PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-25-2016, 06:29 PM #1
eyerlyman

eyerlyman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shout Out to BLAST for poor service (Gen 3. Atomix)

So here she is, my 2005 Bob Long Atomix A-Bomb edition Intimidator (gen. 3). A few of you know I am the original owner of this market and we have had many fun times together. I spent the best years of my paintball playing days using this market and developed some of the best friendships of my life paying with some unbelievably talented individuals. This was the golden age of paintball. I was/am never interested in selling it as the resale value is garbage and the nostalgia of the old days and past friendships means too much to me to ever consider it. Over the years it had its problems and eventually sat for the last 8 years or so.

So now that I consider playing on a random weekend occasionally I need to fix a few problems and make it operational again. It has a few problems. There is a severe leak in front of the barrel where the front regulator meets the body and it has severe battery drain. In the past I had the knowledge and parts to fix it, on one occasion I sent it to the Bob Long factory in California to have it fixed. As my ability to fix it myself has diminished over the years and it has a few significant problems, I decided once again to send it to the Bob Long factory for repair, because after all, who would have a greater ability to repair this beautiful piece of art than the guys who made it.

This is the point of my long winded story.

So I sent the marker into BLAST (Bob Long shop) back in February and had not heard back from them since. I decided to call this past week (June) to see what's up. The gentleman on the phone was very nice and attended to my request immediately. He was not sure why I was not contacted and apologized. No work as been done on the marker. The Tech department proceeded to tell me that they had stopped servicing these markers some time ago and that they would not be able to fix it. WTF. I make it known that I would gladly pay whatever they wanted if he could just fix it, but he refused. He then proceeded to go over the list of problems I had indicated needed work and told me EXACTLY how to fix it. So here is my problem, are you listening BLAST? If you can tell me we exactly what us wrong and how to fix each problem I have, why not do so let my request? I don't have an air fill station at my house, or anywhere near me for that matter to fill my air tank to work on it. I have enough duplicate parts buy so do you. I also don't have years of experience fixing these damned things. You do.

As you can tell, I'm disappointed that the Bob Long factory couldn't do anything for me. The tech was kind enough to send me some o rings and talk me through each problem and ship it back without charge but that doesn't cut it. I love this thing and as I consider purchasing a new marker in the future, Bob Long was at the top of the list. Now unfortunately I would not consider purchasing any Bob Long product in the future because if their poor service department. I m sure you have your reasons but this isn't exactly rocket science. The tech even told me that this generation of marker was made with "****ty components" before telling me I'm out of luck. So I will continue my search for someone who can fix this for me, but I will never again consider Bob Long for any of my paintball needs.

Thanks for listening to my frustration.

GFYS BLAST.

- jefé

TL;DR: My old atomix intimidator sat on the factory floor for 3 months. When I called to see whats up they told me they wont fix it.

My Feedback
eyerlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2016, 06:32 PM #2
Turpid Porpoise
Original Join Date 8/2005

Turpid Porpoise owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Turpid Porpoise plays in the APPA D5 division
Turpid Porpoise supports Ninja Paintball
Pm me a list of issues, I can probably help you out
Old 06-25-2016, 07:07 PM #3
Mister Crunchy
Safety third.

I'm sure it's little consolation, OP, but your post has probably saved me some hassle and heartache, knowing that BLAST won't work on Gen 3s anymore. So thanks for that. I hope you get your A-bomb's issues sorted.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:43 PM #4
HoneyKix
Without any milk

HoneyKix is playing at Living Legends VII
HoneyKix plays in the APPA beginner division
HoneyKix has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HoneyKix supports Ninja Paintball
Yeah, unfortunately Blasts customer service isn't what it used to be, I've had to send in my vcom engine twice now.

Marq Clan

Vcom, G6r, Smart Parts Vision Impulse/Shocker SFT, 04 Prostock, and an Invert Mini
HoneyKix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:09 PM #5
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Try talking to Planet Eclipse for a ego10. They won't touch it! I don't know whats going on at bob long lately, but I've heard nothing but headaches. If you can't fix it plenty of us on this forum can but it sounds like the tech got you sorted out over the phone?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:30 AM #6
wakedirt

I have a gen 4 sent into paintballtek.com I haven't got it back yet but I hear he is good with timmys
wakedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:24 AM #7
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Its also getting harder to swallow..

alot of these guns are over 10 years old.
My imtimidators are just now old enough to play paintball
themselves.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
WTB Landshark Edition BL Victory
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:28 PM #8
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VIII
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends IX
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 supports Ninja Paintball
The drop off in customer service the past few years has really been disheartening.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote