Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-20-2006, 04:19 PM #1
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

has been a member for 10 years
Jenkins' Predictions version HB.103

Jenkins' Predictions Version HB
Hi. Welcome to my predictions thread. I have taken a lot of time to pair up every team and see how well they'll play against each other. Remember, these are my opinions, and I am not trying to write the results for HB when it hasn't even started yet. I have taken a lot of time to do this and do not want my thread filled with 4-letter derogatory words from 13 year old pre-pubescent little kids. I do, however, accept constructive criticism. Thanks for your time.

Professional Division

Field I - NPPL

Oakland Empire v Ironmen
For the first match of the first tournament of 2006, they definitly picked two good teams to play. Ironmen, one of the oldest legends of Paintball, and one of the most world-renowned farm team in the world, vs Oakland Empire, one of the newest, but competetive team in the world. Old school vs new school. With the signing of Olliver Lang's leadership skills, heart, and determination, I see him showing the paintball scene just how compatible he is with the Ironmen.

Ironmen > Oakland Empire.

PTW(Player's to watch): Ollie Lang

New England Hurricane's v Pittsburgh All Americans
NEH still has a lot to prove, but I see a lot of potential for '06. NEH is a team made up of a lot of great players, and did fair last year.. Pittsburgh All Americans, on the other hand, is old school. Around for a while, and winning the NXL in '03,but, that was 3 years ago. Unfortunatly, I see a Philly American downfall coming.

NEH > All American's

PTW: Scott Maher

Stockholm Joy Division v Anaheim Sedition
Joy Division is still one of my personal favorites. They're a great team, and definitly very respectable. Unfortunatly, they have a large set back being overseas. But, I feel they have proved themselve's and will continue to this season.

Joy Division > Sedition
PTW: ---

London Nexus v Ironmen
London Nexus has always been a team you knew, but never really heard about. They've always been good, but not a headline team. They don't have the best of players, and they don't usually win any events. I don't see them doing well against the regenerated Ironmen.

Ironmen > London Nexus
PTW: Ollie Lang

St. Louis Avalanche v Philadelphia Assassins
Avalanche has always been a decent team. Assassins are pretty well, and this would generally be a decent match. BUT, Avalanche just started an uprising, instead of a downfall.

Avalanche > Assassins
PTW: Kyle Pickrone

Chicago Evil v OC Bushwackers
Evil and Bushwackers are both reputable teams. A lot of good teams have players with roots going back to Bushwackers. I feel the Bushwackers are more of a farm team, than a pro team.

Evil > Bushwackers
PTW: --

DC Arsenal v New York NRG

These two teams are two of the best in the NPPL. I see this as a good matchup.

NRG > Arsenal
PTW:

New England Hurricanes v London Nexus
New England Hurricanes is a very good team, dating back a couple years. London Nexus, is also a team dating back a couple years. Unfortunatly, Nexus has a disadvantage. NEH is getting trained week after week by the great competition in America. If Nexus finds decent / good competition overseas, either they play against them a lot, and develop bad habbits, or they don't play them often enough.

Hurricanes > Nexus
PTW:

San Diego Dynasty v Philadelphia Assassins
Dynasty, as we all know is one of the strongest, if not the strongest team in the world. Dominating last year, I don't see the Assassins as a problem at all.

Dynasty > Assassins
PTW: Alex Fraige

Joy Division v Chicago Evil
Two teams very competetive with each other. This match will be coming down to who practiced most in the off season.

JD > Evil
PTW: Scott Maher

GAME OF THE EVENT!![/color]Sacramento XSV v New York NRG
Oh god..where to start...XSV and NRG are part of the "Jenkins' top 5 club". Only 5 teams get in, and yes, we have jackets. Unfortunatly, XSV is also part of the "Jenkins' top 2 club", and NRG isn't.

XSV > NRG
PTW: The whole ****ing team. For both of them.

Pittsburgh All Americans v Philadelphia Assassins
All Americans are one of the better teams playing the HB Event. Unfortunatly, the Assassin's are not.

AA > Assassin's
PTW: --

New England Hurricanes v Los Angeles Infamous
NEH is definitly a dominating team. They've been working up the ladder for a couple season's now, and have a roster packed of prospects.

Infamous > NEH
PTW: Glaze.

Anaheim Sedition v New York NRG
NRG is one of the newer teams in the NPPL, but doesn't have new faces. Players from great roots work together to make this team good. I look for NRG to go far this season, and far this tournament.

