PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-27-2006, 12:19 AM #22
black/red outkast

has been a member for 10 years
I SHOT IT AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!

at first they had one that wasnt working so i got to dry fire it with no bolt... no kick sounds good.... come back later and shoot some rebals through it... the trigger was sloppy and bounced around a bit and it kicked like a timmy... nothing special at all... the guy said there is 1 o-ring so its simple to maintain.... but its nothing great
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2006, 12:25 AM #23
PureInsanity
dElish.

site or pictures would be nice if someone could post them

Play Pump
Old 03-27-2006, 12:28 AM #24
unseen187
Never been seeN

unseen187 is a Supporting Member
I loved it when I shot it. It was great. Here is some more info from a thread I made.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1466797

Marijuana Discussion Thread
Old feedback (65+)
Old 03-27-2006, 05:50 AM #25
Strikersforever
Israel, represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYEBiatch!
What site!?!?!?!?!?!
seriously

Powered by Matix
www.matixpaintball.com

*If you're a Jewish baller put this in your sig.*
Old 03-27-2006, 09:51 AM #26
Jari Kurri

Jari Kurri is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Galactic Fork
Shoot one and you'll regret getting anything else in the pricerange. Shockers need work after buying them to make them fast, the Legend just is fast.
Does that include the Promaster at half the price (380$)? Because after I got one of those it became hard for me to justify using more money on a marker. Superfast, very light, nice trigger, and very little kick. 750 for a spring returned, non-lpr marker seems like way to much.

"I am the Keymaster, are you the Gatekeeper?"
Old 03-27-2006, 10:01 AM #27
shocktoyoursystem12
-- EgoŽ --

pics?

"Originally posted by xball16: So this kid actualy drank bleach once? Wouldnt that kill u?"

------------>1/1 JT Team PAnts & MUCH MORE! <------------
DM6-500$!!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:46 AM #28
Idaballa

Idaballa owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cool
Old 03-27-2006, 11:31 AM #29
errington

that marker shoots nice, i cant decide, what one is better, pm6 or legend

L.A.W. SUPPORT....
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 PM #30
5_fo_1 (Banned)

I,d like to hear the logic on spring return being a bad thing.
I saw stinky from faction hit 25 Bps over the chrono, so its obviously fast enough, and the spring return means that the ram only takes 1/2 the air to cycle when compared to timmies/egos. no LPR to F-up, less hoses to pop off or break, less dynamic o-rings to go bad,........and the problem is???????
Old 03-27-2006, 03:45 PM #31
Jari Kurri

Jari Kurri is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_fo_1
I saw stinky from faction hit 25 Bps over the chrono, so its obviously fast enough, and the spring return means that the ram only takes 1/2 the air to cycle when compared to timmies/egos. no LPR to F-up, less hoses to pop off or break, less dynamic o-rings to go bad,........and the problem is???????
The problem is that on a 750$ marker (if that is what the price will be) you should have an lpr and air return ram (ar least I think so). Spring return have been used before on markers to save money (BKO, T1, Wrath etc) and dropping the lpr should make it even cheaper. So when the PM has both air return and lpr and is less than 400$ I think that its hard to justify a 750$ price tag on a gun that has neither. It may have other features that the PM lacks, but probably none that you cant fix with 350$ in uppgrades.

"I am the Keymaster, are you the Gatekeeper?"
Old 03-27-2006, 04:30 PM #32
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Kurri
The problem is that on a 750$ marker (if that is what the price will be) you should have an lpr and air return ram (ar least I think so). Spring return have been used before on markers to save money (BKO, T1, Wrath etc) and dropping the lpr should make it even cheaper. So when the PM has both air return and lpr and is less than 400$ I think that its hard to justify a 750$ price tag on a gun that has neither. It may have other features that the PM lacks, but probably none that you cant fix with 350$ in uppgrades.
Yup
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:05 PM #33
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
That's a pretty sound argument to me. If the price were lower, say to the point it would compete with the Defiant 2, I think they'd sell a lot more.

