Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-21-2006, 06:59 PM #1
ManEatingPanda
Sanction me.

has been a member for 10 years
Tough one, FSP vs. Interceptor

Well, as i now possess 600 cash in my hand, im tasked with the hard decision on whether to get a ND freestyle pro, or an alien interceptor. If somebody who has shot both can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM #2
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
shot a ndfsp teched by the nd head tech and an alien, and i have to say the alien wins. at high rates of fire, the freestyle kicks quite a bit, they need upgrades (HR1) in order to be efficient, so-so accuracy. don't get me wrong, they're good guns, but interceptors top them by far. they're more efficient, accurate, a bit faster, have better customer support (ICd customer support sucks, i would know -_-), and, thought this is just a factor that i like, the alien is more exotic... less people have aliens that freestyles.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 PM #3
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Eek, balancing regulators scares me.

Aside from that, the fact that ICD customer support is some of the worst in the industry gives Alien the win IMO.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 PM #4
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

i own an fs7 and did an fs7 vs interceptor, but rluna killed it...
i have it somewhere though, and ill get it back up if it will help you.

that is a tough one, if you can get palmers qev's, an hr1 bolt mod, aftermarket regs, and an aftermarket barrel for it, it will be real nice and hot, and you wont be able to feed yourself cause you'll be broke. interceptor's already got all you need for the 600 even, though its not too pretty. if your going to put a ****load of money into your ndfsp, do it, it will be sick, but even after you have spent all the money, which one's better will be preferance. but, stock and even with a few ups, the interceptor wins. after the hr1, freestyles get real nice though.
freestyles and interceptors are both nice shooters, it really comes down to how much money you want to spend. if money is a bit less of an object, and you really want the ndfsp, they are very nice and hot guns, but they are more expensive than interceptors. you will end up spending more than the 600 on the fs, and if you dont, then the interceptor would have probably been a better choice.

one question:
is it a gloss silver ndfsp?

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 02-21-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:41 PM #5
ManEatingPanda
Sanction me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDRulesAll
i own an fs7 and did an fs7 vs interceptor, but rluna killed it...
i have it somewhere though, and ill get it back up if it will help you.

that is a tough one, if you can get palmers qev's, an hr1 bolt mod, aftermarket regs, and an aftermarket barrel for it, it will be real nice and hot, and you wont be able to feed yourself cause you'll be broke. interceptor's already got all you need for the 600 even, though its not too pretty. if your going to put a ****load of money into your ndfsp, do it, it will be sick, but even after you have spent all the money, which one's better will be preferance. but, stock and even with a few ups, the interceptor wins. after the hr1, freestyles get real nice though.
freestyles and interceptors are both nice shooters, it really comes down to how much money you want to spend. if money is a bit less of an object, and you really want the ndfsp, they are very nice and hot guns, but they are more expensive than interceptors. you will end up spending more than the 600 on the fs, and if you dont, then the interceptor would have probably been a better choice.

one question:
is it a gloss silver ndfsp?

Nah red>black. Thanks for your insight.

My Feedback
Old 02-22-2006, 09:47 AM #6
Game Over

The NDFS-7 isn't a bad marker, but the Alien Interceptor is a better choice.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:20 PM #7
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManEatingPanda
Nah red>black
i think the gloss silver ndfsp is the hottest gun out there

havnt seen a red/black yet though...

edit:

heres my fs7/ceptor comparison

thanks for getting it rluna

speed-both are real fast

weight- the interceptor feels lighter, or maybe just better ballanced, and by an easily noticed amount when compared side to side, but not so much while playing.

size- ceptor is less long by about an inch, and skinnier as well. they are both about the same height.

board- stock fs7: nox lite, stock interceptor: WAS equalizer. WAS equalizer>nox lite

accuracy- well, this is mostly determined by the barrel, and since i use the same cp 2 piece on both, its close. it does, however, seem that i can get the first shot closer to where i want it with the interceptor, but the fs7 also has a little less kick, so it looks like pretty much a tie there, but i havnt done any real testing to confirm. and maybe the lucky vavle will change the kick aspect...

chops- rare with both guns as long as they are kept well

feel- well, imho the interceptor 85* frame is the best feeling of them all, so thats kinda hard to be unbiased about it. it really does take holding an interceptor to fully apreciate it, and the frame is a big part of it. its well balanced as well. but, this is not to say the fs7 has a bad feel, i just prefer the 85* to the 45

reliabilty- i have had some problems with both (bad chopping, slow cycling, leaking(only fs7), bad trigger stick(only interceptor)), and they were mostly caused by me. all the problems could be fixed with taking it apart, lubing the gun up, checking for noticable damage, and then reassembling the gun, or giving the manufacturer a quick call. their both good reliable guns, if you take good care of them.

customer service- i sent in a bko to icd to get fixed (screwed the noid up good) and didnt get the gun back for a month and a half. sent in the interceptor to alien (busted a screw in the ram housing), got it back next week. alien ftw?
i think that that kind of service makes up for a lack of local techs for the interceptor that the freesyle may have.

