PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-28-2006, 09:32 AM #1
Commando22

has been a member for 10 years
so which is better the 05 or 06 ceptor

i know there is a thread like this a little farther down but it doesnt give any reasons for why the other is better for a particuler thing. im interested in buying and alien gun and play tournament paintball (cfoa and local). it would be great if you guys could give me the scoop on which is really better b/c all the articles i have read on the alien og and stuff doesnt seem to give an answer, it just shows differences. thanx again guys

btw i tried to search but it isnt working

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2006, 10:35 AM #2
dsilverman777
joined may 05-dsilverman7

search, this has been answered a lot.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:02 AM #3
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Here's the direct quote from Jack on the differences:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice
The '05 was built as a top quality tournament gun, very tight tolerances. I had to cut the price to $595. A lot of players seem to like that price range. The tolerances won't be as tight on the '06. BUT the meat on the body around the ram is thicker and most everything is a little bigger. So if you want a gun for tournaments AND you will care for it like a top quality gun get one of the few '05 I still have. BUT never play with it when one of the screws on the ram are loose, don't even think about playing with it if the screw under the trigger has fallen out. Use at least mid grade paint. It' a top quality gun - I think the best available, care for it.
OR
The chamber is a few thou bigger on the '06. Great for players who uses paint that are more often out of round. The back is a bit bigger but it will take more abuse. One screw missing? Take care of it before the next time you play, but go ahead and play. The wire passages are bigger and easier to align the wires for guys who have more thumbs than fingers. A little more play around the bolt for those guys who want to play without ever cleaning their stuff.
Others have noted that the 06 is going to be better with cheaper "field" paint. Right now the lighter all-Delrin bolt in the 06 seems to have a smoother feel, though a slightly skinnier version is apparently now available for the 05. Not much else to say. I don't think a head to head review has been done and it probably wouldn't reveal much noticeable difference anyway. They're both Aliens and are going to be excellent tournament performers.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:59 AM #4
Commando22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilverman777
search, this has been answered a lot.
well i take it you hardly read my post but its cool b/c my questions have pretty much been answered. thanks minds eye and thanks jack

btw do you think you could switch out the grip frames from 05 to 06 so that you would be able to adjust the spring tension?

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 03-28-2006, 03:28 PM #5
sniper zero
Rea[P]er

I don't think so... The grip frame on the '06 is probably a little bit bigger than that of the '05 and might not make a good fit (might have issues with the ram housing, but maybe not). Then again, I can't be sure... maybe Jack can give you a solid answer?

Reaper_X
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM #6
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Triger frames are not interchangeable
Old 03-28-2006, 09:23 PM #7
Gaelic Paintballer

so the 05 is more high-end, but the 06 has newer parts
Old 03-30-2006, 06:59 AM #8
moo_moo_face

The '05 was built as a top quality tournament gun, very tight tolerances. I had to cut the price to $595. A lot of players seem to like that price range. The tolerances won't be as tight on the '06. BUT the meat on the body around the ram is thicker and most everything is a little bigger. So if you want a gun for tournaments AND you will care for it like a top quality gun get one of the few '05 I still have. BUT never play with it when one of the screws on the ram are loose, don't even think about playing with it if the screw under the trigger has fallen out. Use at least mid grade paint. It' a top quality gun - I think the best available, care for it.
OR
The chamber is a few thou bigger on the '06. Great for players who uses paint that are more often out of round. The back is a bit bigger but it will take more abuse. One screw missing? Take care of it before the next time you play, but go ahead and play. The wire passages are bigger and easier to align the wires for guys who have more thumbs than fingers. A little more play around the bolt for those guys who want to play without ever cleaning their stuff.

ok so the 06 is lower mantince basicly. is the remains more like the 05 or 06 interceptor?
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old 03-30-2006, 09:51 AM #9
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Remains are better than both.
Remains have lower operating pressure on both inline and LPR, lighter, easier to take apart. Plus they are machined as to perfection.
Al got together with Thor (war)Venus (beauty) and Aphrodite (love, or is that lust) and they breathed on the Interceptor and transformed it into something that transcends the confides of mortal thinking and touches the divine.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:11 AM #10
thegear
Truck the USCG

thegear is a Supporting Member
thegear is a founding member
thegear supports Cereal Killerz 2
I play the CFOA also and if you want to test it out and maybe play a game with it. Let me know.
I will be at the next 5man and Xball events

The Gear
TL-Hawaii's First Xball team
[url]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:06 PM #11
Commando22

alright thats kool. what team/division do you play?

MYSPACE.....check it out
Old 03-30-2006, 04:25 PM #12
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Al got together with Thor (war)Venus (beauty) and Aphrodite (love, or is that lust) and they breathed on the Interceptor and transformed it into something that transcends the confides of mortal thinking and touches the divine.
Wow! Thor (Norse), Venus (Roman), Aphrodite (Greek), Al has put together a multi-national coalition to create the Gun of the Gods.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 PM #13
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

the only real differences i could tell between the 05 and the 06 is that the 05 seemed to feel a little smaller, and the 06 shot a little smoother. the stock 05 barrel is of better quality from what i got out of some posts, but i havn't really compared the two closely to notice a difference.

after shooting both, i liked the 06 a little more, only because it shot smother and has easily adjustable trigger spring resistance, but an 06 bolt in an 05 might change the shot smothness part.

i was playing indoor, so i cant really compare the trajectories of the two, but if the 05 has any performance edge on the 06, then it would probably be there. the 05 did seem a little lighter, it is a little smaller, and it comes with a better reg (a cp).

idk, i guess they are about equal.

KillWithGrace
Old 03-30-2006, 05:02 PM #14
moo_moo_face

Quote:
Remains are better than both.
Remains have lower operating pressure on both inline and LPR, lighter, easier to take apart. Plus they are machined as to perfection.
awesome, i can havea gun made by gods of many countries

but what i meant was, with the 06 its got for example the less tight fit in the breech.
does the remains have that or the tighter fit like in the 05?
thanks
o yea, its prety cool in my oppinion that the maker of the guns will actully post up and help out here.
cool stuff
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM #15
thegear
Truck the USCG

thegear is a Supporting Member
thegear is a founding member
thegear supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commando22
alright thats kool. what team/division do you play?

XBall: D1 Jax Intensity

5 Man, I will be helping our team.

Just come over and say hey

The Gear
TL-Hawaii's First Xball team
[url]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 PM #16
Commando22

alright i will and i take it the team is JI army? did jax intensity take 1st? if so congrats. we took first in begginers the first one but for some reason we didnt send a team to ga and idk why. our captin didnt say.

MYSPACE.....check it out