PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 AM #253
dudley1234
Army Combat Medic.

dudley1234 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dudley1234 supports Bob Gurnsey
thanks for the input boys! have yourself's a good day!
dudley1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 PM #254
tristanot

tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
Alright guys, get ready to read:
So I bought my Checkit V2 Classic a couple of months ago. Let's just say, with my .682 Freak Insert and all the ups on it, I have never shot a more consistent nor more accurate gun. My Dm7 with the same barrel had more variation.
It came with the WGP Chrome Slider frame though, and though I thought I'd like it, I really want a Single Trigger Frame to make the gun perfect.

SO
1. What is a trigger shoe? I know it sounds stupid, but humor me.
2. Will the screws from my WGP Frame mount the single trigger frame to the gun ok?
3. Exactly how hard is the trigger pull? From pics, it almost looks like pulling back on a butter knife......
4. Is there any special things I should know about single trigger frames? Like other than trigger shoes, what all I need?
tristanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 PM #255
Illusion_nick
ÎImpulseÎ

Illusion_nick supports Cereal Killerz 2
Illusion_nick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Illusion_nick supports Team VICIOUS
Illusion_nick posts videos on PbNation
Illusion_nick supports our troops
1. Its the big "cover" on triggers.

It just slides over and tightens to the trigger.
2. They should mount just fine.
3. Trigger pull is not much harder than you current double finger hinge frame. Just pulling with one finger opposed to two.
4. Unless the frame is not coming with trigger/assembly, theres not much else to them.

Illusion_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 AM #256
tristanot

tristanot plays in the APPA beginner division
SWEET!
Thanks man!
tristanot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:25 PM #257
p3ngu!n
oh looky, a penguin.

what is the threading for a/c feednecks??? isn't sto threads???
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM #258
chigh66

chigh66 is playing at Living Legends III
chigh66 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
are pump guns more accurate?
chigh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM #259
BiggsFX
Pump Evangelist

BiggsFX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BiggsFX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigh66 View Post
are pump guns more accurate?
Pumps are not more accurate, pump players are just better.
][nvert Mini : Black #9927 / Kila Detents / Virtue Eyes

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 AM #260
Crimson Death
HATERS GON HATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ngu!n View Post
what is the threading for a/c feednecks??? isn't sto threads???
it's actually autococker threaded feednecks.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:49 PM #261
mryella
Pink Lady DC2

hi guys i have a vsc phantom, and it just doesn't want to shoot strait ive tried many good brands of paint and the balls are curving in every which way Im pretty stumped, ive tried with and without the metal detends and still the same problem, i don't have another barrel to try out, but i think that may be the problem, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM #262
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Undoubtedly your barrel choice and/or a dirty breech/barrel.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 AM #263
Pballer3223

Hey everyone!
I'm looking into getting a pump becuz paint is expensive. I;ve been checking out the Azodin Kaos (KP) and it looks like the best starter pump gun. Let me know what you think. I want it to b able to use nitrous too.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:13 PM #264
cheapchi
mmmmmm...Tiger Balm

has been a member for 10 years
I played Xball for weekly 2 years, then we had our son. This changed my playing frequency significantly. While playing once a month I realized that my paint to kill ratio was rather high. I would go through 2 bags of paint and have relatively few kills. I consciously tried to change that. We often talk about our guns and cars being efficient. I wanted to my game to more efficient.

I started by dropping from 3 pods to 1 pod in my harness. Then I dropped down to hopper ball every time I played, Gradually I forced myself to play differently. I was more aggressive at the start of the game. I really worked on my snap shooting ALOT. I moved more. I planned secondary and tertiary moves. I did this while shooting an electronic semi. I would rarely shoot more than 4 balls at a time and then only when a target was running or occasionally at the start of a game.

Dropping the harness was a big change as I could breathe easier without my diaphragm being constricted and carried less weight. My speed was more of an asset. I then tried a pump (an Xmas gift SL68II Thanks Jim!!! ) and my first kill was euphoric. I shot a buddy of mine who doesn't know what to do without a 9V. He was a good sport about it but another buddy said these words that always stay in my mind while playing pump: "You remember every face you shoot out with a pump." After two months, I can say this has been true for me.

Another big change came when I went from a VL200 to a Sportshot. The additional drop in weight plus forcing myself to select better shots, move smarter, gunfight smarter made it even more of a challenge.