trajectory- their pretty damn close, though i think the interceptor's got it there as well. the sweep valve does give it a nice shot, and i will be checking this out real close next week, and then ill make a vid of it

value-

stock 05 ceptor from alienpb.com: good stock barrel, feedneck, board, cp reg, but jack says its good, shipped for 620

stock fs7: 740 on actionvillage, barrel: say 60, after market hpr: say 60 as well, board: 90, hr1: 100, and that just to get it around preformace of the interceptor. imo, they are only comparable after those ups have been added

you decide.

looks: i think the fs7 is pretty good looking, and as much as i like the ceptor, its not a very good looking gun.

conclusion-
the main advantages that the fs7 has on the interceptor are looks and kick. fs7's with hr1's have very little kick, and less than the ceptor. if your really hate a little kick (keyword: little, meaning timmy/ego little),youve got the money, and your superficial, fs7's are nice guns to have, and if that dosent bother you, and if your in to having a really light, small gun, with alot of cool innovative and usefull features for a really good price, the interceptor is the winner.

their both good guns, but i think that the interceptor offers much more for less $

KillWithGrace

Last edited by TheDRulesAll : 02-22-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:34 PM #8
TheGunSlinger
What is your Anti-Gat?

The alien will give you fewer problems and if and when it does give you problems, they will be easier to diagnois.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:43 PM #9
dye399

in my opinion the interceptor is better.
icd is a pain in the a** to deal with. jack is a great reliable guy, he fixed my gun and had it back to me in like 4 days. icd on the other hand took more than 2 months just to replace one simple thing.
if i were you i would definetly buy the interceptor becauase of its amazing price and just becasue it proforms better.

*Hornets Nest Warriors*
Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 PM #10
NS-Tristan
BÍte Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
icd has horrible customer service, and some FS's are really tempermental...lots of problems, with them (or so local people have experienced....)
Tristan Duncan #03
BÍte Noire

Feedback

Marq7 Trade
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 PM #11
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

fs7's are actually very reliable guns if taken care of well. the older fs's had reliability issues, but 90% of fs7 issues are idiot user related. they are well built guns.

KillWithGrace
Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 AM #12
team_Static_Age

team_Static_Age owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
team_Static_Age supports Team VICIOUS
I have the fs8 and fs7 great fast guns. Interceptor is equally fast and doesnt need many mods (same witht he fs series). One thing is that when you get the fs change the regs (stocks sucks) also adjust trigger. In this thread its preference both guns are great and you need to go out and shoot both and see what you like.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:09 AM #13
Dr.StraightPride

Personal preference. Shoot them both yourself and then decide.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:30 PM #14
moo_moo_face

personnaly the balancing the regs on the fs and the bolt both scare me.
not sure why about the bolt, theres not that many peices if i rember correctly, but just scares me for some reason though
and if your looking at the fsp, i read a while back while i was looking at freestyles, there tempermental or somthing, and that the fs7 is alot more reliable
silver inver mini #001266
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post21989856
^^^^feedback^^^^

spread the word on mayonaise nationwide
Old 03-14-2006, 03:50 PM #15
Heimdall (Banned)

The FSP has alot of problems, the V7 is much better and can be had for 600.

However, you should really shoot 1000 shots or so through both and come to your own conclusion instead of asking the internet.

The Alien feels better to me, but that's largley due to the grip and trigger, not because the Freestyle sucks
Old 03-14-2006, 03:59 PM #16
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

ballancing regs isnt very complicated at all. try it sometime on a friends freestly, if you can. the bolt assembly is very convenient, and does not require tools to dissasemble.

the problem with the fsp really was in the qev's they used. the stock ones apparently gave lots of trouble, and didnt allow the gun to reach its full potential. aftermarket qev's solved that issue. the fs7 eliminated them. the fsp is also lighter than the fs7.

KillWithGrace
Old 03-14-2006, 05:47 PM #17
moo_moo_face

none of my freinds have freestyles. infact i dont think i even know anybody besides on pbn who does.
everyone around me has smart parts, dye, or planet eclipse.
i didnt think the freestyle bolt had many parts and whatnot, it just seems to me like i would be the one guy to lose one of the parts or forget to lube somthing then it wouldnt work, and id be the guy making 15 threads on how gay it is when its actully my fault
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-20-2006, 10:53 PM #18
ikey

well now FS8s can be had for like 650, so now i really dont know which one to get.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 PM #19
moo_moo_face

i havent looked real hard on this, but whats the real diffrence in fs8's and fs7's?
black reloader B
70/4500 crossfire stubby

^^^^feedback^^^^

Old 04-21-2006, 12:03 AM #20
DarkTamer
Reaganomics!

I've never seen a single ICD product that worked reliably (several kinds of bushies, several different freestyles), and all my friends who have dealt with ICD tech support have had terrible experiences with them.

All the aliens I've seen (about three interceptors, and four remains) have all worked flawlessly. And Jack Rice provides excellent tech support, never heard of a single complaint against him.

Plus, Aliens just win out in terms of performance in every possible way, except maybe in speed whereas they are equal... but so is every gun that costs $600 and up.

jdev taught me that."

Lava Sniper 2 For sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post63728244
Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 AM #21
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey
well now FS8s can be had for like 650, so now i really dont know which one to get.
I haven't shot an fs8 yet, but I've heard very good things. However, I doubt that they're signifigantly better or worse than the Alien in performance or reliability, so either go by personal preference or customer support. Alien wins hands down in the latter category.