i've read that a 12gram on a phantom lasts anywhere from 30 to like 45 shots
sounds about right, you might get a bit more or less depending o the weather
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2007, 11:28 AM #65
Hisse

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whee McGee View Post
Are Snipers just a bland term for all pump-converted autocockers?

Are there any stock feeds made for autocockers, or must they be made/ordered custom?

Wild, it'll depend on how much you plan to shoot. I'd honestly think you wouldn't need more than a bag of paint, though I'm unsure about the 12 grams.
Autococker is just a bland term for all semi-auto converted snipers

The only stock feeds that I know of that were made for sniper/sniper based designs are the feeds for ss-25's that you can get from wevo and the illusions stock class feed. I have seen both of them modified to fit on your average sniper with some work. Other than that there are no other stock class feeds.
Hisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 PM #66
virtualbasil

I love pump

I just bought a phantom pump with a vertical ASA. which is more accurate Co2 or nitrogen? APG says that they're are the same but Co2 is louder than nitrogen. I thought that Co2's velocity spikes? and is it possible to put a expansion chamber on mine. SOMEONE HELP
virtualbasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM #67
cockerpunk (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
nope, just run whatever you want. pumps eat high pressure and love it (unlike semis).

you'll be fine with anything you screw into a phantom as long as its high pressure.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 PM #68
Wild_Goalie_93 (Banned)

im not really new to pump ive been playing pump for like 5 months now and i might start to use my outkast pump in tourneys so instead of using my be 50 round hopper would i be better of getting a sportshot 100 round so i can stay in the game longer

thx
Wild_Goalie_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:06 PM #69
evilo2.0

dam i wish i thought of that

tactics:
don't get shot
hit them first
evilo2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 PM #70
Codymm1014
Its MY CUP

So wait, do cocker pumps need a reg or just an expansion chamber?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM #71
Mercenarycommando
Attack, Attack Attack!

I can't wait for mine to come in the mail, I'm going to take the reg off it and run it off straight High-pressure Co2 baby!
Mercenarycommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:04 PM #72
vinnie_scarecrow
DON'T STEAL MY AVVY!!!!

vinnie_scarecrow helped look for balloons
vinnie_scarecrow is playing at Living Legends III
I am thinking of getting rid of my ion and changing to pump. Would you guys recommend a phantom or a single tube design or a converted autococker? What are the advantages of each?
Thanks in advance!
sbballer92: see the hacks I had didn't really do anything, they where just wall hacks
vinnie_scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM #73
agrove91
i shoot sideline coaches

can you take a pump kit to a jeff orr black magic?
agrove91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 PM #74
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

Would i need to carry a pod if i used a pocket hopper or would 50 shots hold me?
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM #75
Mayvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktrooper View Post
Would i need to carry a pod if i used a pocket hopper or would 50 shots hold me?
Trial and error will tell you that for certain; it depends on lots of things such as how aggressive you are, play format/field size, how often, if at all, you use autotrigger, how many opponents are on the other team, how long you usually survive, and how many games you play back-to-back w/o recharging, among others. With my SC Phantom, I usually go through one feed plus 2-5 10 round tubes per game (so around 30-60 shots). I almost never use the autotrigger and play fairly aggressively, however I play against 95-100% semis, so I tend to get eliminated quickly on large open fields. With my Ditto Deuce (double barrel Phantom), I run a Winchester on each barrel and carry 2x 100 round pods. I rarely get more than halfway through one pod (about 75 shots per barrel) unless I'm using autotrigger extensively, but I've never run out of paint.

I'd say a good rule of thumb for a bare minimum would be:

1/2 number of opposing players * 5 shots each * # of subsequent games

So if you're playing 10 on 10 for 2 games before a reload, you'd want to carry at least.

