Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-29-2002, 06:55 PM #1
TheDuelist
Office Use Only

has been a member for 10 years
LVL 10 Maintenance

I am not new to the AGD scene. I have owned a classic AM and an RT but I am currently considering coming from a Matrix to the PTP Micro Emag. I'd like to know what kind of maintenance issues there are with the level 10 setup as far as frequency of preventive maintenance, adjustment issues per shots fired, etc.

Basically what I would like to know is if the thing is a maintenance ***** or not. My brother still has my old classic that sits on a shelf for two years and still shoots fine when we decide to dust it off and need it as a back up. Can the Emag compare although not to the same extreme?
Old 10-29-2002, 08:10 PM #2
Load SM5
Watching You Poo

Load SM5 is a Supporting Member
Load SM5 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Load SM5 donated to help Peyton Trent
Level 10 is in no way a maintenace pig. Get an RT repair kit and a few extra bolt bumpers. Level 10 seems to be a little harder on them but AGD is already on the problem. Once you get the o-ring broken in and drop down a carrier size (500 shots or so later) you should'nt have to mess with it at all.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:23 PM #3
Virus

when you first install the LvX.... it can be a pain for the non-mag savvy......

pretty much.... head over to automags.org there is a thread that explains how it works and how to install..... as one of the beta testers.... i had even less to go on other then how agd suggested.... and about 20 cases later my mini w/retro valve (and my stock minimag valve) are still going strong.....

as far as maint. goes.... oil is your friend... if after installing the LvX mod you seem to be getting bolt stick out of the blue your mag is saying oil me......

other then that on the retro based valves (retro/rtpro/emag/sfl/extreme)... the bumpers seem to not last as long.... but i have been told that as long as the center hole (that goes around the powertube) is still fairly round you should be ok..... myself i change it after about every 10-15 cases worth of paint through it..... last i heard agd was lookin into updating the bumper to make them last longer...... but untill then... they are cheap enough to get through their online store....

miniRT w/LvX, zgrip, 14"jnj/8.5taso, 68/4.5k flatline
micromag/ 12" systemX barrel, dz2/88ci4.5khyperflow
sovereign2, 12"dye/stock hellfire, shockteck d/f, gladiator reg, 68ci4.5k conquest