Old 10-08-2006, 01:09 AM #1072
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by run◘τhru
On anyone elses Events, have the foam on the inside of the mask started to come off at the ends?
you mean those ends that's aren't suspossed to be glued down?
bobide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:09 AM #1073
BBoyTactic

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble with the foam in my mask coming off. I've tried a few different kinds of super glue (the only glues I have), but has anybody had any success with other kinds of glue? No matter what brand or formulation I use, cyanoacrylate just peels apart after a few hours of sweat.

Also, are the clips that pbgear.com sells with their ear set the new ones? (triangular, from what I gather?) I bought two used E-Vents and the clips are just nubs that rip through the holes in the soft ears like nothing.

Last edited by BBoyTactic : 10-13-2006 at 11:50 AM.
BBoyTactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:56 PM #1074
shortygermany

shortygermany is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jepp the triangular Ones are the new generation....For the glue i also only find a glue that bond the rubber to the Goggles but not the foam on the rubber. Even Foam cement didnt keep the foam from peeling off.

if all fails im going for velcro like some other goggles.

GERMANMOB
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1505909
Max Lundquist fanclub member #69
shortygermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:23 PM #1075
S_Moneh
.::LOG::.

yea after i heard about those new clips for the e-vents i wanted to upgrade them, so i emailed britney, and she said after i send her my adress she will sen them out asap, but its been like 2 weeksna d a half and still nothing, she didn't reply, no package in the mail no nothing, what do i do?
S_Moneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 PM #1077
mugenXP
Registered Member

well.. i mailed NPS for soft ears, its been over 1 month and still have not received anything.
mugenXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:49 AM #1078
lawnboi

call
lawnboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:48 PM #1079
big-cat
Team Notorious

I called it took like 5 dayz . . .
big-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:03 PM #1080
mugenXP
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboi
call
I emailed them, and they actually responded saying that it will be shipped out.
mugenXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 06:33 PM #1081
Prea

then call....and i think they have a lot of customer service things to handle, so dont be upset if they mess something up......i called for a sticker, and got ears/clips....then i called again, got nothing....then called again, and finally got the sticker
Old 10-15-2006, 07:19 PM #1082
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Simon,
After reading over most of this thread it seems that the foam problem has been with the foam seperating from the plastic frame on the mask. Today I had the foam start to seperate between the 2 foam densities (sp?). Should I attempt the Gorilla Glue quick fix or is this something that I should send in?

Also, PAGES back I had mentioned that the foam between the panes of my thermals didnt have glue in spots and was leaving gaps. From sweating/humidity (play indoors) I am now getting slight condensation between the panes - luckily I have remained fog free -- any solution on this one?

Old 10-15-2006, 07:24 PM #1083
Prea

for the foam, id go ahead and try a tiny bit of gorilla glue

and as for the lenses, i dont think there is much you can do short of buying a new lense....you can probably try some glue, but im not sure how well that will hold up

or, you can always try contacting nps about both things
Old 10-16-2006, 12:08 AM #1084
BigTarget04

Well the brow foam on my avatars completely came off, I'm not just talking the ends but the entire strip came loose from the frame. The feild owner and I reattached it today with some 3m adhesive that he uses to fix his rental masks, but I'm not too sure how it will hold up. And this wanst from me wearing it. I had it in its case and when I went to pull it out today the foam had completely released from the frame.
BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 AM #1085
Hey SHAGGY
Codename: SHAGGY

Annual Supporting Member
Hey SHAGGY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey SHAGGY plays in the APPA D4 division
Another thing that I don't like about my avatars is that its so small and compact that when I yell to call out something it really makes your ears ring. I've never had a problem with masks like these.
Old Feedback
eBaY Feedback
US Navy
Hey SHAGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 AM #1086
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
IntenseImage, if it's just those edges and you can glue it back, I'd glue it.

As for the lens... I'd contact Brittany, and see what she has to say. I don't know all the CS policies. Was it like that from the beginning?
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:54 AM #1087
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Yes, when I first got it ... and I posted about it and you basically said if there is a small gap and it doesnt fog, leave it alone ... well thats still the case, but I get slight condensation now

I will try to Gorilla Glue the foam tonite
Old 10-16-2006, 12:21 PM #1088
Black~Raptor'sPB
~Dark Raptor's~

has anyone bought a e-vent that didn't have problems? I was thinking about buying one, but I don't want to spend my money for the thing to fall apart. I can't believe that they would put something out that was not manufactured correctly... I mean, not trying to give a bad rap, but I would rather have waited a little longer to get it right then rush it and have these problems. Then again, that IMO
Black~Raptor'sPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:30 PM #1089
blautsauger (Banned)
Straight Evil Baller!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black~Raptor'sPB
has anyone bought a e-vent that didn't have problems? I was thinking about buying one, but I don't want to spend my money for the thing to fall apart. I can't believe that they would put something out that was not manufactured correctly... I mean, not trying to give a bad rap, but I would rather have waited a little longer to get it right then rush it and have these problems. Then again, that IMO
I have two pair, I know of three other people that have a pair, and to date, not one of us had any problems with our E-Vents. You are totally justified in your concern on this one. I was in your exact position a few months back, also waiting for the availability to become more common. They were, to me, worth the wait.
blautsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 PM #1090
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Quote:
We have around 20,000 goggles out now! Yes 20,000!

Unfortunately with manufacturing you will always have some problems. It's the nature of the business. I think we are doing ok, in terms of the number of goggles out to the number of issues, although I (like everyone else) wish we had no manufacturing issues at all.

By far the majority of people who buy them seem to be happy. You only ever hear about those that are not happy on news forums, or web boards like this. You don't hear about the other 19,900 people that are very happy.

The only thing we can do is try to maintain the best customer support we can, for any problems that occur. So far we seem to be doing a decent job at that.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:56 PM #1091
Black~Raptor'sPB
~Dark Raptor's~

I ment no disrespect, but it really makes me question if I should get one or not. My friend had some avatars that have almost the same style and he hated his so bad he had to sell it that day. I don't know if the events are the same, I just want to make sure it is worth what I have to pay for it. I like the look, and I do need a low profile mask because I am always a front player, but I hate headaches on new equipment.
Black~Raptor'sPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:24 PM #1092
Prea

Quote:
My friend had some avatars that have almost the same style and he hated his so bad he had to sell it that day.
what was the reason?

and i love mine, imo theyre well worth it, and their backed by a great company