Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-11-2001, 07:16 PM #1
fox149
§Killa§

has been a member for 10 years
Think i might get a ripper timmy, but not sure

Ok im bout to get a new gun for free, i can get whatever i want cause its bein givin to me. Im considering a ripper timmy, but i don't know to much about these guns, my other choices are an f5, cobra angel, or adrenalin angel(can't make up my mind) so if u would tell me some of the good things bout the timmys and what all u get with a ripper timmy i would be thankful

-§Will§-

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2001, 12:20 PM #2
timmyowner4life

How come you are getting a gun for free? I wish I could get a gun for free lol. I am 16 and I have to pay for everything myself. I wouldn't give up my timmy for anything though I love it. It is the greatest gun ever, and I have never chopped one paintball.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:39 PM #3
Paintball Ghost
I am Addicted

All the choices you have presented are equally good and extremely fast, but with guns that fast your only real choices are the f5 and timmy(because at such high rates of fire the angels are going to chop and since the f5 and timmi have eyes they wont nearly as much, mine has never chopped). The only way I would buy one of the angels over a stock timmy is if you can shoot over 14bps because the timmy(in stock configuration)maxes at 14bps. If that were the case I would then just get a timmy with the semi only board that cannot be outshot.

Also the timmi is large but suprisingly light mine with 68/45 max flow weighs just over 6 lbs where my micromag weighed signifigantly more.
I have not heard good things about the reliability of f5 but don't take my word for it because I have no experiance with them.
Also if you are worried about the eye on a timmi don't it is designed very well and will turn itself off if something goes wrong so you can play through the rest of the game and then clean the sensors later.
The only thing I don't like about the timmi is that the bolt isn't enclosed like on the angel and matrix(and countless others).

Sorry its so long enjoy whatever you get though
Old 08-16-2001, 01:47 PM #4
capaintballer

My opinion

I love my timmi but there are a few things that I don't like about it and keep me from saying that it is absolutely the best gun out there:

- the way the whole battery is set up, not that it requires a nine volt, but that there is no indicator of how much power you have left in the battery except for a blinking red light right before it runs out. This can be quite annoying as one time my battery just ran out during a game and there was nothing I could do.

-the open bolt. I guess its just a matter of preference but I really wish the timmi didn't have an open bolt system. It can get annoying when the bolt hits you in your goggles because you had the gun too close to your face.

-the LCD set up. I really wish there were a way to save your settings for stuff like the game time (for example). Also, it would be nice if it had some kind of audio thing (like counting down game time or indicating low battery) to go with the LCD screen. This is only a minor thing though and isn't that big of a deal.

Other than this stuff a timmi is an excellent gun, I'm just not sure if given the opportunity I wouldnt' rather own an angel.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:58 PM #5
Paintball Ghost
I am Addicted

How do you hit your goggles with your bolt the metal thing below it sits out about a half an inch further you would have to set you visor in the grove to accomplish that(not a flame but an honest question).
Old 08-16-2001, 05:06 PM #6
fox149
§Killa§

Thanx for all the info, keep it comming, im gettin the free gun because i was real sick a while back and im gettin to do one of those make a wish things, so i decided to get another pball gun, i've done a lot of lookin into all the guns that i mentioned and after lookin at the info that the people sent me from the make a wish foundation it looks like i have to give them three choices for my wish so i think ill just put down the ripper timmy, adrenalin, and the f5 and see what i get. I like all these guns and everyone seems to think that they all perform about the same, except for a few minor things but that really no big deal, and thanx again for all the input

-§Will§-

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-17-2001, 11:35 AM #7
sygyzy

sygyzy is a Supporting Member
Translation:

Mommy and daddy are loaded and love me. Bling bling.
All markers for sale
Old 08-17-2001, 12:20 PM #8
fox149
§Killa§

not really, i pay for all my own equipment, and considering what i had to go through to get this Make A Wish foundation thing, i don't think that im all that lucky considering that at on point there was a chance that i wasn't gonna make it, but i did. So i would appreciate it if u wouldn't put dumb *** comments like that, thanx.
-§Will§-

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-17-2001, 01:11 PM #9
sygyzy

The way you worded it, it was "liked one of those make a wish things" , I didn't know you were actually going through the real Make-A-Wish Foundation.

If that is the case, then there are some problems. First they only grant wishes to terminal patients, that is patients are not going to make it. Kind of a last wish thing. You obviously got over whatever ailment that was harming you, so why do you get this wish.

Also, make a wish's are big. They are things like Visit England, Fly with the Blue Angels, Meet the Queen of England. Why would you choose to get a paintball gun?

