PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-15-2006, 09:20 AM #1
burst

has been a member for 10 years
Question on ordering an Epic

Ok, I have been checking almost daily for the past month to see if the DV8 was going to be in stock with no luck. I have also been calling about twice a week and just getting an answering machine, although I have only left one message. I even dropped him an email about a week ago. I noticed the first time I visited the web page that it has not been updated since July 6, 2005. Has he been out of stock that long? Is the company even still around? Anyone have any info or suggestions? I really would like to pick one of these up but don't want to beat a dead horse or become a pest to the guy if he is no longer selling markers.
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 PM #2
suprtpr

suprtpr is a Supporting Member
Be patient, Jim is a very busy man. Paintball is his hobby and ICE Paintball is just a part-time business for him. He works a full-time job also. I had to call and leave a message with Pat when I bought my EPIC. Pat or Jim will call you back if you leave a message. The phone number is (909) 598-0150. If no one answers just leave a message. Jim and Pat have great customer service, and Jim really backs his product. He is a perfectionist and that is why he takes so much time to build his markers. He wants you to have a marker that will work every time you take it out to play.

If for some reason you can't seem to get one new and you decied you want to get a used one there is one up on Ebay right now. It closes this week though, so you better jump on it if you want it
Old 03-16-2006, 12:12 AM #3
burst

Thanx for the quick reply to the tread. Now that that is out of the way, I'm glad to hear he's still in business. I really think he has a great product. I just did not want to bother the guy if he had moved on to other projects. I look forward to purchasing an Epic DV8 from of him.

I found out about the Epic purely by accident while looking through PBReview looking for a mechanical marker. I own an IR3 and DM4 already but was getting a bit tired of the whole race to put as much paint as possible down field in the shortest amount of time that seems to be taking place at our private field. (32 players at the moment) We try to maintain a family environment and I do not feel that this is indicative of such an environment. I cringe every time I see a 12 year old lit up by 8 or so paintballs because the guy shooting at him has his ramping or full auto set at unlimited BPS. Maybe through my example as one of the oldest players (since 1989) I can show that you do not need the speed to be a great player.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:46 PM #4
dann_
Look at the Flames

Well, that is a great reason to buy an Epic. I only wish all players had the same mentality as you. Anyways, all the times that I had to deal with Jim have gone superb. It seems like he really stands behind his marker and customers. Just like suprtpr said, remain patient, the Epic is worth the wait

-Dan
Old 03-19-2006, 03:09 PM #5
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
Why not just pick up the regular epic? Only difference is it doesnt have that offset vertical feed, and honestly, I think the offset vert feed is terrible. Its like an inch higher than it should be and youd basically be better off running the right feed with an elbow if you ask me. Not to mention a Q loader would work great on the right feed models.

Id go with the non dv8, which are in stock.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:32 PM #6
burst

Jim and I finally touched base with each other. I have one ordered and it will be shipped out Monday. Can't wait to try it out at our game Saturday if it shows up in time.