Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2006, 08:54 PM #274
BigTarget04

^^ you can actually get them right now
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=nVRTKjXws0ZTGXGh6EiTgj8k1Tt2Oey61Rw=?Cat egoryName=paintball-goggles-and-safety-gear-goggle-accessories-ventz-goggle-accessories

Ok now for my question i just received my avatars and love them but what is up with this line in the lens just in front on the edge of the lens frame visible in this pic:

Last edited by BigTarget04 : 04-27-2006 at 09:00 PM.
BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2006, 09:05 PM #275
Squash5674
SEMPER Fi

Squash5674 is a Supporting Member
Squash5674 plays in the APPA D4 division
Manike - I emailed Brittany like you said about the replacement forehead logo & have not gotten a reply back from her yet, do I just need to call customer service? If so whats the number?
Squash5674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:33 PM #276
socalmad (Banned)
THE EMPIRE GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmad
you the clips on the side of the ear piece that hold them in place do u guys have replacement ones of those as well as replacement ears casue the ears riped right out when i put my mask on

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike
Yes, they come with the ear pieces.

k well how do i get the replacments ? i know u said email her but people have been saying they cant get in contact with her. so what do i do?
socalmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 PM #277
socalmad (Banned)
THE EMPIRE GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmad
you the clips on the side of the ear piece that hold them in place do u guys have replacement ones of those as well as replacement ears casue the ears riped right out when i put my mask on

Quote:
Yes, they come with the ear pieces.

k well how do i get the replacments ? i know u said email her but people have been saying they cant get in contact with her. so what do i do?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:35 AM #278
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Squash and socalmad, do you guys really not know how to read the information in front of you?

It's been posted several times in this thread, and just on the previous page. Please endeavour to use some common sense. I don't really want to clutter this thread repeating the same thing over and over again.

Quote:
Call Brittany Ritchie on 800-346-5615 or e-mail brittany@nationalpaintball.com

BigTarget, in order to get such high quality lense optical properties you have to follow some very precise geometry. The area in front of your eyes has almost 0 optical imbalance and 0 prysmatic imbalance. Unfortunately if we continued this geometry into the peripheray vision area the lens would be too thin. That line denotes the edge of the peripherary vision area. It is impossible to see that area with both eyes when the goggle is on your face so the optical properties in that area are not as important. That area is also just for peripherary vision.

When you wear the goggles and actually play it's hard to notice that line because it is so far around in your vision. Some people's eyes can't even see it when it's on their heads because of how far around it is. But your eyes can still catch movement in the extreme peripherary area behind that line. We could have stopped the lens at that point, but I wanted that ability to catch as much movement out of the corner of your eye as possible. The line was a compromise to have the best optical properties to the main area of the lense, and the most extreme range of side vision.

Wrap around lenses from other companies that do not follow such high optical quality concerns just polish it in... but then the ones we have tested that do that are NOT good for your eyes... and it brings down the optical properties significantly... sometimes even to the point of failing the ASTM!

That line also denotes a sensible level to put stickers up to if you like to sticker your goggles.

Last edited by manike : 04-28-2006 at 08:37 AM.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:54 AM #279
Supernaut

I will be getting my avatars and e-vents today! I can't wait to start being able to complain to manike about stuff (im kidding)!
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:57 AM #280
socalmad (Banned)
THE EMPIRE GOD

Quote:
Squash and socalmad, do you guys really not know how to read the information in front of you?

It's been posted several times in this thread, and just on the previous page. Please endeavour to use some common sense. I don't really want to clutter this thread repeating the same thing over and over again.

BigTarget, in order to get such high quality lense optical properties you have to follow some very precise geometry. The area in front of your eyes has almost 0 optical imbalance and 0 prysmatic imbalance. Unfortunately if we continued this geometry into the peripheray vision area the lens would be too thin. That line denotes the edge of the peripherary vision area. It is impossible to see that area with both eyes when the goggle is on your face so the optical properties in that area are not as important. That area is also just for peripherary vision.

When you wear the goggles and actually play it's hard to notice that line because it is so far around in your vision. Some people's eyes can't even see it when it's on their heads because of how far around it is. But your eyes can still catch movement in the extreme peripherary area behind that line. We could have stopped the lens at that point, but I wanted that ability to catch as much movement out of the corner of your eye as possible. The line was a compromise to have the best optical properties to the main area of the lense, and the most extreme range of side vision.

Wrap around lenses from other companies that do not follow such high optical quality concerns just polish it in... but then the ones we have tested that do that are NOT good for your eyes... and it brings down the optical properties significantly... sometimes even to the point of failing the ASTM!

