Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2017, 04:57 PM #1
Left Hand AG

2k2 boards with new modes and display screen

I have been working on a friends old ECX intimidator and I was wondering if there are any boards available that would shoot the Millineum 10.5. I could also use a new display as the left side of the screen seems to be burned out. Anyone have info on either of these parts. Didn't see much online. Thanks in advance for any information.
Left Hand AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2017, 05:59 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

There are a few boards that will get you close. I believe the WAS with 2.9 firmware is capable of 10 bps but I don't think it is Millienum legal (ramping pull rate may not be to rules spec). The down side is that the 2.9 code does not support the LCD so your screen won't display anything readable.

The Tadao 2k2 board with M5 code can do 10 and 10.5 bps. But, again, don't know if the ramping pull rate is tourney legal.

The Frenzy with 127.4 does have ramping but I think it caps at 15 bps. It does support the LCD though.

There are a couple others I think, just never seen them pop up and don't know much about them.

The WAS and Frenzy do pop up every now and then but are getting harder and harder to find as time goes on. The Tadao 2k2 boards are very hard to find these days - especially with the M5 code and if/when you do find one, be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it and to act fast. It won't last long on the market.

Other options would be to make some mods and try and fit a Gen 3 board in your marker. I think the Empire 1.5 code can be set-up to do between 10 and 18 bps, but like the others, the pull rate may not be tourney legal.

Your best shot at finding any of these boards is going to be in the B/S/T pages of various forums like this one, maybe Armorypaintball.com , or on one of the paintball Facebook pages. Just remember, these are old, used boards you are looking for and trying to fit current (and ever-changing) rules. Because they are getting hard to find, have that wallet ready and don't wait too long make the buy because they don't seem to last very long before they are snatched up. Good luck.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 PM #3
Left Hand AG

Thanks for all the info. Gives me a few options to look for.
Left Hand AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:45 AM #4
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
you'll have a easier time converting it to a 2k5 and finding a tournament legal board.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote