PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-28-2006, 01:20 AM #1
lovejuice28

Paintball field statistics ratios, Please help

Ok well i am sure not all field owners know this exactly but please try. I'm trying to get averages and ratios on some of the store statistics. I'm mostly looking for competitive (speedball) field owners but all are welcome. This may take a couple minutes but will be interesting to see.

Please list the following (Place ? mark if unsure)

Indoor/outdoor: (rural, suburban, or urban)
Years operated:#
# of operating fields: specify size and type(ex. 5 man, 7 nppl, xball, etc)
Average total numbers of players per week or month
Off season(most likely winter) at reg price**:
Competitive players:
Recball players:
Prime season:
Competitive players:
Recball players:
Average cases(2000rds) at reg**. price Sold per week or month
average off-season:
average Prime:
Number of total payroll staff during a normal day of play (usually saturday or sunday):

** If your running a special such as free entry do not include those players in your average only as a case of paint if purchased, same as for paint (ex BYOP)

Anyone help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 12:52 AM #2
lovejuice28

any help?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:24 AM #3
TwistedPBMom
Field Owner

TwistedPBMom is a Supporting Member
TwistedPBMom is an Ultimate field/store owner
TwistedPBMom supports our troops
Most of us do not want to release "confidential" information of this nature. Who knows if it might end up in the hands of our competition. Example - someone that opened a field close to mine (fly-by-night, no knowledge of the sport or industry - just thinks he's going to get rich) stopped by a couple of weekends ago to "introduce" himself. After the initial pleasantries he then began asking questions like "how many people do you have on an average Saturday?"; "how much did you pay for your rental guns?" and stuff like that. Humph - think I'm going to tell him??? NOT. Same thing goes here - although it would be interesting to be able to compare your field to others, no one is going to bust out with the information you are asking.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 PM #4
lovejuice28

i understand what your saying but i dont think the competition benefits from knowing how many plaers playat your field or how many cases you sell. If your going broke your going broke, if your making money your making money. Its not going to change how many people come to your field.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM #5
TwistedPBMom
Field Owner

TwistedPBMom is a Supporting Member
TwistedPBMom is an Ultimate field/store owner
TwistedPBMom supports our troops
Whether they benefit or not - it's none of their business. It's none of their business how many people I average on a weekend, how many cases of paint I sell and how many refs I have on hand for the day. Just as it's none of my business how much your parent's make and what their car payment is. I was just trying to give you a nice explanation of why field/store owners probably have not responded to your thread. And why I do not intend to.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:18 PM #6
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPBMom
Whether they benefit or not - it's none of their business.
Knowing that kind of information is a HUGE benefit. Why do you think it costs so much to purchase franchises?
Knowing that information can help you accurately judge the market and calculate risks and rates of return.
It also provides you with invaluable information that can be used to determine if it is beneficial or even possible to undercut the competition or compete with them head-to-head.
Generalized information about the industry is very valuable (just look at the price of the guide thatís for sale). Specific market information in priceless.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:00 PM #7
lovejuice28

OK first off i respect anyones right Not to disclose this information, but to say its a huge benefit and compare it to a franchised industry is pretty off the wall. You buy into an industry one for the incredible amount of advertising you get for the price. Also a franchise pretty much gives you a guide to how you should run your business and as long as your location is ok their pretty much guarentee that your business will not go under. I didnt ask how much you sell your paint for, how much your getting it for or your entry to your field , etc... If someone sit outside your store one day and counts how many people are coming to your store and how many cases they carry out to the field, please inform to what they may do with this information... If your not making much business why undercut you by dropping their prices. What business will they still from you if your not mkaing alot already? if your making out great and cut prices it will not be significant enough to draw the business away from you to them and allow them to make enough profit to stay afloar. I don't know many people who will simply choose one place over the other cuz its 5 dollars cheaper. I think it comes down to quality, ad convenience. Remember i'm not begging nor am i forcing anyone to answer...Without trying to offend anyone if you think its a competitive advantage to know another fields player stats....you really need to revise your business plan, because it won't make anyone any more money. I can tell you how many customers go to mcdonalds, how much mcdonalds charges for a cheese burger, how many people buy their cheeaseburgers when they buy them the most, i could even tell you how much it costs them to prodcude the cheeseburgers.... and then ask Wendys what the hel their going to do about it? It comes down to marketing and operation.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 AM #8
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejuice28
Do you really know so much about the burger business? Doubt it. McDonald's most certainly doesn't make its marketing information public.

A business plan is full of unknowns, assumptions, and guesses. Those unknowns include turnover and client base.

Marketing and marketing studies cost a fortune. Sit outside a store and count customers? That alone will cost you a lot of money. One week's wage or the cost to monitor the place at a minimum.