NRG > Sedition
PTW: All of NRG

**** I've said something for every, or just about every team. I think you all know where I'm heading, so I'm just going to put PTW, and who's going to win. ****

Stockholm Joy Division v Miami Rage
Rage > JD
PTW: Ziggy Moonbeam

St. Louis Avalanche v Pittsburgh All Americans
Avalanche > AA
PTW: Erik Westerberg

San Diego Dynasty v London Nexus
Dynasty > Nexus

DC Arsenal v Anaheim Sedition
Arsenal > Sedition
PTW: JC Whittington or Paul p4

Sacramento XSV v Chicago Evil
XSV > Evil
PTW: Greg Hastings woohoo

Oakland Empire v Pittsburgh All Americans
Empire > AA

New England Hurricanes v Philadelphia Assassins
NEH > Assassins
PTW: Thomas Mantoni

Portland Naughty Dogs v Anaheim Sedition
Naughty Dogs > Sedition
PTW: Rocky Knuth

Stockholm Joy Division v New York NRG
NRG > JD
PTW: All of NRG

Los Angeles Infamous v Ironmen
Infamous > Ironmen
PTW: Glaze

Oakland Empire v St. Louis Avalanche
Avalanche > Empire
PTW: Ben Chewning

Miami Rage v OC Bushwakers
Rage > Bushwackers
PTW: Ziggy Moonbeam

Portland Naughty Dogs v DC Arsenal
Naughty Dogs > Arsenal
PTW: Rocky Knuth

Los Angeles Infamous v Pittsburgh All Americans
Infamous > AA
PTW: Glazanator

San Diego Dynasty v St. Louis Avalanche
Dynasty > Avalanche
PTW: Angel

Miami Rage v Anaheim Sedition
Sedition > Rage

Sacramento XSV v DC Arsenal
XSV > Arsenal
PTW: All of XSV

Los Angeles Infamous v Longon Nexus
Infamous > Nexus
PTW: Glaze

San Diego Dynasty v Oakland Empire
Dynasty > Empire

Miami Rage v Chicago Evil
Evil > Rage

Sacramento XSV v Portland Naughty Dogs
XSV > Naughty Dogs
PTW: All of XSV, Rocky Knuth

Last edited by CRJENKINS14 : 03-20-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2006, 04:20 PM #2
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

*** EDIT *** I just found out I can't use over 20 images. Sweet. <insert dodgy here. Yes, that's right, I also found out smileys count as images. <insert dodgy here, again>> I considered doing the preds in seperate pages, doing ~ 10 preds each thread, but soon realized 1) that'd be pointless and 2) would take ****ing forever. Sorry for the inconvenience of having random logos, I intended for each team to have one <insert frown here>

Now I'm assuming you're asking, "what about field two's games?". Well, this took me a couple of days, alone. I have no interest in doing the 2nd half, inwhich has the same teams and a couple different matchups.

I'd like to thank a couple of people.
The US Military over seas. If someone predicts them to win and they don't, they don't get to play another match 10 mins later. God bless.
All the guys from ECC
All the guys reppin the East Coast
HK Army
Dr. Macman, who just operated on my toe. Yes, my toe. You see, my left toe had an ingrown toenail, and got infected. After this, I got to go to walmart and ride around in the little buggys. It was generally fun until I knocked over a whole display of condoms(I was getting my perscription filled for my anti-biotic, and was just driving in circles, and backing up randomly. And I knocked down the extra small "sensitive" condoms.)
And lastly, my mother, for the endless supply of animal crackers and Vault.

Hope to see you in Tampa!

All of these logos have been taken from different sites around the internet. Mostly from the team's personal sites. All these images are copyright to their rightful owners.

-Jenkins

tl;dr I just wrote a novel on how HB06 is going to turn out, so ****ing scroll up and start reading.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:58 PM #3
JmanW742
VcK

eh some of them seem reasonable...but ur showin the all americans no love at all considering they played amazing at the texas open...
Old 03-20-2006, 07:18 PM #4
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

Meh, they are a good team, but I don't think they'll be doing all that good against these teams. I'm sure I pred'd wrong on a match or two.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:42 PM #5
paintball2910

the all americans have practiced NEH and did very well against them. im going to have to say AA will win over NEH.

