Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-12-2001, 09:21 AM #1
icewax
True Colors

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation HELP, my velocity wont go past 225 fps

i have the inline reg turned all the way up and it will only shoot at 225 fps.....???

Are there any other adjustments i need to make?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2001, 09:31 AM #2
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

what kind of reg do you have? do you have any other mods you got recently? try rapid firing for a while, if your marker stops shooting then you have the same problem as me.

*Looking for Red Sculpted High-rise and site rail
Old 08-12-2001, 09:40 AM #3
icewax
True Colors

its a shocktech matrix...
Old 08-12-2001, 09:42 AM #4
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

Ok so you have mostly the same upgrades as me, and I was having the same problem except that with the reg turn up I couldn' t rapid fire very long or the gun would just stop shooting

Old 08-12-2001, 10:08 AM #5
icewax
True Colors

the gun works fine... fast as hell... just the velocity is only at 225 and the reg doesnt go any higher..
Old 08-12-2001, 10:12 AM #6
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

ok well if you haven't already just put a few drops of oil through it then or take it apart and lube it with dow.

Old 08-12-2001, 10:15 AM #7
icewax
True Colors

it brand new... it has plenty
Old 08-12-2001, 11:39 AM #8
Slajm

My problem is similar but i can atleast reach 160 fps. Im running on a trinity and a maxflow, I do increase velocity when i screw the inline but only so far..... Im gonna dump the reg and run straight from my maxflow. I think my problem vill go away then.... I suspect u have the same problem. The original reg simply sux is my guess... But you sad you had an shocktech matrix, It should have an l33t reg on it. Im not familiar with the shocktech setup when it comes to settings and new parts.... But try to run without the inline reg. The bolt-reg can also be the culprit. Have you screwed it in all the way to?. I cant say im an expert but try to....

1: remove the inline reg and replace it with an frontgrip or such
2: Run from a high performance hpa system, max-flo, conquest, centerflag and such. (but no more then 180 psi)
3: screw the bolt-reg out all the way so it wont let the bolt move by itself, then turn and fire until it starts to move, then turn 1/2 turn more.

Thats what im gonna do, but as of yet I dont know if it will work.... Good luck!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:40 AM #9
Slajm

I mean 260 fps....
Old 08-12-2001, 02:06 PM #10
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
what about the shocktech slevel are they not include with the shocktech matrix (sorry i dont know alot about them) if they are inclued with the gun I sujest you take it out and seeing what happend. I know that they can affect the velocity of the matrix and no matter what you do the velocity will stay the same only until you take the sleve out so my sujestion for you is take your sleve out of your matrix,lower your reg pressure so you dont blow your selniod and then try it and see if your problem is still happening.

DKD

Last edited by DuMb-KiD-dReW : 08-12-2001 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2001, 04:00 PM #11
ES13Raven
Miso Horny

ES13Raven is a Supporting Member
You can try taking out the Shocktech Sleeve, but you will need to replace it with the stock sleeve..........you can't just "take it out"

Also, which way are you turning your reg? If you are looking at it from the bottom, clock-wise increases velocity.........
"Wipers deserve to be overshot"
Old 08-12-2001, 06:21 PM #12
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Buy a stock spacer tube... if you can find one. I think if you contact Procaps or some other Matrix center, you could find someone who has a stock spacer or 2.

It is definately your spacer tube.

If your solenoid hasn't blown yet, and it doesn't sound like it has, it won't, once you change the spacer, because its already been getting the same pressure. You're velocity with a normal spacer should be around 320, if you leave your reg as is.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-12-2001, 09:52 PM #13
Venom
We Are Venom

Question Kinda the same problem

Hey im is Toping out at about 275fps. My imput in to the beehive is about 500-600 psi. Its brand new should i run some lube though the beehive?

Also does anyone have the order in which the parts go in the Matrix you know the bolt and stuff that would be very helpful. The place i bought it from gave me a 1 1/2 year warntty on it and said not to touch it, But i feel like having my gun working when i go to play and not have them giving me a new one every month. humm *evil though comes to mind*
Old 08-12-2001, 10:03 PM #14
ES13Raven
Miso Horny

ES13Raven is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Venom
Also does anyone have the order in which the parts go in the Matrix you know the bolt and stuff that would be very helpful.
Yeah.......in the FAQ
"Wipers deserve to be overshot"
Old 08-13-2001, 12:25 AM #15
BunkerKingLE

THis may help
1. Dis-assemble reg and lube required parts.
2. turn reg out so there is no pressure going through.
3. Properly lube internals.
4. make sure no air lines are damaged and are in proper working order
5. If you have an adjustable tank set to at least 450 to 600.
6. slowly turn in beehive reg while chronoing gun.
Someone had said there gun stopped fring. remove the breech and if your bolt is sticking there is to much pressure. If it still continues it is the spacer.