Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-11-2001, 11:43 PM #1
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

has been a member for 10 years
Messed Up Matrix at Pev's: The Sequel

Apparently I can't play with my Matrix a PEv's without it being broken. Allright, so I played a little while ago at VAG, and my gun was working fine, aside from a little bolt stick. I went out and got a Tourny Chip to solve this. My reg had had a little problem, when my tank go tdown to 1000psi or less, my marker would stop shooting unless I cranked the beehive up. A little grease solved this. So I go to play today and my marker is shooting at a really low velocity, so I turn the beehive up until I can turn it no more and I still can't get above 250fps. I was running 600 psi into the beehive and tried running 300 psi into it, but to no avail, so I put back to 600. (The reg was screwed all the way in, and I was running 600 into it. Could that have been it?) So I leave it alone at that and go to play. First when I go to test shoot I have to shoot a few times before the gun cycled (sp?) like what happens when you get bolt stick. Well that only happened once so I dismissed it. So off the break I try to rapid fire and get off about 12 shots when the shots start dropping and then stop shooting altogether. So I turn the beehive down until it starts shooting at a somewhat regular velocity, and that seemed to work. I chronoed after that game and was shooting around 240fps. I went to play another game and shot about 100rds and the marker seemed fine. Next game after rapid fire the aforementioned problem occured. Turning the reg down didn't work, and after that game nothing I did to try to fix it worked either (Adjusting the Trinity, Lubing the bolt, changing batteries, etc.) The more I tried to use it the worse the problem seemed to get. If I waited a little bit everytime after the marker stopped shooting, I got another 5 or 6 balls out before it stopped shooting again. I didn't need to lube the beehive because it had recenty been lubed with dow and I had not played with it since.
So, does anybody know what's wrong with my Matrix?
I'm guessing it's the beehive, this is the first time this has happened to me.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Elias

*Looking for Red Sculpted High-rise and site rail

Last edited by ELiAs : 08-12-2001 at 03:01 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2001, 01:43 AM #2
pbjunky86
Awaiting Email Confirmation

if you bought it from Pev's just take it back and they should fix it for free.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:22 PM #3
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

If all else fail I'll take it to PEv's.
Anyways I took apart the beehive to see if there was anything wrong in the reg that I could see. I didn't notice anything but when I tried to put back together I could not. There was way to much resistance from the big spring to put it together so the threads would lock. Without the big spring I could do it, with it I can't. So I'm wondering if you guys notice anything wrong with the order of the internasl of the reg, that I don't. (Yesterday I was suffering from teh worst case of heat exhaustion I have ever had so I don't really remember what the order was when I took it apart.)
Thanks a bunch

Pic of the Reg

Last edited by ELiAs : 08-12-2001 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2001, 03:36 PM #4
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

Thanks a lot Cornholio.
Alright the solves some of the problem. The is back together again but there is still something wrong with my marker. It seems to have gotten worse, now it only shoots once before the bolt stops moving.

Last edited by ELiAs : 08-12-2001 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2001, 08:18 PM #5
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
hrmm, even though i did buy it from Pev's Paintball, i do'nt think many of them know how to fix Matrices. which one store do you goto? Rob works at the Fairfax store everyday but he dosn't know jack about Matrices. BTW, are you guys interested in practicing with us at VAG on the 26th? we've got the speedball field to ourselfs ;-)
Old 08-13-2001, 12:07 AM #6
pbjunky86
Awaiting Email Confirmation

todd works at the fairfax one and he knows alot about Matrixes,and #1paintballer what size team ?
Old 08-13-2001, 12:40 AM #7
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
well Todd dosn't have a set time when he comes in, he just pops in and out anytime he wants.

currently a 3 man team, only me and another guy will be there though. There will also be a 3 man team fomr Richmond that might be joining our team comming too. I think they r NPPL AmB expirenced. Team Anger Managment (sucky team) will be there too for us to max out .
Old 08-13-2001, 09:40 AM #8
WhataSpaz
Slacker 1st. Class

Take it back to Pev's

Elias

Take it to Sterling and let Dennis or Brian look at it. They are certified to work on the Matrix. Dennis works on Monday's so get it there today if you can.
Old 08-13-2001, 11:09 AM #9
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Yeah!

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 08-13-2001, 12:45 PM #10
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

Ok Thanks guys, I'm taking it back to PEv's STerling today.
#1P8ntballer, I'll see if we can maek to VAG on the 26th, cause we have a tournament the week before that.