The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixp8ntballr
Right

....er no...wrong.... Proof in the making is dynasty. How many NPPL tournys in the U.S. did dynasty win last year when Ollie was present? ya like all of them.. How many PSP tournys? All but one.

So now, ollie is gone, and Dynasty has lost both major events they have played. Can you tell me ollie's absence doesn't have something to do with that?
We will see in the months to come....

Now I'm not dissagreeing with you entirely, it does take a team to win, but key players will make the difference.
ehhh yeah, um about that. Dynasty lost one event in psp and NPPL. I know they lost Denver but can not remember what PSP they lost. If you noticed in Texas no teams did well due to the incliment weather. Teams were unprepared for this which resulted in breaking of paint and other things. Also this week in Huntington beach, who was in the finals? I believe it was Dynasty and XSV without Dynasty having Ollie or Todd Martinez since he crashed that golf cart. So you see Dynasty is a great team regardless of Ollie or not. It's a team who wins a tournament not a player. If it was just a player who won a tournament we could just put he or she onto the field and they would beat everyone right?

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 01:50 PM #65
NSLegacy11

NSLegacy11 is a Professional paintball player
A single player cannot win a tournament in any sporting event. Theres a reason that there are team sports, its all how the TEAM can come together and put all of their skills together and come out with a win. Ofcourse a certain player can help the team more than others but in the end its the people next to him that make what he does possible. if you feel that a single player can win a tournament, then you are the exact kind of person i would not want on my team. I hope you guys know that. I know a lot of players that would be awesome, only if they could get off their high horse and stop thinking they are gods gift to the sport.

www.nxepaintball.com
www.hybridworld.us
Angry
Old 03-30-2006, 01:56 PM #66
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Exactly.... Thanks for expanding on my point Nick.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 03-30-2006, 04:33 PM #67
Matrixp8ntballr (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eels23
ehhh yeah, um about that. Dynasty lost one event in psp and NPPL. I know they lost Denver but can not remember what PSP they lost. If you noticed in Texas no teams did well due to the incliment weather. Teams were unprepared for this which resulted in breaking of paint and other things. Also this week in Huntington beach, who was in the finals? I believe it was Dynasty and XSV without Dynasty having Ollie or Todd Martinez since he crashed that golf cart. So you see Dynasty is a great team regardless of Ollie or not. It's a team who wins a tournament not a player. If it was just a player who won a tournament we could just put he or she onto the field and they would beat everyone right?

Andy
It was the North east Open.

Did you actually read my last sentance? I said that I agreed that it does take an entire team of players to win a tourney. But the Fact that Dynasty has won Huntington Beach 2 years in a row with ollie, and then the first year they don't have him they go down in the finals proves a valid point that Ollie was a Key player who had a major hand in not only on field playing, but also the game plans and pumping up of the guys. Without ollie there in the pregame huddle, Dynasty was still talking about him and using him as motivation. Dynasty won tournaments with ollie lang. But heres what proves your point. The Ironmen, now they have ollie, have them been winning everything because they have him? No, so case in point. A Key player with his team can win consistantly, that same key player with a different team will have to fight tooth and nail. So yes, its not the player that wins the tourny, it is the team, but a single player can make all the difference.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:37 PM #68
Matrixp8ntballr (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSLegacy11
A single player cannot win a tournament in any sporting event. Theres a reason that there are team sports, its all how the TEAM can come together and put all of their skills together and come out with a win.

Thats actually not true.... Take Figure skating, all 3 men on the american figure skating team are competing, they are Team USA. But only one of them can win gold.

Ok yes, before you freak out I was kidding, just being facetious. Figure skating isn't really a sport where you work as a team, I know their competing against each other. It was a joke....

Hey nick if you talk to kyle(paintballerguy13) anytime soon tell him to hit me up on aim.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:38 PM #69
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Quote:
It was the North east Open.

Did you actually read my last sentance? I said that I agreed that it does take an entire team of players to win a tourney. But the Fact that Dynasty has won Huntington Beach 2 years in a row with ollie, and then the first year they don't have him they go down in the finals proves a valid point that Ollie was a Key player who had a major hand in not only on field playing, but also the game plans and pumping up of the guys. Without ollie there in the pregame huddle, Dynasty was still talking about him and using him as motivation. Dynasty won tournaments with ollie lang. But heres what proves your point. The Ironmen, now they have ollie, have them been winning everything because they have him? No, so case in point. A Key player with his team can win consistantly, that same key player with a different team will have to fight tooth and nail. So yes, its not the player that wins the tourny, it is the team, but a single player can make all the difference.

Ok, I must have taken it in a different way. But now I agree with you but I think Dynasty will start pulling it out again and being in the top positions after they learn to play without him because this means different people have to pick up his position.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 03-30-2006, 04:40 PM #70
Matrixp8ntballr (Banned)

Well technically top positions is where they still are. I mean #2 at HB isn't bad, its dam good.

I just think XSV has a really good roster this year, and its their year, thats what I'm hoping for, them and XS NRG.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM #71
baver10

Dynasty is going to be facing more problems for NXL the rest of the year. To top off Ollie leaving, Todd is now suspended for a year.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:39 PM #72
Matrixp8ntballr (Banned)

Isn't todd only suspened from NPPL?

Don't forget Danny Tiljak left for Avalanche.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:57 PM #73
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Isn't todd only suspened from NPPL?

Don't forget Danny Tiljak left for Avalanche.
Todd is suspended from PSP for damaging PSP property "intentionaly" which I doubt he meant to.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 03-30-2006, 08:38 PM #74
NSLegacy11

NSLegacy11 is a Professional paintball player
ah yes figure skating! good point i step down. lol

www.nxepaintball.com
www.hybridworld.us
Angry
Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 AM #75
ComSec
Makin' kids cry since1995

ComSec is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Dynasty lost ollie, todd(for psp), and tiljack.
Legacy Supporter #300
Naughty Dog Supporter #53

TEAMSAVAGE INTENT
Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS NFC West Champs.

USMC Iraq Vet///Rockin' an Olive Proto 'trix. w/V!rtue. ffry's old DM4
check out my page, it is the coolest. http://www.myspace.com/chase7x7
Old 03-31-2006, 07:43 PM #76
xdynastyx24
Contract Killer

xdynastyx24 is a Supporting Member
theres no I in TEAM

a team wins events not a person
-If your local(20min or less) i will meet up with you.
-Do not ask me to ship first. Thats like ordering off a online store and telling them to ship you the item first and then you'll pay them. In order to buy something YOU HAVE TO PAY FIRST!!!

Don't like my rules? Then go somewhere else and buy it.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:23 PM #77
theCOMEBACK
STFU PLZ

theCOMEBACK is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdynastyx24
theres no I in TEAM

a team wins events not a person
There is no 'I' in 'Team', but there is an 'I' in 'Pie'...there's an 'I' in 'Meat Pie'...and an anagram of 'Meat' is 'Team'...I dunno what he's talking about....