That line also denotes a sensible level to put stickers up to if you like to sticker your goggles.

sorry dude but common sense i know that. but its not what im talking about people have been saying in this thread they cant get ahold of her. Now if i cant get ahold of her then what.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:05 AM #281
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Quote:
Call Brittany Ritchie on 800-346-5615 or e-mail brittany@nationalpaintball.com
ONE person, has said that she hasn't yet replied to his e-mail. ONE person. I don't know how hard they tried to contact her, he didn't say if the e-mail was sent 2 minutes before his post or 2 weeks before, or if they have even called yet.

You can actually speak to anyone in customer services, but so far Brittany has been on the ball. If you don't immediately get through to her, by all means try calling NPS customer services's general number and talking to anyone there.

Common sense, no?

I don't get why you can ask about what to do if you can't contact her when you haven't tried yet. Just doesn't make sense.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:15 AM #282
socalmad (Banned)
THE EMPIRE GOD

i have tried 2 times a week ago and another time tuesday and no reply thus the question adur adur
Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM #283
AirAttack

AirAttack is a Supporting Member
My saga:

Hello Brittany,

I spoke with you about 3 weeks ago about the soft ears for my Events and you said youd ship replacements out to me. I called customer service a couple days ago and they dropped me in your voicemail and I left a message. I called customer service today and left a voicemail.

Im emailing you because no one wants to talk to me :^( I understand youre busy but if you could reply to me in some way shape or fashion Id sure appreciate it and it may even help with the complex Im developing trying to get the problem resolved.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:19 PM #284
frogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockhatgrim
speaking of the strap i think it matches the white stuff on my empire grind pants lets take a look

yep that makes them all the better(im an empire whore)
With a Profiler? lol... j\k

Talk To Me:
[AIM|Email]
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:21 PM #285
BigTarget04

Ah thanks for clearing that up manike. I just wasnt sure because I hadnt noticed it in other pics before and wanted to make sure its suppose to be there. I dont notice it when wearing them and im gonna pass on the stickers. I am fan of clean lines and not cluttering up things that look as impressive as these with stickers. Also, as you said, I like the ability to be able to pick up on any movement in the extereme periphrials of my range of vision. Great product and I am incredibly happy that I decided to go with these.
BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 AM #286
Supernaut

These masks rule!
I am enjoying my avatar and e-vents! I am not sure which ones I prefer yet but man are they are both made really well. Thanks manike!
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:52 PM #287
protocoach

How much would I get for a set of LNIB white E-vents? And would that go substantially up if they were signed by Mike Kufel?
protocoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:21 PM #288
bunkeru42
huh

Okay..... I have a prolblem with my white e-vents...I got home the other day from practice and i noticed that there were what looked like black pen on the mask and when i looked closer i noticed that the black from the front or the mouth part was bleeding into the white on the outside and the inside of the mask....I know everyone is going to say send them in and i will but does anyone think they know what could have caused the problem or if when i send them do you think that maybe they could send me a diff color so this wont happen again..thanks
-Ethan
Old 04-29-2006, 01:32 PM #289
bobide
That's No Zaku Boy

bobide supports Cereal Killerz 2
bobide is an NCPA player
bobide plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut
These masks rule!
I am enjoying my avatar and e-vents! I am not sure which ones I prefer yet but man are they are both made really well. Thanks manike!
how well do they breathe? Friends of mine say they can get hot inside them.
bobide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:40 PM #290
Prea

the breathing is alright, not the best....and they do get pretty hot inside
Old 05-01-2006, 04:11 PM #291
PaInTbAlLrUlEs09

i was thinkin bout gettin new lenses but i didnt know if i got the single lenses if they would fog up on me and would i have 2 get thermal so that they didnt thx
matt

Feedback
PaInTbAlLrUlEs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 PM #292
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
i haven't had any problems with the stock clear lense fogging up on me, but if i ever purchase another lense, i will still get the thermals, just to be safe
Old 05-01-2006, 04:33 PM #293
protocoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocoach
How much would I get for a set of LNIB white E-vents? And would that go substantially up if they were signed by Mike Kufel?
Anybody?
protocoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:20 PM #294
Zio7

Zio7 is a Supporting Member
so i need new ears, and i'm going to call about that...however, after the 2 day dynasty clinic...

The foam seems to be peeling. It might have been answered already, but I don't want to read through 14 pages. What should I do? Still call customer service and ask for new ears AND a new facemask?
Zio7 is offline   Reply With Quote