One of my favorite moments with a pump came in a staging area between games. A younger and newer player asked me what type of gun I was shooting (SS25). When I explained to him I have to pump each time I fire it he asked me, "Why would you do that?" My response was, "Because it is fun and it's like rock n roll. You either get it or you don't."

But it is all paintball and I would just like to play.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM #265
Chaantastic

I just bought a very old ACI Maverick, and I want to know what I need to get to have a sight installed. I'm working on getting a Bottomline kit, but I want to know everything I need to know to install a laser sight.
Chaantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:02 PM #266
NotSoNewGuy

Hey all, I've been out of the sport for a while and am looking to get back into playing. I like the cost appeal of pump play and was just curious about what used gun would make the most sense for a poor college kid? I plan on stopping in at the local shop to see what they can tell me, but I figured talking to you all would do me some good. I'm open to hoppers or tubes, tanks or 12g's, doesn't matter. It looks like there have been a good bit of changes so I was hoping to hear some tips on things to look for and look out for. Thanks in advance!
NotSoNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM #267
smurfsownyou

smurfsownyou owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey ere body, I currently shoot an 08 ego and I just played this past weekend with 2 friends who were shooting pumps. I hate shooting tons of paint because my parents don't hook me up, so I was thinking about getting into pump. What's the best quality pump I can get that uses a hopper and compressed air? I don't know much about pumps, but I want to get better at snapping and whatnot.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM #268
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfsownyou View Post
Hey ere body, I currently shoot an 08 ego and I just played this past weekend with 2 friends who were shooting pumps. I hate shooting tons of paint because my parents don't hook me up, so I was thinking about getting into pump. What's the best quality pump I can get that uses a hopper and compressed air? I don't know much about pumps, but I want to get better at snapping and whatnot.
For your needs you would most likely want am autococker pump commonly called a sniper 2. Quality is kind of in the eye of the beholder, but CCM is one of the best companies in the industry. They make right out of the box pumps; s6, s6.5, t2. Also sanchez machine makes right out of the box pump (sm-1). Or you can get a second hand pump off of here with ccm goodies. I hope this helps.
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM #269
smurfsownyou

smurfsownyou owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter4life05 View Post
For your needs you would most likely want am autococker pump commonly called a sniper 2. Quality is kind of in the eye of the beholder, but CCM is one of the best companies in the industry. They make right out of the box pumps; s6, s6.5, t2. Also sanchez machine makes right out of the box pump (sm-1). Or you can get a second hand pump off of here with ccm goodies. I hope this helps.
it helped a little, but im on a lower budget of say $200
Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 AM #270
B3ARC1AW

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems appropriate. Excuse me if I''m wrong and please direct me to the right place.

I'm wanting to get into pump and I'm in the search for a gun. I found this one and want to know if it is a good deal and also if it is a gun worth buying. The guy wants $105 for it. Is that a good price for it, or too high? Thanks in advance to those of you who answer.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/1298/0930101645.jpg
B3ARC1AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:17 AM #271
Viet336

Viet336 is an NCPA player
Viet336 is an NCPA National Champion
Viet336 plays in the APPA D4 division
How are WGP Nightkast? Are they worth getting?

I'm thinking about picking this up

http://paintballgateway.com/wgpsnpugunni.html
Viet336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:41 AM #272
AngryDragn
omgPatV

@Bearclaw Im not sure if you wanna swing the trilogy way, its a decent gun for its price, but im pretty sure you can find a better gun/setup for a little more money.

@Viet The nightkast is a decent gun since they used some of the check-it parts and minor upgrades, but for that 250$+Tax price range you can find a better setup on the nation.

hopefully my 2cents helped, if it didnt im sorry.
AngryDragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:28 AM #273
Mirad
Cocker frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet336 View Post
How are WGP Nightkast? Are they worth getting?

I'm thinking about picking this up

http://paintballgateway.com/wgpsnpugunni.html
They're nice markers with if it came with a threaded feedneck so that you can use a clamping feedneck. That's too pricey for what its worth, IMHO.

You could build your very own for even lesser than that with a clamping feedneck mod. The only difference between the WGP "cocker bodies" is the milling, ano work, and some come with threaded feednecks. That's it. I have one set-up for less than the one you found and it comes with a slider. (single trigger frame.)
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote