Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 PM #22
Frank808
Brothers Paintball Supply

Frank808 is a Supporting Member
Frank808 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Frank808 is for the Gunfight
We have had 60 rental mags in our fleet for about a year and a half now. Field started out with 100 Tippmans for the first 3 years. I can say the maintenance on a mag is nothing compared to the tippman. I have maybe changed the powertube oring on 24 mags. In the same 1.5 year period with tippmans I will have changed at least 200 powertubes and about 100 sears and 100 bolts. We bought these guns directly from tippman and they have never sent us a free powertube, bolt or sear in the 3 years we used the guns. How are you guys getting free parts??
For those of you regarding price, we have LVL10 centerfeed ULE bodies with gas thru grip and bottom line and they are price about twice what a 98 costs. If you go with LVL 10 with a powerfeed body they are under $200. We chose the ULE body so we would not have to deal with elbows.
Compare the maintenance costs of buying every year 1 bolt, 2 sears, and 2 powertubes for each 98 with the time required to take the gun apart every 6 months. For us in 2.5 years time we would have paid the same for the mag. We rent a lot of markers out every weekend and that is the maintenance count we had on average for the 98 that we had for 3 years.
This is from real experiences and not theories. So for us the mag was a godsend as in another year the costs of the gun will be the same as the 98 customs. Also the mag looks in way better condition and are so easy to maintain if at all.

Good luck inverstor guy with your field. If you have any questions just PM me and I will try to help you.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM #23
pbfan3068
MW

From what I understand, my boss paid cash for a very expensive purchase. And we have had limited breakage, so Tippmann has definitely profited from our field's purchase. Honestly, how much do you think an o-ring actually costs them? That barrel we got was no more than $50 for Tippmann.

My Feedback (+35/-0)
Old 03-01-2006, 08:01 PM #24
pablov1
www.evolutionpaintb.com

Great coments all of you.

Thank you very much for your time
I truly apreciate knowing about your expirience.

Best regards

Pablo
Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 PM #25
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
You should strongly consider the PMI PCS marker (Tippman like). The benefits - Much easier to clean and you have a simple add (swap out part of the handle - pull two pins - swap out - replace two pins) and it's electronic.

Here's a link to their catalog:
http://www.pminetwork.com/pdf/17,18.pdf

Call our rep - Tom Soria - he'll hook you up.

Dave Painter
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 03-02-2006, 01:46 PM #26
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66
Like I said, a RENTER may not be able to shoot one well, under fire. Just because we can, doesn't mean the young kids will be able to, who have never played before, nor the 30-40+ teambuilding business group necessarily.
I'm completly lost on what you mean by this. What makes this marker harder to shoot "under fire" (or any other time) than the next marker? Point, pray, pull.

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
Old 03-02-2006, 02:39 PM #27
NinjaFrontMan17

just go with tippman 98 custom.... reliable, easy to maintain, good customer service, cheaper than most guns
Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 PM #28
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Here's a thought:

If you have a store, avoid using Tippmanns. Why? If the gun you rent is good, renters are likely to ask about buying it.

They can buy Tippmann packages at the local Walmart or other retail store, so it's unlikely you'll get the sale. but if you rent something that isn't sold at the big box stores, any renter who wants to become an owner will be better tempted to buy from a Paintball store (yours).

Band together Store and Field Owners! If the manufacturer won't support you and your sales stream, don't support them!
Old 03-02-2006, 03:06 PM #29
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
Here's a thought:

If you have a store, avoid using Tippmanns. Why? If the gun you rent is good, renters are likely to ask about buying it.

They can buy Tippmann packages at the local Walmart or other retail store, so it's unlikely you'll get the sale. but if you rent something that isn't sold at the big box stores, any renter who wants to become an owner will be better tempted to buy from a Paintball store (yours).

Band together Store and Field Owners! If the manufacturer won't support you and your sales stream, don't support them!
From a store standpoint, I like that Wal-mart sells Tippmanns. Since they don't service them, we're the ones that get the repair work. Store policy is that any marker that wasn't purchased from us is subject to a $25 per hour bench fee, plus parts. One hour of work and a new o-ring kit earns us as much as the sale of the gun would have. By the second repair, we've made more than we would have if we'd sold the gun to them (since we offer free labor on guns we sell). In the end, Wal-mart's sale nets us a new customer because once they've come into our store, they stop buying from Wal-mart. Best of all, the Wal-mart refers them to us for repair and air fills.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 03-02-2006, 03:12 PM #30
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy
From a store standpoint, I like that Wal-mart sells Tippmanns.
I actually agree with your point of view.
But I still see advantages to renting and carrying the same paintball store exclusive marker for sale.
If you can sell, service, and rent the same equipment it limits the inventory you need to carry. If it happens to be Tippmann, have another catch to incite the sale from your field/store.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:15 PM #31
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
I actually agree with your point of view.
But I still see advantages to renting and carrying the same paintball store exclusive marker for sale.
If you can sell, service, and rent the same equipment it limits the inventory you need to carry. If it happens to be Tippmann, have another catch to incite the sale from your field/store.
We do sell Tippmanns as well and sell a good volume of them. We've just learned to use Wal-mart's presence to our advantage, rather than grouse about them being a competitor.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 03-02-2006, 03:47 PM #32
sick boy

sick boy works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rental Ions

THE FIELD RENTAL ION IS A GOOD MARKER HAS ANTI CHOP EASY TO CLEAN WITH THE PLASTIC BROWN BODY AND HAS THE DIFFRENT FIRE MODES THEY ALSO ENGRAVE RENTAL ON THE GRIP FRAME.

19 years in the Industry, won every thing there is whats next ?

Smart Parts
Old 03-03-2006, 04:13 AM #33
Kevin Dexheimer
Puss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick boy
THE FIELD RENTAL ION IS A GOOD MARKER HAS ANTI CHOP EASY TO CLEAN WITH THE PLASTIC BROWN BODY AND HAS THE DIFFRENT FIRE MODES THEY ALSO ENGRAVE RENTAL ON THE GRIP FRAME.
Very nice with all caps and an awkwardly used devil smiley...

Does the Ion have a mechanical back-up like the AGD EMag did? Is the body billet aluminum or stainless steel? Does the company that makes them follow a strict policy of doing only what is good for the industry like not creating legal troubles for everyone else? Wow, if they only still produced the EMag, a quality gun by a respectible company. Why did AGD and stop making it? I think I remember now....

I like airsoft more than paintball because it hurts less.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:46 AM #34
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

caps lock much?
Old 03-03-2006, 11:28 AM #35
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Please don't post in all caps. That's Internet shouting and is considered rude. Thanks!

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
Old 03-03-2006, 04:22 PM #36
htgrlz4me

htgrlz4me is playing at Living Legends VI
htgrlz4me supports Team VICIOUS
htgrlz4me has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htgrlz4me has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
well guys we use sspyder compact 2000, and they have worked fine other than the ocassional goo up on the oring. but i can field strip and clean it in 5 min, so no problem. tippmann 98 are a good chocie too. ions even better for indoor. im not to sure on the mag issue, i know my lvl7 mag allways needs adjusting.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:59 PM #37
Toby15custom

Buddy as a kid that has played alot of ball in a lot of places i must say the best setup i have ever seen is tippmann 98 customs (no electric trust me batteries will cost ya a fourtune)
1.Tippmann 98's
2.Lots of lube that you can throw in them every so often
3.some standard hoppers
4.When you get the 98 customs i have even seen some field owners LOCTITe the asa to the bottom....
5.use 12 oz tanks, not to big for munckins but still ok sized to last a couple games.
6.Nitro is another option for us here in the midwest.
7.when you get masks get vforce vanteges they are still kinda comfy and work great for cleaning. lens are easy to take out as well
8.standard 200 round hoppers work fine.

OPTION 2_--------------------
1.use a-5's instead of 98's for speedball and rec ball combined.
2.this way you have a powerful loader already and the 1-5 is a little more comfy i think.
7.i would buy some extra barrels like smart parts progressive or somethin really durable like CMI tru flight (they are so hard core)

EDIT:
Some people have been sayin avoid tippmanns, well u can't avoid spyders tippmanns and viewloaders cause they sell um at walmart, cause all other guns you can buy online, THINK about it, who kno's more Jenny at walmart sellin the stuff or Frank the 9 yr paintball vet who owns a field and sells multiple markers. PLUS the people have already tried the tippmann 98's or spyder xtra so maybe they wanna get one at your place cause they like them so much. Here is my thought, say they buy one the day they have rented, give them a discount or somethin cause they tried it, and now they are buying from you, soon word will get around an walmarty issues will be avoided.

Last edited by Toby15custom : 03-03-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:15 PM #38
pboutlaws1
EKU Paintball

pboutlaws1 is a Supporting Member
we run mags. best rentals hands down. if you want a tippmann style gun buy BT. Ben is a good guy and hiks markers are quality. buy true tippmann from BT.
Double H Locates
Old 03-06-2006, 12:01 AM #39
Rare Faction
The Cap'n

Best bang for your buck will be either Tippmann 98c's or Pro Carbines. Durable and reliable
Old 03-06-2006, 07:18 PM #40
Toby15custom

Mags are just to old in my opinion and parts are difficult to come by, tippmann is almost guarnt'd to stay running for a long long time.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:08 AM #41
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby15custom
Mags are just to old in my opinion and parts are difficult to come by, tippmann is almost guarnt'd to stay running for a long long time.
Too old? How exactly? AGD is no where near going bankrupt or shutting their doors.

Honestly.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:15 AM #42
robnix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby15custom
How hard is it to call AGD for parts, or run to your local hardware store for O Rings?