Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2015, 10:29 AM #1
Raden13

Bob Long Species - Small Recoil when fired. What Up?

What's up PBNation! I'm having an issue with a Species I just picked up and me not knowing jack about Bob Long guns I'm looking for help from the experts in the forums.

Details:
Gun powers up no problem, but when I hooked up my tank and tried to dry fire to test it out, instead of firing like normal, it's producing a tiny bolt recoil. I made a YouTube video with more details and to show exactly what it's doing. Feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V_REipIibw

Photo of the Patient:
Raden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2015, 11:42 AM #2
abcito

abcito is a Supporting Member
abcito is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
abcito owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You back cap is screwed into your bolt pin in that picture....unscrew it and place it in the hole above the ram cap....
The bolt pin on the species is threaded since the pin sits flush with the bolt...

Also you won't see the lpr gauge move...that gauge is up to 0-800 psi.....the lpr gauge should be maybe a 0-200/300 gauge as it should be around 85psi
abcito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:41 PM #3
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
You have a WAS board. The delay is cause of the board being set to delay mode, set the eye mode to force.

Remove the gauge on the front block and install a 0-160psi gauge. Then set the lpr to 75psi.

Is this the species that was bought for $50 that I seen on the Facebook Bob long page?

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:14 PM #4
Raden13

Thx for the info. I took the bolt pin out and stuck it in the hole behind the bolt. That's the only gauge I have for now, I'll have to buy one with a smaller range.

I set the delay to force, retested and now I don't see any movement in the bolt at all. Additionally, I took apart the HPR and LPR, everything looks ok. All parts are accounted for and look ok. Next I backed out the HPR and LPR then turned the HPR in (clockwise to increase pressure) 3 turns, then turned the LPR in 2 turns and still not seeing any kind of change, no movement in the bolt. Seems like the gun isn't getting any pressure at all.

Oh and nope, not the one that was picked up for $50.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:00 PM #5
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
In force mode, you have to hold the trigger for one second to force fire it. For testing purposes simply turn the eyes off for now.

Be sure to read the board manual..

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:48 PM #6
Raden13

Thanks gamer565, I tracked down the manual for the board, read it to get up to speed on it and put it in bypass mode for the time being.

Then, I took apart my HPR and figured out the issue after remembering something Mike from Paintball-tech-pb said in his Bob Long Intimidator maintenance video. "Make sure the concave side of the piston is facing towards the pin." Well, turns out mine was turned the wrong way. Fixed that, aired it up and Boom! Test fired it no problem. Thanks for all the feedback along the way everyone!

Last edited by Raden13 : 05-20-2015 at 11:58 PM.