PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-11-2001, 02:45 AM #1
CockersRule

has been a member for 10 years
A Word To The New Players

DON'T CHEAT!!!!! no matter what anyone tells you, cheating is not ok, it is NOT part of the game, dont get into it, or you probably wont get invited back to play with people, I just thought i would tell you this early, cheaters suck, just please dont get into cheating

Adrenalin Angel LED <~~ For sale
2k cocker <~~ For sale
PGP <~~ For sale
RockClimbing27@AOL.com
Old 08-11-2001, 03:25 AM #2
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
amen
Old 08-11-2001, 11:34 AM #3
CoroneR

A word the people that have been cheating for awhile, you are a disgrace to the sport.
Old 08-11-2001, 09:46 PM #4
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
True.....but this was still a dumb post. Come here and this is one of the first posts you make.....ahhhhh whatever.
Old 08-11-2001, 09:54 PM #5
Deceit
What?

what kind of reply was that?
Old 08-11-2001, 10:04 PM #6
CockersRule

whats that supposed to mean, im not supposed to suggest that newbies shouldnt cheat? whatever i dont care what ya think anyways

Adrenalin Angel LED <~~ For sale
2k cocker <~~ For sale
PGP <~~ For sale
RockClimbing27@AOL.com
Old 08-27-2001, 10:45 PM #7
Iceman999

cheating!!!

if someone is caught cheating their gun should be takin away put on one side of the field (preferably speedball) then have the rest of the players on the other side (with their guns fully loaded). have a count down and have the players have their way with the cheaterfor five mins. then give the cheater his gun back for the next game. just my opinion. heard of it being done at a field.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:15 PM #8
Iceman999

it would hurt but it would teach them a lesson.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:18 PM #9
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
Thats a good idea, but make it like 1 minute, to keep things humane!

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 09-04-2001, 05:39 PM #10
Fury112
Faster Than you...

If i catch you cheat, i don't care if its speed ball, i will come over there and break my gun over your head. And yes tippmanns do hurt.

Quote:
if someone is caught cheating their gun should be takin away put on one side of the field (preferably speedball) then have the rest of the players on the other side (with their guns fully loaded). have a count down and have the players have their way with the cheaterfor five mins. then give the cheater his gun back for the next game. just my opinion. heard of it being done at a field.
Isn't that someway illegal? Not saying its bad, but i think thats illegal in some way. But add on a sticker the the goggle CHEATER.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:36 PM #11
samvalentine

samvalentine is a Supporting Member
forced to leave for the day. next time they come
they should made to wear a jersey stamped cheater. and players are encouraged to overshoot them.
Old 09-25-2001, 12:56 AM #12
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
encouraged to overshoot a player??.. great show of sportsmanship.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 09-25-2001, 02:36 PM #13
Deceit
What?

i think that any player caught cheating should be "humliated"

now i know what your thinking droopy in front of the kapp models and the rest of the world but what im thinking is...

at the end of the tourny have a list of what players "offically" cheated and what teams they were on.

to me i respect other teams and my teammates. i keep them in highest regards. if someone got on stage and said i was cheating then i would be VERY embarassed. in short if i knew this was a rule my very small urge to cheat would be eliminated because the last thing i want is to loose respect of other teams and my other team members.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:10 PM #14
Ilyag
Banned

First off, no field manager in their right mind would force a player who cheated to stand in 1 position while being tagged repeatedly by the other players on the field. This will not, and should not, happen at any Recreational field, or tournament. If it does happen, then I doubt the field owner will be getting mucher more business. (Anyways, who in their right mind would want to spend balls on shooting stationary cheaters rather than playing a REAL game of paintball?)

A more rational thing to do, is of course point out that you believed that the player was cheating. In tournaments, cheating is not tolerated, and points are deducted for such things if they are caught. Otherwise, I reccomend that people stop moaning about others cheating to field owners, and try to have an extreme system of eliminating cheaters from fields. It is part of the game of paintball. Those who cheat, however, will not gain any paintball abiliity, I can gaurantee that. What you can do during a game to someone who YOU witnessed cheating, is to shoot them a few times if they look like they are wiping.

I, myself, do not cheat, never have, and never will. I am not trying to support cheaters either by 'putting down' the extreme ideas of punishment. However, I would rather have the feeling of knowing that the cheater will not improve their gameplay and lose respect from all the players. Who would want a cheater on their team? I know I wouldn't.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:15 PM #15
Ouch
PA Longriflemen

I agree, going to extremes is bad. I hate cheaters, I get VERY angry playing against cheaters. I have seen some people cheat, while playing against cheaters. because they think to themselves, they are cheating...Why should I play fair? This is the wrong thing to do, it sux, but it is right. I do it all the time. I tagged the same guy 4 times. Then he hit me, I called myself out, after the game I asked him about it. He said he didn't cheat....Fine, but everyone else there now had doubts about him.
They watched, and caught him cheating too. Everyone confronted him about it, and he felt smaller than a paintball after everyone chastised him about it.

Bottomline, even if you know they are cheating, don't join them. How can you have any self-respect knowing that you did not win fairly?
Old 10-20-2001, 12:43 PM #16
Paintball Magnet
Death by Volume

Down South we like to make cheaters squeal like a certain farm animal.