1/2 * 10* 5 * 2 = 50 rounds

You probably still want to carry some spare paint; 10 round tubes are super light and you can store them anywhere on your body (ew); a Ronin wrist harness holds 5 tubes and you can wrap it horizontally around your belt if you don't like it on your arm. Some sites (Wevo) also have 50 round pods, or you could pick up a 100 round Sportshot hopper. Personally, unless I'm in a limited paint situation, I always want to have a pod or some tubes on me in case of badness (i.e. hopper falls off, randomly long firefights, ref decides you can go one more game without a trip back to the loading area, etc.) Not being able to finish or start a game because you are out of paint is the worst thing ever.
Mayvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 PM #76
Willtapeforfood
Rmmbrs when SMG-60 >> all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie_scarecrow View Post
I am thinking of getting rid of my ion and changing to pump. Would you guys recommend a phantom or a single tube design or a converted autococker? What are the advantages of each?
Thanks in advance!
Thought I'd bump this as I kinda have the same question.

Wondering if the ability to change between pump and semi is worth the downgrade, although for the same price as a phantom, you can prolly outfit a pretty nice cocker, no? And be able to play semi whenever?
Willtapeforfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 PM #77
WGPBaller91 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtapeforfood View Post
Thought I'd bump this as I kinda have the same question.

Wondering if the ability to change between pump and semi is worth the downgrade, although for the same price as a phantom, you can prolly outfit a pretty nice cocker, no? And be able to play semi whenever?
Well good place to start learning about pumps.

Well if you like pump and are really into, alot of people go for SC, or stock class. 12g's and 10 or 15rd tubes. Many people who go from semi to pump stay with OC, or open class. This is constant air and a hopper. I prefer OC because I dont need to reload as often.

Well if you play pump with the same cocker you play semi with, then you'd need to retime it everytime you switch...it could get annoying, but whatever works for you.
WGPBaller91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:39 PM #78
Pump_Noob

Um i was wondering.. on a phantom... is there a way to hook up a CO2 tank to the Vertical Stock Class guns and if so how?

Last edited by Pump_Noob : 12-15-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Pump_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:34 AM #79
CED 217

Im basically new to paintballing again (it's been like 5 or 6 years and I only played for one summer) and just got a phantom for christmas. I haven't started playing yet because i have to get all the gear again. I just want to thank all the players new and old to making my re-entry into paintball exciting again! All this these post are all very informative! Thanks!!!
CED 217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM #80
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump_Noob View Post
Um i was wondering.. on a phantom... is there a way to hook up a CO2 tank to the Vertical Stock Class guns and if so how?
Get a 3/8" allen wrench (big honkin' allen wrench), take the 12g changer off, and you should see where to stick your wrench. Take the adapter off. Don't screw anything bigger than a 3.5oz. in there, it gets really big and bulky anyways after a 3.5oz., plus you risk breaking the vertical adapter off of the frame with a bigger tank. You also could mount a ASA to your grip (assuming you have a .45 grip, a M-16 grip will require a special adapter), get a gas-thru grip or a 1/8" NPT to ASA fitting, screw them into the vertical adapter, then run some macro between the two. Last way is to just get an ASA, two 90 degree fittings, and some macro, put the macro fitting into the valve, put the macro fitting into the ASA, then run the line straight from the ASA to the valve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CED 217 View Post
Im basically new to paintballing again (it's been like 5 or 6 years and I only played for one summer) and just got a phantom for christmas. I haven't started playing yet because i have to get all the gear again. I just want to thank all the players new and old to making my re-entry into paintball exciting again! All this these post are all very informative! Thanks!!!
Welcome to pump! You're gonna love your Phantom.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:17 PM #81
the real rich kid
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

the real rich kid has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
which ccm pump kid fits the trilogy
the real rich kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 PM #82
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

none
www.pmpind.com
and
www.wevopaintball.com
has kits for the trilogy

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 PM #83
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people

CCM doesn't make trilly pump kit, so none of them. I think only PMP makes trilly kits.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:25 PM #84
henryxpark
"nfg dude"

wevo carries wgp kits made for trilogys now

NEW FEEDBACK / OLD FEEDBACK
henryxpark is offline   Reply With Quote