EDIT: if the DC Arsenal in your signature means you play with them, then ive probably seen you up at AAPP practicing philly.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 PM #6
STLhitmen06

mad props to you, i think you did a great job showing all the teams love. But I do think that everyone needs to watch out for the St. Louis Avalanche. I saw them practicing last weekend and they are no joke. Brandon Mayo is going to HB looking for a Victory...i really do think he is a player to watch for this tournament...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post22966493
Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his dad did.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:24 PM #7
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLhitmen06
mad props to you, i think you did a great job showing all the teams love. But I do think that everyone needs to watch out for the St. Louis Avalanche. I saw them practicing last weekend and they are no joke. Brandon Mayo is going to HB looking for a Victory...i really do think he is a player to watch for this tournament...
Yes, I do feel that Avalanche will do decent at the minimum this year. BUT, I have not seen them play with the addition of the Farside guys. It'll either be nothing but good, or nothing but bad.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:25 PM #8
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

119 views and 3 comments?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:50 PM #9
BigCountry

Great job on writing this all up.

Quick question- Did Aftershock disband or are they only playing PSP?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:08 PM #10
Jenious
Alaskan Paintballer

Jenious is a Supporting Member
I'm really not impressed with any of your predictions, not to mention you seem to barely mention much about the Naughty dogs. For the 3rd place over all team of 05 you seem to give them very little attention.

But its cool that your putting in all this work, I respect that, I just dont agree with your reasons/opinions at all.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:45 PM #11
paintball2910

its the first event of the season...maybe hes just going off who he thinks has worked harder on the offseason...im sure theyll be more accurate throughtout the season
Old 03-21-2006, 07:54 PM #12
pinky
Vintage Paintball

pinky is a founding member
pinky is a Professional paintball player
pinky is an Ultimate field/store owner
pinky plays in the USPL
pinky plays in the PSP
pinky plays in the APPA Pro division
Your an idiot.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:46 PM #13
CRJENKINS14 (Banned)
2nd Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky
Your an idiot.

I think I said somewhere in the first post that I don't want anyone with the maturity level of 13 and below posting. I'm an idiot, you say? Tell me why. Thanks.

And to the comment about the naughty dogs: I do like them, honestly. It just seems like they're not really going to be contending very much anymore. They haven't done much to set themselves apart from the rest. Most teams either improved their roster by gaining a new player(s), or completely revamped their roster. You may say that they don't need to, but they finished 3rd last season - they're not doing everything right.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:58 PM #14
brizzlepimp
TK: LIKE A BOSS

brizzlepimp is a Supporting Member
brizzlepimp plays in the PSP
brizzlepimp plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree with a lot of your predictions but NY NRG is gonna stomp XSV. I practiced with both teams and Arsenal on Sunday and NRG was unstoppable. I feel sorry for anyone playing pro against those three teams. they were animals.
PK fan club #3
<<<<<<<$INFECTIOUS$>>>>>>
Old 03-22-2006, 04:42 PM #15
Goooler
HATE SOULJAH ARMY

Goooler is a Supporting Member
Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry
Great job on writing this all up.

Quick question- Did Aftershock disband or are they only playing PSP?
Shock is only playing NXL in the 2006 season.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:11 PM #16
paintballa49
R.I.P IEP

paintballa49 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballa49 supports our troops
Wow...amazing write up and fun to read.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:22 PM #17
donstaramos

nice write up, but your not giving the all americans any respect, having them lose every game? and they won texas? i think you should reevaluate their squad

Big sale - Events, halo, crossfire tank, profiler, More!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1873695
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 AM #18
Jenious
Alaskan Paintballer

Jenious is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJENKINS14
I think I said somewhere in the first post that I don't want anyone with the maturity level of 13 and below posting. I'm an idiot, you say? Tell me why. Thanks.

And to the comment about the naughty dogs: I do like them, honestly. It just seems like they're not really going to be contending very much anymore. They haven't done much to set themselves apart from the rest. Most teams either improved their roster by gaining a new player(s), or completely revamped their roster. You may say that they don't need to, but they finished 3rd last season - they're not doing everything right.
Still dont agree with you

3rd place isnt good enough in your book? I think they got a hella hard line up for xball (ironmen, xsv, trauma, americans) they played none of the bottom nxl teams (leagacy, ultimate, xtreme, raiders, assaisins played badly). I think they played tough games for all of texas open all of which were prety close games plus there is the fact that 3/4 of the matches they played had the winner going to the finals. At nppl they have more practice and experince and I expect to see them in semi finals for sure, most likely finals.

Last edited by Jenious : 03-23-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 AM #19
Rapaball89. (Banned)
Im a 2k5'er

your estimate said Naughty Dogs were going to do alright
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM #20
CrJenkins13

Guys, you have to remember the teams I said were going to do bad I had decent reasons. Naughty Dogs, for instince, is playing good teams. I only did HALF the games, because it was taking a lot longer than I assumed. Im sure the 2nd day the teams I said weren't going to do good will be doing fine.

Thanks for the props

Oh, and btw, I am CRJenkins14