I'd appreciate it if you didn't curse.
All markers for sale
Old 08-17-2001, 01:24 PM #10
Venom
We Are Venom

Talking Well if your smart. . . .

I would get the most expensive angel and then sell it and get a Matrix or timmy.
Old 08-17-2001, 01:50 PM #11
sygyzy

I agree with Venom, good thinking.
All markers for sale
Old 08-17-2001, 04:58 PM #12
fox149
§Killa§

know what ur talkin bout before u post

First off the Make-A-Wish foundation isn't just for kids with terminal illnesses, i should know the mailed me all of the iformation on it, and auctually u would be suprised how many kids ask for things like paintball guns, guitars, dirtbikes, etc. Everyone likes different stuff and i don't really wanna go meet some one famous or go somewhere or go see something, thats just not what im into.

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-19-2001, 10:23 AM #13
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

dude, maybe its just me who HAS A CONCIENCE, but how do you "deserve" the funding from Make-A-Wish? I,too, was under the impression that it is for terminally ill patients who want to make a wish and do something their parents could otherwise not afford for them to do. To me, if you are in fine condition(you seem to me), have the ability to play paintball(have net access, talk about owning other gear), then it seems dishonest to me to steal ~$2000 from some other child who has been living in a hospital for the past 5 years and wants to go to disneyland for a week. to me, tats cruel!
Old 08-19-2001, 11:42 AM #14
fox149
§Killa§

ok heres the thing, i haven't played paintball since i've been sick cause i've had to pretty much learn to walk again, and yes i was very sick, to the point where they thought i might die. And ur impression of the Make a Wish foundation is wrong its not just for kids that are terminally ill(i also used to think it was that way too, till they called my house one day and told me that they were gonna let me make a wish) And none of u have a clue what it has been like for me bein sick, have u ever had ur kidneys completely shut down, been so sick that u can't remeber what happend to u and one day u wake up thinkin u've been at the hospital for a couple of days and someone tellls u that u've really been there for 7 weeks, or had to have blood drawn so many times that they have to start drawin blood from ur feet cause they can't get it from ur arm nemore. Well i have and its hell, its about one of the scariest things that i can think of or havin a doctor come in and tell u that theres a chance u could have leukemia and that they can't figure out what u have. Just curious

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-19-2001, 12:02 PM #15
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

whoa

that sux

but if i were you, i'd get an adrenaline angel with angel air and a freak set... then you could sell the gun and the freak and buy two timmys and warp feeds...

then you can send me the second timmy and the warp only because i believe you're story and arent giving you any **** for it...

make a wish rocks!!!

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB
Old 08-19-2001, 12:07 PM #16
fox149
§Killa§

thanx for not bein an @$$

thanx for not bein and @$$ like some people Chrisfofusu

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-19-2001, 03:22 PM #17
^^@G ^^@^/ (MAG MAN
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hell i think u guys should leave him alone he obviously had a ****ty time if make a wish fundation is giving him a wish.u think he would just make up a story that he was sick and ask wich gun is the best he would have just asked your opinion on it and left out the sick part but he didnt so he was obviously sick and ive never been in that cocndition but i can think how it would feel being a kid and about to die think of all the things u would miss out on so leave him alone.and answer he god damn question.hell i fi could get any gun i would get e-mag with warp and flatline have it and it is the smallest fastest thing in the world. but the intimmy is great
Old 08-19-2001, 03:24 PM #18
sygyzy

Make-A-Wish should give you a gun too for not being able to spell, use grammer, and having the world's longest run on sentence.
All markers for sale
Old 08-19-2001, 05:52 PM #19
fox149
§Killa§

why do u care if he didn't use grammer or spelled some words wrong

so what if he made some spellin errors or didn't u punctuation(or however u spell it) i think u can still get the point of his letter. Thanx for the input mag man

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 08-19-2001, 10:37 PM #20
^^@G ^^@^/ (MAG MAN
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hahahahahhahaha u think thast a long run on setence try going into the thread a little below called (well i haev to say i was impressed) htast the world slongest run on sentence with most errors allso written by me man everyone comments on my no puncuation im just lazy wish i could be like u please i have better things to do than care if people are happy with my puncuatoin on a paintball board well i glad your better hope u liek your new gun
Old 08-19-2001, 11:49 PM #21
Crisfofusu
"Crackhead"

*mag man hurting the eyes*

It's not what you shoot, it's what you hit.

CountyPaintball - PaintballKingdom - G3PB