be to deceive PBNation's members in believing that the dodgy is gone forever, removing it on April Fool's Day. Everyone knew that it was a joke, an unsuccessful joke at that, so the joke continued, either because it had no success and everyone caught on, so Tony decided to keep it going, thus trying to further deceive us, or it was part of the plan/joke all along, so that nobody would think it was a joke. Now Tony has everybody on the edge of their seats expecting the dodgy to come back (at the end of April), and if/when it doesn't, many people will think that it is indeed owned by Charles Frasier, which would make Tony successful, who would maybe bring it back soon, maybe not. Tony probably realized that removing the dodgy was a bad idea, since everyone knew what day it was posted on and because Charles Frasier of Smilies Direct was obviously a fake, so he is extending the disappearance of the dodgy which is the only way that he could further get everyone to not think it is a joke. I am only using Tony's name, but there very well could be others involved.
And for all those people who are buying this ****, here are a few reasons why this is obviously fake:
- Charles Frasier has NO proof that he owns the dodgy, all that this fictional character has to say is "my copyrighted... Work, [was] first published in 1999." If this was a truly a professional business matter, proof of this copyright would have been provided
- Tony, or any mod for that matter, hasn't even posted in this thread to defend the fact that it is not a joke, since they have no proof
- Smilies Direct does not exist, after much searching it is yet to be found. If Tony truly wanted us to believe that they are responsible he would provide proof, like a website. I know that he has claimed to not be able to find anything on this "Frasier character," but that is obviously a lie
- Countless posts in this thread contain dodgy .gifs, and Tony has not told anyone to stop the use of it since it still would be stealing the image and it would be on PBNation
- The dodgy still exists in many other online forums
- It was posted on April Fool's day
All those that still believe that Charles Frasier owns the rights to the dodgy, you must be the biggest ****tard this world has ever seen.
For the return of the dodgy, I would assume that after enough people were convinced he would bring it back (thinking that he successfully tricked us), or he might bring it back if we all persist that we know it is indeed a joke, no matter how long it lasts, be it one month, 5 months, or a year.
So Tony, what do you have to say about that? *****