PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-29-2006, 10:54 PM #1
Piranhaman131
SmallsPB killa

Angel Field Drama

So I'll give everyone not at HB the lowdown....
Well I was causally walking back to the nppl field from chronic after shooting some pics of HK. Well I look to my left to see Gary in an Ironmen Uniform (gasp), then as I look onto the actual field I see either ryan or nick (dont remember honestly) in the snake 50. Im like well **** this is a good game i gotta see this. Well it seems all the back got shot out on the ironmen and either nick or ryan (agian not sure) is left by himself. Well I didnt recognize the team they were against but it seemed to be a 3 on 1 against one of the shows bros. Well after an intense snap shooting contest agianst all 3 opposing players, one of the other players tried to bunker him. Missed completely and the refs walked over and just automatically pulled the show player out. Now I see Gary start freaking out and then bryon benini also started freaking out. Now what I want to know is how the hell did the refs get away with such a bad call. Im pretty sure I heard Gary say it costed the ironmen the tourney. So basically... what brother was playing? who was the opposing team? and what happened afterwards? Just curios and want the full story. If one of the shows could answer it would be great.

BTW was it Danny Williamson that tried to bunker the shows player?

Anywho thanks in advance for the answer. Those refs sucked horribly.

::Syntax:: for WDP forum Mod
FEED OF BACK
STOLEN
HK <3
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 PM #2
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995

ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick I think
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
Old 03-30-2006, 12:41 AM #3
GSLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranhaman131
So I'll give everyone not at HB the lowdown....
Well I was causally walking back to the nppl field from chronic after shooting some pics of HK. Well I look to my left to see Gary in an Ironmen Uniform (gasp), then as I look onto the actual field I see either ryan or nick (dont remember honestly) in the snake 50. Im like well **** this is a good game i gotta see this. Well it seems all the back got shot out on the ironmen and either nick or ryan (agian not sure) is left by himself. Well I didnt recognize the team they were against but it seemed to be a 3 on 1 against one of the shows bros. Well after an intense snap shooting contest agianst all 3 opposing players, one of the other players tried to bunker him. Missed completely and the refs walked over and just automatically pulled the show player out. Now I see Gary start freaking out and then bryon benini also started freaking out. Now what I want to know is how the hell did the refs get away with such a bad call. Im pretty sure I heard Gary say it costed the ironmen the tourney. So basically... what brother was playing? who was the opposing team? and what happened afterwards? Just curios and want the full story. If one of the shows could answer it would be great.

BTW was it Danny Williamson that tried to bunker the shows player?

Anywho thanks in advance for the answer. Those refs sucked horribly.
Well You almost have the entire story correct!!

It was Ryan Shows left.. He had a 3 on 1 going and Danny Miller tried to bunker him.. He missed and ryan shot him three times.. Danny said he shot Ryan and the ref just walked over and pulled his arm band.. The ref that pulled the arm band was standing behind Ryan on the sidelines...Did not check or anything.. The Ref that was standing down field facing the player that tried to bunker Ryan called Ryan clean!

Yes this did caused us to be eliminated from the finals! THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I HATE THE 7-MAN FORMAT... X-Ball takes the refs out of it.

The reffing at this event was horrible! They called a one for one on me on another field for a hit on the hand and I wasn't even hit.. The player that was supposedly the one that shot me even told the ref at the end of the game that he had missed!

The entire event was standing in lines to play just a few minutes of paintball and to be reffed by such poorly trained and incompetent Ref's. No restrooms by the fields but all the way back at the players area!!!

I cannot believe that players want such stuff..I heard someone say that this event was the biggest paintball event in the World.. You have got to be kidding.. The World Cup at Disney is so much larger and by far busier. The PSP just tries and spread everything out instead of cramming it all together so it doesn't look like some kind of swap meet... Anyway.. You have the story about that crappy call..

Gary

Last edited by GSLegacy : 03-30-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:57 AM #4
baver10

Would be a lot better if NPPL had trained refs too like PSP now does.

To top it, sounds like after every NPPL event, there is massive complaints about secruity, and never seems to improve.

Last edited by baver10 : 03-30-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:59 AM #5
Piranhaman131
SmallsPB killa

sweet deal Gary,
I too was very dissapointed with this event. But thats all covered in the nppl part of this forum. I walked behind everyone on the way back to the pits and Danny argued the whole back that he shot Ryan. Then i think it was angel from dynasty ran up, lifted up ryans jersey, exaimed both the jersey and pack and no hit/ welt was visible. ****ty call and X ball is more exiciting to watch anyways. Hopefully I play an X ball event this year. But thanks for the whole story. Way to much drama in the nppl...

::Syntax:: for WDP forum Mod
FEED OF BACK
STOLEN
HK <3
Old 03-30-2006, 09:51 AM #6
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would be furious. I also don't like 5 or 7 man formats, I really like X-ball for that exact reason. The Nppl should have clinics in reffing like the PSP offers. Also I believe refs are to easily persuaded today, like you said Gary all Danny had to say was that he shot Ryan then he pulled him.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 AM #7
hipv4xd
-

hipv4xd is a Supporting Member
i <3 gary.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:49 AM #8
daboss123
Straight - No Chaser.

daboss123 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipv4xd
i <3 gary.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:33 PM #9
zerofearo
Spraypaint ninja

amen gary!

the shirt that i always see you wear at psp and even nppl tournaments is the best. "if it were any easier it would be 7-man"

you the man!

legacy fan club member #123
JT TEAM PANTS HAND-MADE STYLE GRAY FOR SALE
Maximus fan club member #1
team spraypaint
Old 04-01-2006, 01:57 PM #10
GSLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofearo
amen gary!

the shirt that i always see you wear at psp and even nppl tournaments is the best. "if it were any easier it would be 7-man"

you the man!
It only states the truth! Everyone knows it.. I just choose to represent.. You know the line from the movie...

"Some can't handle the truth!"

O have a color for each day.. Shocktech sells them...

Gary
Old 04-01-2006, 02:56 PM #11
baver10

Haha