RIP DAN DONLON
Old 03-27-2006, 06:30 PM #34
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

shocktroop plays in the PSP
shocktroop plays in the APPA D3 division
I dont think it's worth 750.... way off. Just buy a wrath or T1... My T1 shoots like wonders but gettin rid of it.... So basicly the gun operation is a FASOR - Forward Air Spring Operating Return. those kind of guns aren't worth paying $750.... TRUST ME! just get a wrath or 02, or 03 if u want something similar...

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!
Rockin' a Champagne Eigen'd NXT Shocker

Old Feedback
Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 PM #35
ronin121 (Banned)
Flavor Flave!!

I shot one all tourny and never had a single problem. The gun shot ropes with not 1 chop the entire tourny and the efficiency was to die for, I would go air up every other game becasue I would only shoot about 1000psi with a hopper and 5-6 pods.
I dont see why people dont like the spring return. I think its a positive and I dont see why people see it as a neg. Ive shot EGOs and Ive shot a Legend and Ide go with the Legend any day.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM #36
splatterman
California Claxxtons

splatterman plays in the PSP
I shoot it all of hb, never choped at all. New feednecks will be made for these and probaly will be on the guns they sell as for now the people who are shooting them have ego feednecks on them and they have to put insert in it in order to make it fit, the new feedneck will fit right on. The reason it is spring return is to improve efficency which it has amazing efficency 7 pods and hopper with 1000 psi left on 45 45 for me
Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 PM #37
Guitarguy

I loved it, no kick, stupid fast.

Proud Member of the Lil Ryan Fan Club #1

Now N/-\te
Old 03-27-2006, 09:41 PM #38
splatterman
California Claxxtons

splatterman plays in the PSP
for those asking www.infinitypaintballproducts.com
Old 03-27-2006, 10:15 PM #39
flaminpaintball8
smart parts= NAZI

i shot the legend but wasn't that impressed with it, its $750 and is spring returned, you can get a promaster and new board for like 450$ or a fs-8 for 750$ or the new alien for 800$, don't get it.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post22850960
my feedback^^ +9 -0
previously posted by P8NT BALLA:really?............looks heavy with all that milling
Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM #40
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
The more I hear about this gun, the more excited I get.

RIP DAN DONLON
Old 03-28-2006, 02:11 PM #41
5_fo_1 (Banned)

Quote:

I do believe you are have a vild point on the pricing, however I just dont believe its right to say its not a solid marker because it uses a return spring. (yes, I know you didn't say it, but others gave that impression)
Old 03-28-2006, 05:56 PM #42
InfinityPaintball (Banned)

Finally someone with a brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_fo_1
Let me explain why our Spring return is better than the others before us.
By using a spring. You no longer have to use an LPR and you also have no problems that every gun has with LPR's.
Air return Rams being faster is a bunch of bull.
If you came by our booth and shot the gun in simulate mode. You would have seen our gun cycle well over 40 cycles per second.
No we didn't shoot paint that fast but we proved that the bolt will cycle faster with a spring return.
Air is very fast but you still have to wait for the valve to switch and air to fill the front air chamber of the ram as well as draining all the air from the back of the ram.
The spring applies force to the ram right away with no delay's.
We use a QEV to release the air on the back of the Ram.
By getting rid of the LPR, we use higher pressure to force the ram forward. Much like a Shocker or Ion.
A couple other guns have tried a spring return and NO LPR but they are missing a few key elements that I'm not going to point out, because I don't want to help them fix their guns.

The Legend is priced at $750 because of the Machining, Custom W.A.S. board and all the R&D that went into the gun to make it what it is.

I was very proud in HB to see Stinky on Faction have his gun pulled by the Ref 4 times. I gaurantee the Legend is the first spring returned gun to ever be pulled by a Ref.

We have received lots of good input from all 26 players that played with the gun in HB.
We plan on changing,
Grips
A few sharp edges on the body.
feed neck
Machine markes on the gun.

Air efficiency has surpassed our wildest dreams.
everyone says they can shoot 11 - 12 pods per game easy.

Internally the gun is perfect. We will have the other few things changed with-in the next two weeks.

We already have alot of name on our preorder list so I suggest you get yours on their if you want one.

Glenn